New Low From Trump

DavidK

You seem to be a respecter of persons.

I'm very curious as to what you think that means.

The phrase comes from Acts 10, in which Peter learns that an angel of the Lord has talked with Cornelius, a Roman centurion. It was part of his education that God intended to save the Gentiles as well as the Jews. The word means, literally, "accepter of face", or one who judges based on the outward appearance. In the strictest sense of passage, it means God does not judge people based on their race or nationality.

I haven't given you any reason to believe I'm against Trump because of his race, ethnicity, and we'll just throw in gender as well, since that would be another poor reason to judge.

Are you trying to say that judging a person by their words and actions is being a "respecter of persons"?

You think God is against balancing the budget? :nono:

Of course not. He instructs us not to be in debt. I have no confidence, however, that Trump is more likely than any of the other candidates to balance the budget. He throws out tax cuts as well as projects that require spending seemingly as they occur to him in the heat of the moment. There's no indication that he has thought through how any of his ideas balance out financially.

Or that He thinks our voting for the candidate that is most likely to get it done is horrific?

At the expense of voting in Trump, yes. Our God repeatedly demonstrates that He does not care for His people being practical at the cost of giving up righteousness.

DavidK

The 1st World is no longer Christian. It is not going to go back to it, and it has no interest in it. Abortion is legal, gay marriage is legal, Christians are losing their businesses and being threatened by their freedom of expression..
anyone who still thinks there is hope for this country is laboring under a delusion- we're back to pre-Christian Rome.

I don't think there's hope for this country, which is why I don't think it is worthwhile to vote for a reprehensible man in hopes that he might appoint a conservative justice or balance the budget.

I do have hope for the Church in this country. That as we are more and more obviously living in Babylon, we will once again recognize ourselves as strangers in a strange land, citizens of another Kingdom with hope to share and a King who is returning soon.

Therefore, the last thing a person should be concerned about with the Presidency is where they stand on 'Christian values'. It's irrelevant.

I'm not concerned that Trump be a Christian. I am concerned that he revels in depravity and is completely unfit to lead anything, much less this huge country.

Trump says he's going to take care of this Islamic problem and fix the immigration crisis, then that works for me.

It's beyond me why you think he is capable of doing either. He talks a lot, but do you think he's actually going to be able to shut all Muslims out of the US? Build a wall across the southern border, and get Mexico to pay for it? And are those really the biggest issues we face?

Give political correctness a run for it's money? Even better. I'm not going to settle for people calling him things he is not because they are hypnotized by the stupid bias of this rather stupid society :rolleyes:

A complete lack of self control when it comes to your tongue is a very different thing from the ability to boldly speak truth in love. The former is no better than political correctness, the latter is way beyond Trump in both speaking truth and speaking in love.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Thanks for a thorough and thoughtful reply.

Unfortunately, all the candidates seem equally poised to drive us into economic devastation, outright war, and totalitarianism, though of significantly different flavors. That's why I can't vote for any of them.
I cannot fathom how you could possibly come to such a conclusion. There is a real difference between Trump and Clinton. Perhaps not the differences you would like but real differences nonetheless. Put very simply Trump wants to shrink the government (part of it anyway), lower taxes (which in their current form is nothing less than outright theft), reduce regulations (which is just another form of theft) and in general increase people's freedom to live their lives to whatever limited degree is possible in our current political situation. Hillary wants to the exact opposite.

I don't know Bob Enyart at all,...
You should sign up for Bob's podcast. It really is excellent. The latest one is good for giving you a good taste of how he thinks.

...but do believe we've come to the point where the Kingdom of God will be advanced more by plunging off that cliff than clinging to it for a few more years.
It'll be your children that'll have to deal with that cliff fall. And I have a hard time accepting that you actually do believe this. There is no evidence that this is so. Under which totalitarian system (or any other system for that matter) has the Kingdom of God been further advanced that it has under the freedoms of the United States and the influence all over the world those freedoms have afforded the American people to have? Which nation has been more charitable than this? Which nation has produced more preachers, evangelists and missionaries than this? Which nation has produced more real wealth, food and technology that has saved, prolonged and improved more lives in every corner of the globe than the United States of America? None! Not in the whole history of mankind has there been a nation that has had such a positive impact on the whole of the world's population than this one. Indeed, the globe could not support the world's population if not for the food this country produces and all but gives away to nations that would otherwise starve themselves out of existence. This nation is truly exceptional and I will not stand idly by while people like Hillary Clinton try to turn it into the moral equivalent of Hitler's Germany. Even if Trump ends up having a similar effect, at least he'll not have done it on purpose, at least it'll have happened in spite of an effort to prevent it.

Having said that, I do understand your position and I don't disagree with you entirely. I just think it's smarter to slam on the brakes when headed for disaster. And perhaps we are both attempting to do so but are doing it in different ways.

Resting in Him,
Clete

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by DavidK

Unfortunately, all the candidates seem equally poised to drive us into economic devastation, outright war, and totalitarianism, though of significantly different flavors. That's why I can't vote for any of them.

I cannot fathom how you could possibly come to such a conclusion. There is a real difference between Trump and Clinton. Perhaps not the differences you would like but real differences nonetheless. Put very simply Trump wants to shrink the government (part of it anyway), lower taxes (which in their current form is nothing less than outright theft), reduce regulations (which is just another form of theft) and in general increase people's freedom to live their lives to whatever limited degree is possible in our current political situation. Hillary wants to the exact opposite.

Wow Clete, I didn't think that you were this uninformed.

