On "Accusing" "Charging" and "Just Telling My Story" and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

i guess i'm glad that you think my wife will be saved even though she's a non-Christian and an unrepentant sinner :idunno:

and i spose you're free to love her if you like

I don't know her. But I have come to know you here on TOL. And I am trying to love you! That is a big enough task for now.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I guess I'm glad that you think my wife will be saved even though she's a non-Christian and an unrepentant sinner."
She'll go to hell (Pr 7:27, Ro 8:13, Rev. 21:8).

"And I suppose you're free to love her if you like."
You, of all people, are supposed to (Eph. 5:25–33). You are one with her (Matt. 19:5, 6) until death (Rom. 7:2, 3). Reconciliation is encouraged (1 Cor. 7:10–17) but since she is defiled you are not required to join with her again physically (1 Cor. 6:9–11).

bybee

She'll go to hell (Pr 7:27, Ro 8:13, Rev. 21:8).

You, of all people, are supposed to (Eph. 5:25–33). You are one with her (Matt. 19:5, 6) until death (Rom. 7:2, 3). Reconciliation is encouraged (1 Cor. 7:10–17) but since she is defiled you are not required to join with her again physically (1 Cor. 6:9–11).

How many of us would you put to death?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we are called to live a righteous, sober and Godly life. We must make choices. And we must speak out when we witness evil or even the potential for evil...
Must have missed your
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
speaking out against the evil of adultery (Ex 20:14) in Ok Doser's life.
bored.gif
You recognized the evil of rape (also punishable by death [Ex. 21:16]) but skipped over the crime of adultery (Lev. 20:10–12) and jumped right into your pious platitude. :eek:

...but, only God knows the heart.
By man his blood shall be shed (Ge 9:6). The death penalty shall not be remitted (Nu 35:31).

Did you even know that adultery is a crime punishable by death? :freak: Laws come from God not man (1 Ti 1:8-10, Ac 5:29).

PureX

Just be yourself, Doser.

What anyone else thinks doesn't matter, really, because the rest of us are bent by our own opinions.
What other people think does matter BECAUSE we are all 'bent' by our own opinions. How can we ever learn anything new if we never pay attention to anything but our own opinions?
In the cosmic economy we are each responsible for our own actions and reactions. I, alone, have to answer for my words and reactions...not yours.
And yet other people suffer for our actions (and inactions) all the time, while we continue on oblivious in our self-bias and willful ignorance.

No offense intended, but your philosophy, here, seems rather selfish and ineffective, to me.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Adultery punishable by death (Lev. 20:10–12)] How many of us would you put to death?

Are you an adulteress? 1 Ti 1:9

That is none of your business.
:chz4brnz: Then don't ask the hypothetical question.

But I will say that I was married for 52 years to the only man who knew me in the Biblical sense. This, in and of itself does not make me a good woman.
:chz4brnz: We don't know about his wife.

I'm not impressed with little old ladies holding hands with little old men. I don't know who they kicked to the curb in marriage prior (Matt. 19:6) to their current affair (Jn 4:18, Heb 13:4

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He wants to talk about it ..... again.

That *does* seem to be the case. He also seems to forget that no one condoned adultery ... but instead rejected the idea that he was free to follow up on a relationship with a women he claimed he met at the library because he stated he was still very much married.

I don't personally care what he says about an ex-wife because it is of no benefit to read or respond to any of his posts.

PureX

He wants to talk about it ..... again.
He craves attention like an addict craves dope. And he's learned that it's easy to generate negative attention from others by posting annoying and outrageous comments. When that wears off, he has to keep beating the subject over and over and over and over, to get that attention that he so desperately needs. And every time you people rise to his bait, you enable his sickness.

He's like a black hole of negative energy: always trying to draw it out of everyone who comes in contact with him, yet he never gets his fill. He's a sick individual who will do nothing to try and get better. The best thing we can do for him is put him on ignore. Otherwise we're just feeding his endless craving for attention; negative attention being the easiest for him to generate from others.

theophilus

What other people think does matter BECAUSE we are all 'bent' by our own opinions. How can we ever learn anything new if we never pay attention to anything but our own opinions?
And yet other people suffer for our actions (and inactions) all the time, while we continue on oblivious in our self-bias and willful ignorance.

No offense intended, but your philosophy, here, seems rather selfish and ineffective, to me.

Does my opinion of your hair color affect you?

No.

If you hate Sudoku does it affect me?

No.

What's the problem?

PureX

Does my opinion of your hair color affect you?

No.

If you hate Sudoku does it affect me?

No.

What's the problem?
The problem is that we aren't discussing hair color or Sudoku. We're discussing a sick man's addiction to negative attention, masquerading as a question about his ongoing offensive commentaries.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He craves attention like an addict craves dope. And he's learned that it's easy to generate negative attention from others by posting annoying and outrageous comments. When that wears off, he has to keep beating the subject over and over and over and over, to get that attention that he so desperately needs. And every time you people rise to his bait, you enable his sickness.

He's like a black hole of negative energy: always trying to draw it out of everyone who comes in contact with him, yet he never gets his fill. He's a sick individual who will do nothing to try and get better. The best thing we can do for him is put him on ignore. Otherwise we're just feeding his endless craving for attention; negative attention being the easiest for him to generate from others.

/thread

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Victim of adultery Ex 20:14, Lev. 20:10–12] He craves attention like an addict craves dope....[Y]ou enable his sickness. He's like a black hole of negative energy...He's a sick individual who will do nothing to try and get better. The best thing we can do for him is put him on ignore.

Is 5:20

In our culture we have experienced the death of outrage--there is no outrage over sin. There is only outrage toward one who speaks out sin unashamedly" ~ Bob Enyart

As a reminder Pure X is number 37 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

theophilus

The problem is that we aren't discussing hair color or Sudoku. We're discussing a sick man's addiction to negative attention, masquerading as a question about his ongoing offensive commentaries.

Doser needs attention. I get that.

Doser needs to be himself. I said that.

Apparently his comments aren't so offensive that no one likes him save a couple. People keep repping/egging him on. He likes it (he said so himself).

Why, if he "acknowledges: he is sick, would he ask strangers on a message board for help?

Why do strangers "count" in his self-view? Because he's "sick."

My point was "why he shouldn't care if people call him a retard."

Status
Not open for further replies.