NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm gonna bask and gloat in this win for the rest of my natural life.:devil:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When you're done basking and gloating, who do you think the Patriot's opponent will be for the Thursday Night season opener?

Here are the choices (their 2015 home opponents):

Buffalo, NY Jets, Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Washington.

Here are my guesses in order:

1) Buffalo (because of Sexy Rexy)
2) Pittsburgh
3) Philadelphia

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was an incredible play by Butler. One of the best plays I have ever seen.

But... he (and the rest of the Patriots) had nothing to lose at that point. Run, or pass, they had to go all out and try to make something happen.

It's incredible that he was able to not only break up that pass but intercept it and do all of that without making illegal contact. It seriously was one of the best plays in sports history. It was also the worst play call in sports history.

Worst. Call. Ever.

Best. Play. Ever.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When you're done basking and gloating, who do you think the Patriot's opponent will be for the Thursday Night season opener?

Here are my guesses in order:

1) Buffalo (because of Sexy Rexy)
2) Pittsburgh
3) Philadelphia

Here are the choices (their 2015 home opponents)

Buffalo, NY Jets, Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Washington.

Buffalo, probably. The NFL loves themselves some drama.

Rex can't help himself. Coulda had a nice cushy gig in Atlanta, but no. He wants to bring down Belichick and Brady. The guy's officially turned into Ahab.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hate to rub it in (not) but who's the AFC got to slow my guys down?

:noid:

You better get used to that parade route...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:noid:

You better get used to that parade route...
That's probably what you were thinking in 2004.

It never seems to turn out the way you might think. My advice is... enjoy this one as long as you can. :)

Arsenios

Worst. Call. Ever.

Best. Play. Ever.

Well, nobody was more surprised at winning than the Patriots... They were looking terrible on the sidelines, and then BANG, INTERCEPTION, GAME OVER...

I mean, NOBODY could believe it...

Simple fact is that both teams played well enough to win...

And it was a terrible play call...

And a great interception...

Congratulations to the Patriots...

And it DID show the Seattle team for the bunch of thugs, taunters, and intimidaters they are, and poor sports when beaten... They could not take the whuppin' they were given in that one sudden play, and their ugliness took over their play...

I mean, it IS being competitive...
They need to learn some self-restraint...

Seattle's D failed to stop the Pats in the second half...
And their offense was shut down the 4th quarter...

And their antics on the field, of "self expression" need to be curbed in a lot... "Pooping the ball" is just wrong... So are crotch grabs... A time-out is in order if fines don't work...

The play call that shocked and dismayed the nation!

I mean, if a pass is in order because of the alignment for the run, then at LEAST do a play-action, because EVERYONE knew that Marshan was going to run it in... SO USE THAT to make the pass work... Or option with pass out of bounds if nobody is open...

But right in the middle???

Seattle needed to be humbled...

And they were...

It happened on the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee in the Orthodox Church Calendar... Seattle benefited most from the game... The proud trash-talk-act was not justified by the game's result... New England was the Publican, and the sense of a Divine Hand in the Game, despite their QB's quip that he did not think God cares all that much about pro football, seems very apparent to me...

Seattle needed the humiliation far more than they needed the win...

And they got it...

Arsenios

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Tom Brady, that's who.

Brady will be 38 before the 2015 season begins.

At best, Brady has one to three years left.

Brady was 13 for 15 in the 4th Qtr, for 124 yards and 2 TD's. That's why he was MVP, and solidified himself as either the greatest ever, or second greatest ever (next to Montana) depending on one's subjective opinion.

However, he's not getting any younger, and as we saw with Peyton Manning, there's a big drop off once a QB reaches 38.

So, Brady might get that 5th ring, but he only has 1-3 years left to do it, and when Brady is gone, unless the Patriots have a Steve Young in the waiting, their run in all likelihood will come to an end.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Comparing the Steelers of the '70's with the current Patriots.

The Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, the Patriots won 4 in 14 years, but the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years (only Dallas has equaled that).

Only 8 teams have won back-to-back Super Bowls, but the Steelers of the 70's did it twice.

So, here's my opinion:

The Steelers of the 70's were the NFL's greatest team of all time, but the Patriots of the early 21st Century have been the NFL's most consistent winning team of all time.