Like Clinton, Trump's social policies are pro LGBTQ/pro abortion. While he might claim (in front of a group of Evangelical Christians) to be pro traditional family values/pro life, his actions and recent words show differently.

Economically Trump is the same. He's for a different form of Obamacare, but will still have the government running our healthcare system. Tax breaks for childcare, elderly care, etc. etc. etc., shows that Donald Trump doesn't want the government out of people's lives like you suggest.

Other supposed "conservative" stances that Donald Trump has taken: Immigration.

Like so many other issues, Donald Trump flip flops frequently on this issue. No one knows what his stance is on immigration from day to day.

DavidK

I cannot fathom how you could possibly come to such a conclusion. There is a real difference between Trump and Clinton.

I agree completely, though I think it's different flavors of horror.

Perhaps not the differences you would like but real differences nonetheless. Put very simply Trump wants to shrink the government (part of it anyway),

It appears, at times, he does want this. At other times, he seems to want to throw government solutions at problems. I don't see a consistency that makes me believe he actually wants to do this. When presented with a problem his solutions seem to be knee-jerk, without guiding principle. More police. Walls across borders. Increase immigration crackdown. Expand mental health programs. Destroy Isis. Increase internet surveillance. Water infrastructure spending. Preserve medicare and social security. There's plenty of government growth in his choices.

lower taxes (which in their current form is nothing less than ouright theft),

You think he has a viable plan to go to 12/25/33 and 15 corporate while balancing the budget and still paying for all the things mentioned above?

reduce regulations (which is just another form of theft)

Or protecting people from the excesses of profit-focused corporations. Some regulations are onerous, some are needed. Has he laid out a plan for where to draw the line?

and in general increase people's freedom to live their lives to whatever limited degree is possible in our current political situation. Hillary wants to the exact opposite.

The man has serious totalitarian tendencies. He clearly dreams of exacting vengeance on his enemies through the power of he presidency. He wants to limit free speech, at least any against him. I don't see the freedom-loving man you do.

It'll be your children that'll have to deal with that cliff fall. And I have a hard time accepting that you actually do believe this. There is no evidence that this is so.

True. If the live in a harder world, with a more vibrant Church, that's a good trade-off.

Under which totalitarian system (or any other system for that matter) has the Kingdom of God been further advanced that it has under the freedoms of the United States and the influence all over the world those freedoms have afforded the American people to have?

I suppose it depends on how you mark the advancement of the Kingdom of God. The Church seems to grow and get real in times and places of persecution. In places where it becomes legitimized, Rome, Europe, the United States, it gets integrated with the culture and government of the country. Sure, it has a lot of numbers who claim to be a part, but how many do so out of tradition rather than real repentance and connection to the almighty God?

Which nation has been more charitable that this? Which nation has produced more preachers, evalegists and missionaries than this? Which nation has produced more real wealth, food and technology that has saved, prolonged and improved more lives in every corner of the globe than the United States of America? None! Not in the whole history of mankind has there been a nation that has had such a possitive impact on the whole of the world's population than this one.

And yet, it has also exported its worship of mammon and lewdness to the world. Yes, it has done great good, but far short of the glory of God and His kingdom.

This nation is truly exceptional and I will not stand idly by while people like Hillary Clinton try to turn it into the moral equivalent to Hitler's Germany. Even if Trump ends up having a similar effect, at least he'll not have done it on purpose, at least it'll have happened in spite of an effort to prevent it.

I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the dialogue.

MarcATL

There's nothing new under the sun.

From a child the world teaches us that the definition of wisdom is intercourse.

To be a virgin during adolescence is ridiculed.

So boys grow up with a certain animosity towards girls as they can in a way be intimidated by them.

After one, let's say, gains some wisdom, they lose that fear and become brazen.

Some outgrow this behavior sooner than others.

That conversation was two overgrown boys sharing bravado alluding to their conquests.

Big whoop.

However girls should learn that most men have these tendencies.

We don't start out Prince charmings.
This "boy" was 60-year old man. With dsughterrs.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I think this mean-spirited thug Christianity is occurring in small enclaves mostly in the south and the west.

While I live in a blue state, my county of San Diego is a mix of suburban/rural conservatives (where I've spent most all my life) and urban progressives (where I've only lived this year). I've definitely been pressured by the conservatives I know to vote for Trump, and there's no doubt a lot of Trump supporters who are more likely to be Hillary-haters than actual fans of Trump. Having said that, after many red years (I don't know how far back offhand) San Diego went for Obama both in 08 and 12. I'll be really interested to see the election numbers for this election.

I think the media eats their rhetoric up every instance in which is occurs because it serves their bottom line to keep the animosity loud and available for viewing. And the many moderate Christians in the country become invisible as a result. And that's turning a lot of people away from religious Christianity.

Trump has made them money, no doubt. But I don't have to watch, and I generally don't. I was with my mom the other day and she had Fox News on and I couldn't believe how biased they were. Might as well set up Trump campaign headquarters right there at the news desk.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
rather, a rational hatred for hillary

but look at me - expecting an understanding of rationality from an irrational liberal :darwinsm:

:mock:me

Yet I've never read where a TOL liberal stated that they would vote for Satan.

Like I said: It's time for you to switch usernames again, as you'll NEVER live this one down.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
sure you have:

:mock:acw, outed as a liberal hillary supporter

And now for the rest of the post:

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

I am. I don't want a liberal [Donald Trump] to represent a conservative Party.

Since I missed it in your 4 or 5 previous anal retentive posts, tell me again why you're voting for a candidate that just loves Planned Parenthood.