ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

I know there is only ONE JESUS and there is only one Gospel. You divide the body through what Paul said is a lie. There is only one Gospel.

The Twelve preached "the gospel" for 3 years and didn't know the LORD was going to die.
That gospel cannot be 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV).

I don't waste time on those who cannot accept something this simple.

dodge

The Twelve preached "the gospel" for 3 years and didn't know the LORD was going to die.
That gospel cannot be 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV).

I don't waste time on those who cannot accept something this simple.

I am not buying into the lie that there is more than one Gospel. Paul said YOU are wrong.

1Co 1:11
For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1Co 1:12
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

2Co 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

:wave:

SaulToPaul 2

I am not buying into the lie that there is more than one Gospel. Paul said YOU are wrong.

1Co 1:11
For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1Co 1:12
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

:wave:

:wave2:

Take care

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have examined the facts and I agree with Paul there is only one Gospel.
Agreed, only one Gospel. However, do you think that different parts of that Gospel could have been revealed at different times?

dodge

They were totally depressed and beaten for two days. When they heard He had risen, they didn't believe it.

How expectant of the DBR were they?

It is easy to make assumptions on this side of the resurrection isn't it ?

How many dead people have you seen come back to life after being crucified and stabbed with a spear ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The gospel of God explains who Christ is.
The gospel of Christ explains what Christ did.

Different names, different content, different purpose.
And yet it's about the same person doing the same thing, just telling different parts of the story. 2 sides to the same coin.

dodge

Nope same Gospel:

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Would you say, STP, that the gospel of God, that explains Who Christ is, is the Body of Christ's teaching on the Trinity, or just that there is a lot of overlap between the gospel of God and the teaching on the Trinity, but they are not identical?

For instance, perhaps, there is little about Him being the Messiah and what that means, in the Church's teaching on the Trinity.

SaulToPaul 2

Would you say, STP, that the gospel of God, that explains Who Christ is, is the Body of Christ's teaching on the Trinity, or just that there is a lot of overlap between the gospel of God and the teaching on the Trinity, but they are not identical?

No, I just think it is God saying, "hey I raised him from the dead, this proves that he is my Son"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yet, it is two different good news messages. There is no need to mix them, when God separated them.
No, it's the same good news, but addressed to two different groups of people. One part is addressed to the Nation of Israel, teaching them about their Messiah, the second is for the rest of the world, teaching them about their Savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.