If you disagree, we can end the debate with an undeniable fact; both franchises have been to the Super Bowl 8 times, but the Steelers have 6 rings, while the Patriots only have 4.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Brady was 13 for 15 in the 4th Qtr, for 124 yards and 2 TD's. That's why he was MVP, and solidified himself as either the greatest ever, or second greatest ever (next to Montana) depending on one's subjective opinion.
You're not the only one I've heard/read say/write that today and it amazes me, given numbers that aren't subjective at all rather clearly establish the distinction, from qbr to Montana's undefeated four.

Bradshaw is the only one in position to challenge and he isn't up to it.

However, he's not getting any younger, and as we saw with Peyton Manning, there's a big drop off once a QB reaches 38.
I don't get why you'd say that either. Peyton didn't drop off. He was injured. Prior to that he was ahead of his career averages or on them and was the third highest rated qb in the NFL.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's a goddess, we won, and the rest of the world can seethe. Don't care.

I'm gonna bask and gloat in this win for the rest of my natural life.:devil:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

P.S. This is why the rest of the world hates New England fans.:noid:

Granite, you're still the same ol' evil person you always were. You have no business lusting after another man's wife and you should have shame in your heart for doing so. But instead, your heart is a rock hard stone, and I just pray, for your sake, that one of these days you will see the light of day...just sayin'.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was an incredible play by Butler. One of the best plays I have ever seen.

But... he (and the rest of the Patriots) had nothing to lose at that point. Run, or pass, they had to go all out and try to make something happen.

It's incredible that he was able to not only break up that pass but intercept it and do all of that without making illegal contact. It seriously was one of the best plays in sports history. It was also the worst play call in sports history.

The Foote Family agrees whole heartedly. Just plain wrong. :down:

The Berean

Comparing the Steelers of the '70's with the current Patriots.

The Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, the Patriots won 4 in 14 years, but the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years (only Dallas has equaled that).

Only 8 teams have won back-to-back Super Bowls, but the Steelers of the 70's did it twice.

So, here's my opinion:

The Steelers of the 70's were the NFL's greatest team of all time, but the Patriots of the early 21st Century have been the NFL's most consistent winning team of all time.

If you disagree, we can end the debate with an undeniable fact; both franchises have been to the Super Bowl 8 times, but the Steelers have 6 rings, while the Patriots only have 4.

You're forgetting the Green Bay Packers who won 5 NFL titles in seven seasons. (1961-67). In 1960 they lost the NFL title game 17-13. The Packers were 5 points away from 6 titles in 8 seasons. Also, the Packers have 13 NFL titles overall, three more titles than the Steelers and Patriots combined.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brady isn't going to ever be a backup.

I'm no Patriots fan but you can't argue with Brady's success. He's one of the best QB's of all-time and he will be a starter until he decides to retire.

I realize that he's one of the best QB's of all-time but I can't help but to despise him for the kind of man he really is along with his way too provocative wife, Gisselle Bunchcheon... (however you spell her stupid name.) :down:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're not the only one I've heard/read say/write that today and it amazes me, given numbers that aren't subjective at all rather clearly establish the distinction, from qbr to Montana's undefeated four.

Bradshaw is the only one in position to challenge and he isn't up to it.

I don't get why you'd say that either. Peyton didn't drop off. He was injured. Prior to that he was ahead of his career averages or on them and was the third highest rated qb in the NFL.

Peyton's going to be around for a long time...I don't care how old he is.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I realize that he's one of the best QB's of all-time but I can't help but to despise him for the kind of man he really is along with his way too provocative wife, Gisselle Bunchcheon... (however you spell her stupid name.) :down:

i know brady is intelligent, but i thought i heard some time ago, he said, he didn't believe God exists, or something like that ? he reminds me of a dumb jock or a grown up Beiber :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Peyton's going to be around for a long time...I don't care how old he is.
Up to him. He was playing at a world class level until he lost his legs to injury. I hope he comes back, but he has a ring and a host of records that attest to his individual greatness at the position. He's a Marino plus ring sort of approach. Now if he returned and beat his old rival, captured an Elway like finale...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Brady isn't going to ever be a backup.

you may be right
but
you may not understand that brady is a team player
and
that is why half the teams in the nfl have quarterbacks making more money
and
most of them have yet to get to the super bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.