NBA 2015-16

kmoney

Hall of Fame
FYI. In game 7's the home team is 100-24 W-L.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

I'd like to see the breakdown of game 7s when one of the teams is coming back from a 1-3 deficit.

I'm torn in who to root for. I'd love to see the Warriors win it all and complete the greatest single season of all time but I also would like to see Durant get a ring and there is no guarantee he'll be in this position again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
With the Warrior's win, it only means one thing.........the city of Cleveland will go another year (52 years) without a championship from any of its sports teams.

:rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I also would like to see Durant get a ring and there is no guarantee he'll be in this position again.

Durant's gone......

I highly doubt he'll be back at OKC next year.

I predict he will go to a big market team...LA, NYC, Boston, Houston, etc.

He doesn't need the money, he wants the fame.

His contract will be around $200 million.......$200 million sounds like a lot, but remember, Durant just signed a 10 year shoe deal with Nike for $300 million last year.

$500 MILLION !!!!!!!! is what Durant will make in salary and shoe contracts the next 10 years. Not to mention he's already made close to $200 million in previous salary and shoe contracts.

That's pretty good money for a guy who just completely choked at home in the 4th quarter of Game 6.

The Berean

So we have a rematch of last season's NBA Finals. Here's a summary of both team's NBA finals history.

Golden State Warriors: 8 NBA Finals appearances (including 2016)

NBA Championships
2014-16 (Defeated Cleveland Cavalvers 4-2)
1974-75 (Defeated Washington Bullets 4-0)
1955-56 (Defeated Fort Wayne Pistons 4-1)
1946-47 (Defeated Chicago Stags 4-1)

Lost NBA Finals
1966-67 (Lost to the Philadephia 76ers 4-2)
1963-64 (Lost to the Boston Celtics 4-1)
1947-48 (lost to Baltimore Bullets 4-2)

NBA Finals record: 21-10 W-L

Cleveland Cavalers: 3 NBA Finals appearances (including 2016)

NBA Championships
None

Lost NBA Finals
2014-2015 (Lost to the Golden State Warriors 4-2)
2006-2007 (Lost to the San Antonio Spurs 4-0)

NBA Finals record: 2-6 W-L

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Durant is one of the three best players in the NBA. He is Danny Manning, without the injuries.

The Berean

So of course Charles Barkely is picking the Cavs to be the Warriors. :rotfl: Charles has been on his "the Warriors aren't that good" schtik since last season. This season he said the Spurs were the best team and would beat the Warriors. After the Warriors destroyed the Spurs by 30 points in their first meeting Charles then moved on to OKC as the team that can beat the Warriors. The Warriors won all three regular season games. Of course Charles picked OKC to beat the Warriors in the conference finals and he was wrong again.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think this is the harder match up for the Cavs, but I also think the struggle GS had in putting away a team Cleveland went two for two against should eradicate the notion that the 4 - 2 loss factors. I like the Cav's chance to finally deliver for Cleveland.

OKC had to collapse in the fourth of game six for GS to have a chance to upset a series they were the favorite in going in...to say Durant and Westbrook were horrible in the fourth quarter is to do an insult to the word horrible. Overall shooting of 32% (Durant) and 37% (Westbrook), lower than anyone shooting on the other side. In that 4th quarter? Durant shot just over 14%. :plain: Westbrook? Just short of 29%. Again, lower than ANYONE who shot the ball for GS (except for Bogut, who went 0-1) and they still only lost by 6.

Should be an entertaining series.

Now then...where does Durant go now? Back to do better or does he consider a team like San Antonio?

The Berean

Getting back to Charles Barkley, I wonder how he feels about there being TWO jump shooting teams in the Finals? :p

Last edited: