Obama Pro-Sodomite

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Obama declares support for gay marriage by Rick Klein ABC] "President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

In an interview with ABC News’ Robin Roberts, the president described his thought process as an “evolution” that led him to this place, based on conversations with his own staff members, openly gay and lesbian service members, and conversations with his wife and own daughters..." Full text: Obama declares support for gay marriage :Nineveh:

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

Last edited:

Mr Jack

Congratulations to Obama, obviously such moral fortitude is to be welcomed.

Now... about that actions speaking louder than words bit... I suspect that Obama has realised that the backing of the gay, and gay-friendly, vote helped him into power last time and he wants to make sure he gets their vote again despite having largely failed to deliver any concrete support throughout his presidency.

mighty_duck

Congratulations to Obama, obviously such moral fortitude is to be welcomed.

Now... about that actions speaking louder than words bit... I suspect that Obama has realised that the backing of the gay, and gay-friendly, vote helped him into power last time and he wants to make sure he gets their vote again despite having largely failed to deliver any concrete support throughout his presidency.
Politically speaking, this was a brave move. The gay and gay-friendly community wasn't very likely to vote republican anyway, and this may alienate some undecided, conservative leaning voters.

So kudos to both his political bravery and on making the right move morally.

Mr Jack

Politically speaking, this was a brave move. The gay and gay-friendly community wasn't very likely to vote republican anyway, and this may alienate some undecided, conservative leaning voters.

Given the overall state of polling on gay marriage in the US, and the importance of (a) getting your vote out and (b) getting contributions in, I rather doubt that there's any sense in which this is politically brave.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I hate that stupid term "sodomy" and calling people "sodomites".
It comes from a complete misinterpretation of the Biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah, two mythical cities of which there is not one shred of historical evidence of actually having existed .
According to the Bible, these two cities were destroyed by God not because there were homosexuals living there, but because the inhabitants were wicked and cruel people .
Yet so many Christians have been taught to believe that God destroyed S& G because of homosexuality . If that were the case, God would have destroyued the entire earth, because homosexuals have been around from the very beginning of mankind , and in every nation on earth .
Okay, religious conservatives, can you tell me how allowing gay people to marry is going to have an adverse effect on you and your families ? How is it going to harm you or cause you difficulties in life ?
How will this interfere with your lives in any way ?
So Obama is for marriage equality. Big deal. So what ?

rexlunae

Given the overall state of polling on gay marriage in the US, and the importance of (a) getting your vote out and (b) getting contributions in, I rather doubt that there's any sense in which this is politically brave.

How do you figure? Gay marriage is currently supported by a very thin majority, such that the 50% potentially lies within the margin of error. Most of the people who support gay marriage were probably going to vote for him anyway, so the middle ground that he has to fight with Romney for is likely tilted against his new position.

Sitamun

Come now Horn, you know there are people who don't let a pesky thing like facts get in the way of their views and opinions...

PureX

I hate that stupid term "sodomy" and calling people "sodomites".
Well, the bigots and haters can't just disagree with someone's lifestyle, they have to insult and belittle and try to hurt them in whatever way they can. So they came up with the term that most exemplifies their own disgust, and then use it against other people. It's no different than a racist using the term n----r to refer to African Americans or a misogynist calling women b--ches. The whole point is to verbally humiliate others to make themselves feel powerful and superior.

Mr Jack

How do you figure? Gay marriage is currently supported by a very thin majority, such that the 50% potentially lies within the margin of error. Most of the people who support gay marriage were probably going to vote for him anyway, so the middle ground that he has to fight with Romney for is likely tilted against his new position.

According to polling there is a 3:2 margin in favour of gay marriage among independents. There was also a growing voice among the gay community that viewed Obama as using them for votes; this will push their views back in his favour. It could potentially also make gay marriage more of a campaign issue, driving moderate support away from Romney if he comes out strongly against gay issues.

The long term trend is towards supporting gay issues, Obama has put himself on the upwards side of that trend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Congratulations! You found three quotes that contain the word Sodom in them. How they show that Sodom means homosexuality is a bit unclear however.

Sodom doesn't necessarily mean homosexuality. However homosexuality was the chief sin in the city of Sodom.

And yes I find it very sad that the President of the United States has endorsed same sex marriage. A political ploy to say the least.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

So kudos to both his political bravery and on making the right move morally.

Well, now he's with the majority, again.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...r-gay-marriage-outweighs-opposition-in-polls/

As you say, the people who oppose gay marriage are much less likely to vote for him. And so he's risking little by doing this, and if he can bait the republicans to attack him for it, he can drive a wedge between the right and independents.

Less brave than clever.

WandererInFog

It's entirely possible that, come November, this will be seen as what cost him the election. Especially if African-American turnout falls off from what it was in 2008.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obama is way behind Romney on this issue. Mitt already made homo marriage a reality in Mass.

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I should stay of this because I don't do politics very well, but I'm going to step out side of

The Box

for a moment...

Spoiler

Sobamanites
That's all :e4e: