Obey Jesus

glorydaz

Ya , the word pisteuo . it's used 248 times in the NT . It was mistranslated into the English because the English has no verb form of the noun Faith or pistis. Pisteuo was mistranslated when they used the words believe , believer , and believing . the English should have had the words faithe , faither , and faithing.

Pisteuo means , Vines definition : "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

When we surrender our lives to Christ and after He tests the surrendered life , He seals the Holy Spirit in us. As the result of our continual surrender to Him and His Spirit being in us , we have obedient acts from time to time . But those acts are not our own , it's Gods nature , His obedience shining through .

Really? In the Hebrew it means to "drive a stake". It speaks of a concrete belief in where you will pitch your tent.

Eagles Wings

Thanks. I will point out your non answer.

What is the standard to inherit eternal life? Hint, it is in the red letters that you do not obey. I will show after you make a rational answer.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION]
I humbly decline to discuss this issue with you.

Please don't belittle or bedraggle my good name nor my Christian faith, due to this post.

Thank you.

popsthebuilder

This is the truth bomb that blows all their boasting clean out of the water. The fact that we would never boast of works has not crossed their darkened, unredeemed, unregenerate and unrepentant minds.
Try actually reading some OTHER people's posts.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Post 5 examples of those 248.
Hebrews: 11. 8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

1 Peter: 3. 6. Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Matthew: 4. 18. And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 19. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

Matthew: 4. 21. And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. 22. And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Matthew: 8. 21. And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 22. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. 23. And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

Matthew: 9. 9. And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Matthew: 17. 18. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Mark: 2. 14. And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

Mark: 9. 38. And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40. For he that is not against us is on our part. 41. For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward. 42. And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

There are a few more than five, and I just stopped. A few of them speak of two or three people so the total sum is well over five.

peace
Post 5 examples of those 248.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Ok. Sure. Why not? Uhhhhhh, what does that mean exactly ? Can anyone give an example from their life where they made a decision or committed an action that was commanded by Jesus?[/QUOT

Making a decision to turn your life and will over to God ( Pisteuo ) isn't obeying a command , It's responding to an opportunity . When the Father calls or draws certain people to Christ , they respond in Faith . Faith in the application of , ( pisteuo ) is Vines : "A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Your question is flawed in the sense that yes , pisteuo is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidense , a verb , but it's not commanded by Christ . It's just stated by Him if anyone makes the choice to continually surrender their lives to Him , ( faithe into Him ) He will take the surrendered life and make it His by sealing His Spirit into them . The obedience that comes after the sealing of His Spirit into us , is His nature flowing through us , in part , that came from the surrendered life . A choice not an act of obedience .

marhig

GT is constantly harping on how she totally obeys Jesus all the time. You never call her on it and actually praise her posts. You seem to approve of her theology. If you think you're salvation is dependent upon your initial and continued obedience, then it's incumbent upon you to flesh out the nature of that obedience clearly .
I believe that we have to obey from the beginning, Jesus said, repent the kingdom of heaven is at hand. There's obedience straight away. We have a choice, believe, obey and repent or not. We're not getting anywhere unless we believe the gospel and truly repent first!

marhig

Thanks. I will point out your non answer.

What is the standard to inherit eternal life? Hint, it is in the red letters that you do not obey. I will show after you make a rational answer.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION]
John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

It's not just saying "I believe" it's truly knowing God and Christ and living by God's will through faith. And we only know God once we are born of him and have the Holy Spirit, (which is eternal life) dwelling within our hearts and by his grace, by the power of the Holy Spirit, he will strengthen those who truly love him faithfully and live by his will to overcome.