NFL 2017

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
...After inviting a veteran group to place an ad during the Super Bowl, the @NFL rejected their ad because it urged people to stand for our National Anthem. The NFL is a disgrace. We must stand for those who serve to protect us and keep our nation safe....
You've got 32 people who own the NFL teams, and they have a commissioner who's entrusted and empowered and responsible to handle things like this. They're all human, with human limitations, but none of this detracts from the quality of play on the field.

Interplanner

sorry, no, it's cowardice and it's not that hard to find out the agenda of transformational Marxism.

Here is the microcosm of America today: the writer of the doc on Dr. _____, the abortion butcher in Philadelphia, took the court transcript of Fergeson and merely dramatized it. In LA, the shows were canceled because most of the actors refused to believe what happened. They refused to believe court docs!!! Excuse me, but is this 1795 France??? In NYC, they found actors but the one and only show was disrupted, as I recall.

That is exactly how misguided the NFL is and you are enabling them if you join it. They think they are protesting WIDESPREAD racism and cop brutality. Just like this week's women are protesting WIDESPREAD oppression of women in 2018 USA. Madness. Will you also wear a vagina hat?

It's the TMFL and we need to start a AFL. They are only dividing the 'unum.'

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
sorry, no, it's cowardice and it's not that hard to find out the agenda of transformational Marxism.

Here is the microcosm of America today: the writer of the doc on Dr. _____, the abortion butcher in Philadelphia, took the court transcript of Fergeson and merely dramatized it. In LA, the shows were canceled because most of the actors refused to believe what happened. They refused to believe court docs!!! Excuse me, but is this 1795 France??? In NYC, they found actors but the one and only show was disrupted, as I recall.

That is exactly how misguided the NFL is and you are enabling them if you join it. They think they are protesting WIDESPREAD racism and cop brutality. Just like this week's women are protesting WIDESPREAD oppression of women in 2018 USA. Madness. Will you also wear a vagina hat?

It's the TMFL and we need to start a AFL. They are only dividing the 'unum.'
OK, you go first then. Me, I'm going to watch the best football that's ever been played by humans in all history for the next say 30-40 years, while you work on a new professional football league. You've got to compete against the NFL, and apparently also against Vince McMahon's resuscitated XFL for prospects and coaches and fans, but good luck.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I predict NE loses 38-7, like Minnesota did. Philly looked dominant. They torched the best defense in the NFL this year, and Foles is putting up yards, points, and a lack of picks, like they're all going out of style.

NE barely squeaked out a victory against Jacksonville, at home. This team scored 10 points against Buffalo, and allowed 42 points against Pittsburgh, coming into today.

'Pats are going to get smoked. This is the bookend season to 1985. 10 SBs, 5 wins. Pummeled on the way in, and on the way out. Not half-bad, but it's over, in two weeks.
Now, I'm to a coinflip in the game, so I guess "I take the points," right Jerry? :D If the Pats do pull out a win by 4 points or less, then I would win a bet, if I'm understanding correctly. I could have my team win and win money, again if I'm understanding this thing right.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 26138

In the above photo, we see five Pittsburgh Steelers on offense for the AFC during the Pro Bowl. Antonio Brown was #6, but not in the game on that play.

However, there was not one Pittsburgh Steeler on the defense for the AFC team.....and that's why the Steelers will be watching the Super Bowl on TV, instead of being there.

You just can't give up 45 points at home in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

OK Sports Fans!

New England Patriots -4.5
Philadelphia Eagles

I sold my house and my business and I'm putting it all on the Eagles and taking the points!

For some reason my wife is mad at me.

Jerry Shugart

Now, I'm to a coinflip in the game, so I guess "I take the points," right Jerry? :D If the Pats do pull out a win by 4 points or less, then I would win a bet, if I'm understanding correctly.

No, by three points or less. If its four points it is a push.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, by three points or less. If its four points it is a push.
Oh. I thought the fictional half-point was to avoid ties, but it sounds now like it's to make two ties possible, when the favorite wins by either the line/spread less one fictional half-point, or the spread/line plus one fictional half-point. Pats to cover.

Jerry Shugart

Oh. I thought the fictional half-point was to avoid ties, but it sounds now like it's to make two ties possible, when the favorite wins by either the line/spread less one fictional half-point, or the spread/line plus one fictional half-point. Pats to cover.

You are absolutely right, Nihilo. For some reason I was thinking that the line was just four points and not four and a half!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Peculiar game. They've already killed my score. I had it a one point ballgame with the Pats prevailing. If Philly keeps playing like this though they may win the game outright. Who knows? Time for halftime.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Really entertaining game. And if not for a great swipe of an Eagle paw it would have ended right on my margin. Not surprised, but pleased by the outcome. Las Vegas had it wrong from the start. Now to see who the MVP will be. :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I bet Eagles to win, gave 3 points, six points and seven points. To say the least, I am surprised, thinking Patriots would gain in second half and it would be a close game. That fumble make my bets all good. Hard to imagine.:wave:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After 52 Super Bowls, there are three teams with 5 Lombardi Trophies (Cowboys, 49'ers, and Patriots), but there is still just one team with 6 Lombardi Trophies, and that's THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!!

Congrats to my cross-state Eagle's fans. Any team that beats the Patriots in the Super Bowl, is a friend of mine, and it's good to see a Lombardi Trophy back in Pennsylvania.

FLY EAGLES FLY !!!!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Patriots were looking to tie the Steelers for most Super Bowl wins at 6.

Instead, the Patriots tied the Broncos for most Super Bowl looses at 5.

LOL

Last edited:

The Berean

Most NFL titles (min. 5 titles)

13 Green Bay Packers
9 Chicago bears
8 New York Giants
8 Cleveland Browns*
6 Pittsburgh Steelers
5 San Francisco 49ers
5 Dallas Cowboys
5 New England Patrits