Oh the Irony...

God's Truth

You really need to read all of the 507.
Then you would find and maybe remember the poor laws.

Revelation 22:15; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10; Galatians 5:19–21; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Timothy 1:9, 10; Hebrews 12:14.

Ephesians 4:28
Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

1 Corinthians 6:10
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

God's Truth

eider

Exodus 23

Laws of Justice and Mercy

2“Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.

4“If you come across your enemy’s ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to return it. 5If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.

6“Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. 7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... bringing a helpless baby into existence then it's on them to take care of it! To starve it to death is murder!

you know this and I know this (and I'm sure way 2 go knows it), but the natural consequence of the position of the pro-abort doesn't recognize it, not without the cognitive dissonance seen when you can get them to discuss it.

Their argument always boils down to "bodily autonomy", they'll never admit to being in favor of limited bodily autonomy, and when you start describing the consequences of FULL bodily autonomy, they usually drop out of the discussion.

Full bodily autonomy means not only the right to kill your unborn child without governmental interference, it means the right to walk away from your responsibilities after delivery with no consequences, the right to leave your child to starve.

They know in their hearts that that is wrong, but they can't articulate why, so they walk away from the discussion.

I usually take the time to remind those remaining of Romans 2:15

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...(Jesus) followed the Old Testament poor laws to the letter.
... So you have never read the 507 OT laws ...
... "the old testament poor laws" - your words, you get to explain them

hint- there weren't 507 "poor laws"

You really need to read all of the 507

yes, i have

most of them wouldn't strike me as being aptly described as "poor laws"

let's try a different tack

eider - can you list all of the "Old Testament poor laws" that you believe Jesus followed "to the letter"?

eider

Revelation 22:15; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10; Galatians 5:19–21; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Timothy 1:9, 10; Hebrews 12:14.

Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

You either follow the 507 or you don't.
Paul did not redact any of 'em, methinks.

eider

eider

Exodus 23

Laws of Justice and Mercy

2“Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.

4“If you come across your enemy’s ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to return it. 5If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.

6“Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. 7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.

I was thinking of the very basis of the Baptist's and Jesus's missions.
Example:-
Matthew {9:13} But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners
to repentance.

...... this the very basis of cleansing and redemption through baptism, thus avoiding the costly visits to a corrupt Temple. :)

God's Truth

I was thinking of the very basis of the Baptist's and Jesus's missions.
Example:-
Matthew {9:13} But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners
to repentance.
All are sinners. When Jesus says he is not come to call the righteous, but sinners, it means all have to admit their sins and confess and repent of them to get saved.

...... this the very basis of cleansing and redemption through baptism, thus avoiding the costly visits to a corrupt Temple. :)

The scripture I gave you from Exodus is not corrupt, it is a command from God, it is about not taking the side of a poor person just because they are poor. If the poor person did something sinful, then they should be held accountable for it.

eider

You can't steal just because you are poor.

The poor would not need to steal.
Need Thefts would not happen.

Rich are required to lend to the poor, and repayments must not be demanded where the poor cannot pay (Ex. 22:24) (Deut. 15:9) (Deut. 15:7) (Deut. 24:10)
Unpaid debts will be layed aside in the seventh year (Deut. 15:2)
Everybody must support the poor according to their means (Deut. 15:11)

eider

All are sinners. When Jesus says he is not come to call the righteous, but sinners, it means all have to admit their sins and confess and repent of them to get saved.
You don't get to tell us what a sentence means when it can stand by itself, and in your edit you completely missed out 'Mercy'.

The scripture I gave you from Exodus is not corrupt, it is a command from God, it is about not taking the side of a poor person just because they are poor. If the poor person did something sinful, then they should be held accountable for it.
Never said it was, nor did I mention taking the side of a pauper after crime.

My quotes are God's truth as well, because they came from the bible.

God's Truth

The poor would not need to steal.
Need Thefts would not happen.

Rich are required to lend to the poor, and repayments must not be demanded where the poor cannot pay (Ex. 22:24) (Deut. 15:9) (Deut. 15:7) (Deut. 24:10)
Unpaid debts will be layed aside in the seventh year (Deut. 15:2)
Everybody must support the poor according to their means (Deut. 15:11)

You do what God says not to do when you take the side of the poor when they do wrong

God's Truth

You don't get to tell us what a sentence means when it can stand by itself,
I do get to tell what a sentence means.

Where is your mercy?

and in your edit you completely missed out 'Mercy'.

Where did I say a thief should be put to death or have his hands cut off?

You are not a very nice person when try to make me something I am not, such as unmerciful.

Never said it was, nor did I mention taking the side of a pauper after crime.

My quotes are God's truth as well, because they came from the bible.

You are the one standing up for thieves.

eider

Where is your mercy?

You are not a very nice person when try to make me something I am not, such as unmerciful.

Paupers are not thieves, God's Truth.

And if you take care to read this same quote from Matthew, you'll see just where Jesus advocates mercy, just as the Baptist showed with his actions.

to repentance.

and again..........
Matthew {12:7} But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

............ if ye had known...................

eider

yes, i have

most of them wouldn't strike me as being aptly described as "poor laws"

let's try a different tack

eider - can you list all of the "Old Testament poor laws" that you believe Jesus followed "to the letter"?

You and your loaded questions, eh?
lets try a different tack. Can you tell me any of the OT poor laws that Jesus spoke out against?

Jesus stood up for the poor, the disabled, the sick... just as the Baptist did.

eider

You do what God says not to do when you take the side of the poor when they do wrong

How dishonest of you, to suggest that I support wrongdoing.

The law requires that the rich will help them in their difficulties, will not press for prepayments when they cannot be afforded, and many other such laws.

If you turn away from these then you turn away from rightousness.

eider

Where is your mercy?

Another false flag.

I stand up for the disabled and poor. But I don't think that you do, somehow.

And a person seeking refuge in an empty building is hardly committing a serious offence, but some here seem to grab the chance to kill such folks. It's not just pathetic, but wicked.

eider

Try listening to Jesus.
Luke 14:13. Invite the poor to your feast.

You need to care for the poor, sick and disabled..... Really.

God's Truth

Paupers are not thieves, God's Truth.

It is about thieves, not just the poor. That is what you don't get.

And if you take care to read this same quote from Matthew, you'll see just where Jesus advocates mercy, just as the Baptist showed with his actions.

to repentance.

and again..........
Matthew {12:7} But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

............ if ye had known...................

You have no case against me. Only a knucklehead would think Mathew wasn't read.

You've read Matthew how many times, and still don't understand it.

The old law had people put to death for some sins. Where have I said thieves should be put to death? You are making things up and not listening.

God's Truth

You and your loaded questions, eh?
lets try a different tack. Can you tell me any of the OT poor laws that Jesus spoke out against?

Jesus stood up for the poor, the disabled, the sick... just as the Baptist did.

Jesus didn't stand up for unrepentant sin.

It isn't a sin to beg, but it sure is a sin to steal.