NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If it makes you feel any better, Aaron Rogers is 0-3 at Lambeau when the game time temperature is single digits.

normally it is cold at lambeau during the playoffs
and
during the playoffs the teams coming to lambeau are better than average
so
the temperature may not have anything to do with it

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
normally it is cold at lambeau during the playoffs
and
during the playoffs the teams coming to lambeau are better than average
so
the temperature may not have anything to do with it

Since the Ice Bowl in 1967, the Packers are 4-5 at Lambeau when the game time temperatures are single digit or colder.

Brett Favre was 3-1 in those games. Therefore, without Favre the Packers are 1-4 at Lambeau when single digit or colder at game time.

So, the cold isn't an advantage for the Packers at Lambeau like everyone thinks it is. In fact, the Packers have lost their last two playoff games when it was really cold. They lost last year to the 49'ers when the temperature was 5 degrees, and they lost to the Giants in 2007 when the temperature was -1 degrees.

Granite

Hall of Fame
He is 12-2 before being caught cheating, and 6-6 after. He is a total fraud. Brady was much better later than earlier, when winning.

Excluding the seasons since the story was written. This was the first hit on google. I knew before looking it would be bad. Stellar to mediocre in a heart beat.

Except that overlooks his consistent success in the regular season. Sorry, you don't just keep on winning 12 or 13 games a year by being a "fraud."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Brett Favre was 3-1 in those games. Therefore, without Favre the Packers are 1-4 at Lambeau when single digit or colder at game time.

he won the super bowl and a few conference championships

he had a good team to play with
and
it had nothing to do with temperature

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, you don't just keep on winning 12 or 13 games a year by being a "fraud."

No, but it helps when you get to play the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins 6 times every year :chuckle:

Tom Brady's record against the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins:

Bills = 23-2
Jets = 20-6
Dolphins = 18-8

Total = 61-16

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Undefeated QB's for playoff games when the temperature is 32 degrees or colder at kickoff (since 1960):

Tom Brady 7-0
Terry Bradshaw 5-0
Bart Starr 5-0
John Elway 3-0

Granite

Hall of Fame
Undefeated QB's for playoff games when the temperature is 32 degrees or colder at kickoff (since 1960):

Tom Brady 7-0
Terry Bradshaw 5-0
Bart Starr 5-0
John Elway 3-0

Should be in the mid to low twenties by kickoff time in Foxborough.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Peyton Manning's playoff record when game time temperatures are 35 degrees or colder:

0-4
Brady and Rodgers are the best at cold weather play, with Tom's numbers skewing slightly better than his warm weather averages, strangely enough.

Peyton's record is less worrisome than his numbers in the frosty stuff. His completion percentage is actually higher than either of those two, but his int rate nearly doubles from his average while his YPA drops by about a full yard. When he has to carry the offensive load in bitter cold weather he's demonstrated a propensity for making bad decisions. And that's why the Broncos have turned into a running team late in the season. Move Peyton to an equal or lesser role in that weather and his numbers improve. Get to a warm weather, or at least over 40 degree climate and he'll kill you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Should be in the mid to low twenties by kickoff time in Foxborough.

Hopefully for you, Brady's postseason cold weahter record will prevail, because Belichick is 1-2 against the Ravens in the postseason.

Should be a good game.

BTW, I will be at the same sports bar in Cambridge, MA this Saturday watching the game as I was watching last years AFC Championship Game.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Huh?

Rogers is 0-3 in games with single digit temperatures at kickoff or colder.
How is he on Thursdays wearing black socks? :plain: Who said anything about single digit weather? How many games does anyone have to make a meaningful statistical analysis of that sort of narrowing? :nono:

But when you look sub 40 and over 40, where you have a wide enough sampling with more than a few looking at double digit game totals , that can speak to something...and that's what I'm talking about.

Also, no matter how much you want it to be meaningful, wins and losses don't really tell you how well a qb played. That's a team stat. So a running back can average three yards a carry in a given game and the team still win. A qb can stink up a game and the defense and running game or special teams make up the difference.

Here's a look at a few qbs paying at sub 40:

Comp%/YPA/TD ratio/Int ratio

Brady: 63.6/7.4/5.82/1.73

Rodgers: 63.1/8.0/6.64/1.9

Manning: 64.7/6.8/4.91/4.06

Ben R: 60.8/7.8/4.78/2.62

Flacco: 56.4/6.9/5.75/2.79

Romo: 60.8/6.4/5.00/3.75

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hopefully for you, Brady's postseason cold weahter record will prevail, because Belichick is 1-2 against the Ravens in the postseason.

Should be a good game.

BTW, I will be at the same sports bar in Cambridge, MA this Saturday watching the game as I was watching last years AFC Championship Game.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh brother. Another rollercoaster ride right in Mass.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh brother. Another rollercoaster ride right in Mass.

I wouldn't worry too much Granite. The last time the Ravens beat the Patriots in the playoffs the Ravens had Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ray Rice & Anquan Boldin.

None of those guys are on the Ravens anymore.

The Ravens secondary is very young, and their running game is nowhere near what it used to be with Rice, especially on third downs.

If the Patriots offensive line can give Brady some time, he should be able to pick the Raven's secondary apart.

BTW, LeGarrette Blount sure would have came in handy last week for the Steelers when Bell couldn't play. :madmad:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who said anything about single digit weather?

Lambeau Field is known as "The Frozen Tundra"

This is the first time Dallas has played at Green Bay in the postseason since "The Ice Bowl" in 1967.

It's currently 0 degrees in Green Bay right now.

The temperature at kickoff is predicted to be around 12-15 degrees with a wind chill factor around -9 degrees.

It's looking like it won't be single digits, but it's going to be cold, and the weather should have an effect on the game.

I'm just no so sure the weather will help Green Bay like everyone thinks it will based on Green Bay's history of playing in cold games at Lambeau since the "Ice Bowl".

Here's a look at a few qbs paying at sub 40:

I think you live in Alabama, so I don't know if you've ever experienced really cold weather. It was -1 when I left my house this morning here in Pittsburgh. There's a big difference between -1 and 40 degrees.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Except that overlooks his consistent success in the regular season. Sorry, you don't just keep on winning 12 or 13 games a year by being a "fraud."

No, you do it by having Tom Brady run the offense. He is to me, as Jeter is to you. As much as he annoys me, he is an all time great.

Status
Not open for further replies.