Obama airstrikes Syria

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Everybody and their mother say God told them to do something. Who are we to believe?
Who invited you tho this conversation? Oh, that's right, no one. This was a question asked directly to a particular poster who happens to be a professing Christian. As you are quite the opposite of that then the question does not require a response from you. Especially one as stupid as this.

You're as bad as the Christians who think working on the Sabbath is a sin for Christians; you didn't take into account to whom the question was directed, and thus the intent behind it as it was geared toward someone who believes the Old Testament to be completely true. E.g. someone who believes God did make those commands to the Israelites.

So, remove cranium from derriere and kindly buzz off.

Ever heard of a guy named Josef Stalin.
He's the guy who gets mentioned with John Lennon a lot, right?

In what country does the entire citizenry want to destroy America?
Do you not know what a hypothetical is?

So would other nations be justified in wiping out the entire American nation?
Under what scenario?

Lighthouse demonstrates his knowledge of history:
Or maybe just that I didn't realize "genocide" is also in reference to political groups, not just ethnic.

Yes, they were, as a matter of fact.
Still irrelevant to the initial point I was making that led to this conversation.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Like FDR being too STUPID to know that cutting off oil from Japan would result in war

If I remember correctly, it was scrap steel which Japan needed more than oil at the time. And most historians think FDR knew exactly what he was doing by embargoing that steel. (Barbarian checks)

You were right, it was both oil and scrap steel, although it was mostly the Dutch in the East Indies who were embargoing oil. And Roosevelt, having the broken code the Japanese used, was privy to their plans for war.

Roosevelt and his subordinates knew they were putting Japan in an untenable position and that the Japanese government might well try to escape the stranglehold by going to war. Having broken the Japanese diplomatic code, the Americans knew, among many other things, what Foreign Minister Teijiro Toyoda had communicated to Ambassador Kichisaburo Nomura on July 31: “Commercial and economic relations between Japan and third countries, led by England and the United States, are gradually becoming so horribly strained that we cannot endure it much longer. Consequently, our Empire, to save its very life, must take measures to secure the raw materials of the South Seas.”
http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1930

The United States responded to Japan's move into Indochina by abrogating America's commercial treaty with Japan. President Franklin Roosevelt's administration embargoed scrap iron and steel that U.S. companies had been selling to Japan -- nearly seventy percent of Japan's supply of these materials. Roosevelt encouraged the Dutch in Indonesia to stop selling oil to Japan, while allowing U.S. sales of oil to Japan to avoid pushing the Japanese into war with the U.S. and to keep oil as a bargaining lever against the Japanese.
http://www.fsmitha.com/h2/ch22b.html

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

Lighthouse still doesn't get it:
Or maybe just that I didn't realize "genocide" is also in reference to political groups, not just ethnic.

Look up "Crimean Tatars." They no longer exist as a nation, because they were uprooted and scattered, with many sent to death camps. Stalin deliberately caused a famine to kill off many of the Ukranians he considered disloyal. Millions died.

drbrumley

Today's headlines....

US Expands Syria Strikes: Not Just a War on ISIS

US Killed Syria Civilians After Mistaking Grain Silo for 'Jihadist Base'
FM: Syria 'Satisfied' With US on ISIS Airstrikes
Syrian Protesters Slam US Airstrikes for Aiding Assad
Turkish Tanks Sent to Border Near ISIS-Contested Kurdish Town

ISIS Nears Baghdad, Iraqi Army Can't Stop Them

US to Send 2,100 Marines to Kuwait for 'Regional Missions'
At Least 256 Killed Across Iraq as Battles Rage Near Baghdad

Hillary Clinton Admits Role in Honduran Coup

Netanyahu: Iran Worse Than ISIS, ISIS Equal to Hamas

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, most americans do, so what should be done?
Do you have any information to back that up?

Barbarian observes:

Lighthouse still doesn't get it:

Look up "Crimean Tatars." They no longer exist as a nation, because they were uprooted and scattered, with many sent to death camps. Stalin deliberately caused a famine to kill off many of the Ukranians he considered disloyal. Millions died.
Maybe you could just read the part where I said this is irrelevant to the initial point I made. Russia has nothing to do with what I said that sparked someone else to mention them.

drbrumley

Headlines today

US Airstrikes Kill 22 Civilians in Iraqi Market

US Helicopter Strikes Against ISIS Increase Shootdown Risk
Iraq Clears Aussie Troops for ISIS Ground War

Panetta Predicts '30-Year War' Against ISIS

Illinois Man Charged With Wanting to Join ISIS

ISIS on Verge of Victory in Key Kurdish City

Syrian Kurds Say Air Strikes Against ISIS Are Not Working
ISIS Kills 30 Kurdish Fighters in Northeast Syria
Pentagon Yet to Decide on Syrian Rebel Force Central to ISIS Offensive

NATO: We'll Defend Turkey From ISIS Spillover

Turkey Willing to Launch Ground War in Syria If Others Do Too

Christian Liberty

What does "outside the camp" mean at this web page?

If you look far enough into the website you will find it, its on there. I don't actually agree with a number of points of their theology, including their obsession with bashing "tolerant calvinists" and their ultra-high version of Calvinism (I realize they don't call it calvinism, but it would usually be considered Calvinistic... I'm more moderate than they are.) But I totally approve of that one article.