NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They draft terrible.

That's an understatement.

Since they returned in 1999, they have had ten Top-10 picks in the first round of the draft.

Tim Couch (1)
Courtney Brown (1)
Gerard Warren (3)
Kellen Winslow II (6)
Braylon Edwards (3)
Joe Thomas (3)
Joe Haden (7)
Trent Richardson (3)
Barkevious Mingo (6)
Justin Gilbert (8)

Of the ten, with the exception of Joe Thomas, Winslow and Edwards each made the Pro-Bowl once, and Haden made it twice

That means nine out of ten of their Top-10 picks made the Pro-Bowl 4 times.

To put it into perspective, the Steelers have had zero Top-10 picks in the first round this century, and only 6 since the merger in 1970.

Arsenios

This is easily one of the most bizarre posts I've ever had directed my way. You might as well be from a different planet for any of the sense this makes.

Your avatar explains the accusations...

I, on the other hand, see you as a very honest guy...

For instance...

You did not deny ANY of the accusations!

:comeout:

:)

Arsenios

Arsenios

Absolutely nothing. It does, however, speak to arrogance and a lack of control which I blame on the coaches.

And that brawl at the end? Classless. I don't remember us throwing a tantrum when the Giants had our number.

Exactly so...

Great post!

A.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Your avatar explains the accusations...

I, on the other hand, see you as a very honest guy...

For instance...

You did not deny ANY of the accusations!

:comeout:

:)

Arsenios

Any more than I'd "engage" with someone who was accusing me of poisoning their pet talking aardvarks with unicorn tears. Sooner or later you gotta know when to draw the line.

Arsenios

Any more than I'd "engage" with someone who was accusing me of poisoning their pet talking aardvarks with unicorn tears. Sooner or later you gotta know when to draw the line.

C'mon! I WAS JES' TWEEKING ya a tad...

Did ya miss the throne flush?

Your team won...

You can afford to be gracious...

Concern in Seattle is Carrol's recovery from this loss...
He is re-thinking his bright- or up- side thinking...
Getting back on track is going to be an issue...
Lest this team die from the blow last week...

But it sounds like the guy intercepting the losing pass had dreamed the play the night before??? If that is the case, your QB needs to re-think his Godlessness regarding football...

Seattle needs to clean up its act...

New England needs to keep going...

Arsenios

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think we can wrap up this season and move on to 2015 starting with the draft.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't think there's much of an argument. He just passed Joe in tds and it only took him 50% more games to do it. :rolleyes: He won the first three by fgs and his post season numbers at position aren't as good as Peyton. And Peyton isn't the greatest to play the game either. Both played in a much easier era at the position even before you get to the breakdown on those numbers.

A great qb and a great coach on solid teams. But you'll never convince me that Montana would have taken the greatest scoring offense in NFL history into a Super Bowl against what no one is calling one of the greatest defenses in NFL history and have been held to seven points going into the fourth quarter.

Going into tonight's game

Brady: 5 games, 9tds, 2 ints 93.8 rating.

Montana: 4 games, 11 tds, 0 ints, 127.8 rating

Sure. There's regular season play and overall playoff play and a consideration of both teammates and the opposition. I think once you get into the top tier of qbs you can make all sorts of arguments and there's no ultimate metric, but I still say if you want a sure winner in the most pressure packed environment it's hard to argue against Joe.

Yes, if you aren't going to give it to Brady then it would probably be Montana. His near perfect performances and perfect 4-0 record in Super Bowls make it hard to go against him. I have no perspective on him though because I didn't really see him play. But I won't argue if you give it to him. I might argue if you try to give it to anyone else though.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I wonder if kmoney saw michele tafoya interviewing kraft after the game
she asked him twice about ballgate
and
he basically ignored her question

do you think he would have treated a male reporter like that?
this is something kmoney should look into
I am not sure if she was wearing a dress

Kraft isn't the one that needs to worry about perception of women. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The play call that shocked and dismayed the nation!

