Obama Pro-Sodomite

rexlunae

According to polling there is a 3:2 margin in favour of gay marriage among independents.

That's kinda surprising. Good (well, at least from my perspective), but surprising.

There was also a growing voice among the gay community that viewed Obama as using them for votes;

True enough, and even pretty reasonable from a certain perspective. That said, he's been one of the most tolerant presidents we've ever had.

this will push their views back in his favour. It could potentially also make gay marriage more of a campaign issue, driving moderate support away from Romney if he comes out strongly against gay issues.

That depends. What does it look like for Romney to come out strongly on an issue? There's a chance he'd go along with gay marriage if it is important enough to independents. And that would certainly be a first.

The long term trend is towards supporting gay issues, Obama has put himself on the upwards side of that trend.

Finally.

Letsargue

[Obama declares support for gay marriage by Rick Klein ABC] "President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

In an interview with ABC News’ Robin Roberts, the president described his thought process as an “evolution” that led him to this place, based on conversations with his own staff members, openly gay and lesbian service members, and conversations with his wife and own daughters..." Full text: Obama declares support for gay marriage :Nineveh:

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

He's just lost like the rest of the lost, no difference!!

Paul -- 050912

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[Obama declares support for gay marriage by Rick Klein ABC] "President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

In an interview with ABC News’ Robin Roberts, the president described his thought process as an “evolution” that led him to this place, based on conversations with his own staff members, openly gay and lesbian service members, and conversations with his wife and own daughters..." Full text: Obama declares support for gay marriage :Nineveh:

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

As I'd shown in my "Videos: Attacked by [Homosexual] Tolerance" thread, B. Hussein Obama has some real intellectual Hollyweird heavyweights backing his stance on allowing sodomites to redefine something that has been the foundation of western civilization for 2,000 years:

"Air Force One will feel a tailwind as it heads from Seattle to Southern California on Thursday, as show biz celebrities heaped praise on President Obama for declaring that he supports the right of same-sex couples to marry.

Obama is headed for a $40,000-a-person fundraiser at the home of Oscar-winning actor George Clooney.

The entertainment industry has helped change attitudes in America with depiction of gay and lesbian characters in TV sitcoms and movies. Here is a sampling of celebrity tweets on Obama’s marriage announcement.

–Alec Baldwin: “Obama gets it right on gay marriage. Bravo.

–Kathy Griffin: “POTUS & VPOTUS: turns out gays and lesbians should have SAME rights as rest of the country. Shouldn’t be “3/5ths” citizens.”

–Alicia Keys: “It’s about time.”

–Ricki Lake: “Love is love. Thank you, Mr. President Barack Obama.”

–Kim Kardashian: “Thank You, President Obama: No more living in the past.”

–Russell Simons: “Thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage.”

–Tyra Banks: Barack Obama — way 2 stand up 4 love for all.”

–Ellen DeGeneres: “Thank you President Obama for your beautiful & brave words. I’m overwhelmed.”

–Jesse Tyler Ferguson: “With Michelle Obama and JustinMiketa permission I would like to marry President Obama right now.”

–Perez Hilton: “Better late than never.”
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...over-marriage/

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Sodom doesn't necessarily mean homosexuality. However homosexuality was the chief sin in the city of Sodom.

And yes I find it very sad that the President of the United States has endorsed same sex marriage. A political ploy to say the least.
It's called Hollywood Donors and George Clooney's $40K-a-plate fundraiser.

DaSoji1

I think people should stop putting words into President Barack Obama's mouth and listen to what he really said.

"It's important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."-President Barack Obama

This does not translate into:

"I support same sex marriage."

It means he supports peoples' God given freedom to do what they want to do. Getting married to someone of the same sex included.

It does not mean he approves of the decision to marry someone of the same sex.

Listen to what he says. He mentions that the word "marriage" for many people has a great religious meaning. But for many more, it is just a word and can describe the joining of anything. Obama said he recognized why the difference in semantics mattered, thanks to his close gay and lesbian friends and colleagues.

God is still absolute and so is His union, between man and woman. President Barack Obama knows the importance of this union, and he stated that in an earlier interview.

As a Christian, I also think same sex couples should be able to get married. It is their God given right to exercise that free choice. But that doesn't mean I support their decision to marry someone of the same sex.

mighty_duck

Obama is way behind Romney on this issue. Mitt already made homo marriage a reality in Mass.
That was governor Romney, who has very little in common with presidential candidate Romney.
I expect PC Romney to make conservative noises on this issue.

PureX

I think people should stop putting words into President Barack Obama's mouth and listen to what he really said.

It means he supports peoples' God given freedom to do what they want to do. Getting married to someone of the same sex included.

It does not mean he approves of the decision to marry someone of the same sex.
The desire to hate on Obama and especially to hate homosexuals far exceeds any capacity for actually caring about what he really meant.

Sorry.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was governor Romney, who has very little in common with presidential candidate Romney.
I expect PC Romney to make conservative noises on this issue.

You might be right. The answer on that one is too close to call. How far will Mr etch-a-sketch stray from the conservative message he was running with in the primary? I expect him to go as far as he can without alienating most of the base. Will he believe he can actually say what he believes? You are probably right that he will not, and most conservatives will, in fact, stick their heads directly back in the sand and hope against hope that his rhetoric is true.

PureX

I didn't think so (Eccl 10:2). :Commie: Thank you. Good night. :grave: Tip your waitresses. :BRAVO:
My actual response was: "No. Not when you want to deliberately insult, slander, and humiliate people."

Do you want to discuss why you can't just disagree with homosexuality without using insulting terms to refer to homosexuals, intended to slander and humiliate them? Do you think it's OK to call African Americans "ni**gers" when you don't agree with them about something? Do you think it's OK to call women "b**ches" whenever you don't agree with them? So why do you think it's OK to call homosexuals "sodomites" just because they don't agree with your religious views about sex? Do you think using insulting terms like these make you appear righteous, or powerful, or better than them?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
My actual response was: "No. Not when you want to deliberately insult, slander, and humiliate people."
The portion of your response "No..." is all that we need (Eccl 10:2). :Commie: We are "haters" to your mind if we disagree with Obama (Ac 5:29). :Nineveh:

Any "good" person will reject a hater. :mario: