ECT Never the Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

STP wrote:
The Body of Christ is the risen glorified Christ seated in the heavens, not the broken body, and shed blood.

lol, WITW?

Danoh

STP wrote:
The Body of Christ is the risen glorified Christ seated in the heavens, not the broken body, and shed blood.

lol, WITW?

Good news, IP - your Library Card has been temporarily revoked :chuckle:

More good news, IP - in the meantime, here, try this Book "about..."

Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

In short, try Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

step off

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalm 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

If you read the OT 1000x without what the NT says when quoting it, it may as well be what Judaism believed right before Christ came.

Is 42:6-9 tells us not only what Christ would be but that God is aware that he is announcing this in advance as a new program or way of doing things.

But that was 'new' relative to how Israel was in Isaiah's time. It always was the plan since the earliest promises, to send out God's blessings to all nations, so yes, his word remains true when tried by fire. That's why Gal 3:17 says it was a mistake for Judaism to exchange the Law for the Promise. That's the RT that mucks the Bible beyond recognition.

Interplanner

The D'ist outline is that there is a separate program for the DNA Israel, no matter what. There is nothing like that in the NT. They were rebuked for asking in Acts 1 and told that the kingdom power they needed was the power to preach not to win a war of independence.

Right Divider

Body part
Once again, there is only deviance away from the normal sense of things.
From the guy that thinks that the word "peaceful/restful" should be translated TOXIC in ONE place in the Bible when every OTHER instance of the word is translated peaceful or restful (or some variation thereof).

So much for "the normal sense of things". :juggle:

SaulToPaul 2

From the guy that thinks that the word "peaceful/restful" should be translated TOXIC in ONE place in the Bible when every OTHER instance of the word is translated peaceful or restful (or some variation thereof).

There is no end to the things he's willing to make up.

Interplanner

Why? Did they get a "second chance"?

I don't know. Noah only preached to a limited number, I'd guess, so Peter is making the case that those who heard nothing got 1 chance. We have a rather tame view of the ante-diluvians, but I think it became rather bizarre. At Naszca, Peru, for ex., 1/3 of the 13,000 famous patinated stones show humans interacting with dinosaurs, 1/3 show sexual perversions of all kinds and 1/3 show violence as sport. The type of drawings are all hauntingly realistic.

Interplanner

It is normal in the middle east desert or the Texan or the Mongolian: non-moving water is toxic. A good shepherd takes you past that.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know. Noah only preached to a limited number, I'd guess, so Peter is making the case that those who heard nothing got 1 chance. We have a rather tame view of the ante-diluvians, but I think it became rather bizarre. At Naszca, Peru, for ex., 1/3 of the 13,000 famous patinated stones show humans interacting with dinosaurs, 1/3 show sexual perversions of all kinds and 1/3 show violence as sport. The type of drawings are all hauntingly realistic.
So what was you POINT in the first place?

Or are you just here so show off?

Status
Not open for further replies.