I mean, if a pass is in order because of the alignment for the run, then at LEAST do a play-action, because EVERYONE knew that Marshan was going to run it in... SO USE THAT to make the pass work... Or option with pass out of bounds if nobody is open...

But right in the middle???

Yep, a pass could make sense, but not THAT pass.

And someone pointed out something that I hadn't thought about before. Even if the WR had caught the ball it wouldn't have been a TD because Butler also knocked him back a couple yards.

Daniel1611

It's been a few days.... But still can't believe Seattle passed on 2nd down at the one yard line. I will never believe that actually happened.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
5 Sports Notes

1. With around seven hundred thousand responses all but the New England states choose Seahawks lose Super Bowl over Pats win Super Bowl. It's a 60/40 split, to be fair overall, but maybe that's why an AFC win left me flat this time around. I don't ever recall that feeling in a SB before. Dejection, sure. Elation, now and then.
I'd vote for 'Seahawks lose' because of how the last seconds went. They were on the doorstep and blew it. It's close though.

2. Now when the question is: Would Marshawn Lynch have scored the go-ahead TD if given three chances from the 1-yard line 92% of the country, including the New England states, admit the first poll question was answered like a homer by 32% of those on the Pats bandwagon and that Lynch would likely have scored, giving us a different (if to my mind less desirable) outcome.
With 3 chances I'd be shocked if he didn't.

3. With 73k votes, 44% say Brady best ever. Or 66% say someone else. To me he's demonstrably second in big games and in my top five overall at the position.
1 or 2.

4. More place Bill as the best coach ever than the field (if by a 37/63 margin). I suppose they never heard of Gibbs, who won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks, none of whom are in the Hall of Fame. Walsh probably died before half the people responding were born. :mmph:
I think this one's tougher than the QB question. I don't know who I'd pick.

5. When asked which of the two teams is more likely to return to the Super Bowl, 53% said Seattle, 47% New England.
I want to say Seattle but because a team making it to 3 straight SB's is a rare feat I'll say NE.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'd vote for 'Seahawks lose' because of how the last seconds went. They were on the doorstep and blew it. It's close though.
Now if Seattle went at it with Lynch and the Pats pulled an old Bama goal line stand I'd have had a completely different reaction to the game.

A great player who has for the moment put himself at the top of his generation in terms of playoff wins/effectiveness. He's had better SBs that his closest rival. That said, no one playing now is in Joe's league though and the numbers are pretty clear on the point.

I think this one's tougher than the QB question. I don't know who I'd pick.
I like it: Walsh, Gibbs and Bill. Walsh was the smartest of the lot, but Gibbs doing it with different team compositions and a lack of greatness under center is a little more impressive to me. Bill is the best coaching now, but he's had Brady for all of his winning career and that moves him slightly behind my second choice. Not bad company any way you slice it.

I want to say Seattle but because a team making it to 3 straight SB's is a rare feat I'll say NE.
SB losers almost never make it back. Teams suffering that sort of catastrophic failure don't tend to make it back and there will be off season issues about contracts, so we don't know for sure it won't be yet another couple of important losses for Seattle. On top of that, with any stability at QB it appears the Cardinals are lining up to seriously challenge and GB is in position to add a piece or two and they should have beaten the Seahawks this time...so an uphill battle to my mind.

Kraft isn't the one that needs to worry about perception of women. :eek:
If chrys owned the Pats he'd have told her to go put a dress on. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very sad, really, considering how dogged and loyal their fans are. You figure that sooner or later every team gets their day in the sun, and then you look at these guys.

And it gets even worse for the Browns:

"A suspension for general manager Ray Farmer, a loss of a draft pick and a fine for the team are among the possible sanctions the Cleveland Browns are facing in the NFL's investigation into allegations that texts were being sent to the sidelines during games,"

Status
Not open for further replies.