Name That Tune -

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
remember that show ? i can name that tune in 1 note. LOL, what about just one phrase or one line from a song - Post a Blurb from any song, see if someone can guess (without cheating), off the top of the head. then if someone can't guess, add another line ? cheating is inevitable but that's ok, just try not to spoil it for others. for instance, i may excel at classic rock, 60s, 70s 80s 90s to fairly current "popular" secular music, more than that, but you get the idea. many here may know Christian songs more, etc. let's do it ! ! ! -

'I got a bottle of rosy, let's try it"

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

G-Major-Augmented-Fifth :guitar:

:singer: :drum:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"A laugh, a joke, a sentiment wasted.
Seasons of strangers that come and go.
Doldrums are pounding, cheapskates are clowning this town."

I'm particularly fond of music myself, as the bit above my avatar attests. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"A laugh, a joke, a sentiment wasted.
Seasons of strangers that come and go.
Doldrums are pounding, cheapskates are clowning this town."

I'm particularly fond of music myself, as the bit above my avatar attests. :)

that sound like a good one, i can't place it, simon & garf ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
remember that show ? i can name that tune in 1 note. LOL, what about just one phrase or one line from a song - Post a Blurb from any song, see if someone can guess (without cheating), off the top of the head. then if someone can't guess, add another line ? cheating is inevitable but that's ok, just try not to spoil it for others. for instance, i may excel at classic rock, 60s, 70s 80s 90s to fairly current "popular" secular music, more than that, but you get the idea. many here may know Christian songs more, etc. let's do it ! ! ! -

'I got a bottle of rosy, let's try it"

springstein and manfred -

https://youtu.be/gvJ6o1PC4pA

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that sound like a good one, i can't place it, simon & garf ?
Dead Melodies, by Beck. Terrific little song. Sorry about breaking the rules. I skimmed and missed the one line bit. And it's an obscure, if fine tune, so I'll be fairer next time.

"Here’s a way to dance my way out of my constriction"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dead Melodies, by Beck. Terrific little song. Sorry about breaking the rules. I skimmed and missed the one line bit. And it's an obscure, if fine tune, so I'll be fairer next time.

"Here’s a way to dance my way out of my constriction"

oh, that's ok, i don't really have rules, sometimes (often actually) during a "day" i hear phrases and conversation that "pops" a song lyric etc. in my head. you know how fast the mind operates. do anything, finish a line, name the band/artist, writers, contributors, not too detailed from me personally, but whatever. obviously, TOL rules apply and keeping it "clean". it's on "the rest" forum and we are adults so . . use good judgement or pay the piper. here's one - don't pay -

"until he gets you to the other side" -

i don't know, who is Kurt ? clue ?
The late Kurt Vonnegut (died 2007) was an American novelist who wrote darkly satirical and humorous novels like: Slaughterhouse-Five, Cat's Cradle, Sirens of Titan, Breakfast of Champions and a few dozen more novels. A lot of his novels, at least the ones I've read, have a Science Fiction twist. On the debut album of a certain soft rock band in the '70s, the band wrote a song using some of the text from Cat's Cradle in their lyrics.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The late Kurt Vonnegut (died 2007) was an American novelist who wrote darkly satirical and humorous novels like: Slaughterhouse-Five, Cat's Cradle, Sirens of Titan, Breakfast of Champions and a few dozen more novels. A lot of his novels, at least the ones I've read, have a Science Fiction twist. On the debut album of a certain soft rock band in the '70s, the band wrote a song using some of the text from Cat's Cradle in their lyrics.

Harry Chapin ?

Harry Chapin ?
No. The band was Ambrosia and the song was Nice, Nice, Very Nice.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrosia_(band)

The first album, Ambrosia, produced by Freddie Piro, was released in 1975. It spawned the Top 20 chart single "Holdin' On To Yesterday" as well as the minor hit "Nice, Nice, Very Nice." The latter sets to music the lyrics to a poem in Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. The album was nominated for a Grammy award for Best Engineered Recording (other than Classical). Alan Parsons was the engineer for Ambrosia's first album and the producer for their second.[3] All four members of Ambrosia played on the first Alan Parsons Project album, Tales of Mystery and Imagination, which was recorded soon after Ambrosia's first album. David Pack later appeared on the Alan Parsons album Try Anything Once (1993), co-writing, playing and providing vocals on three songs.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No. The band was Ambrosia and the song was Nice, Nice, Very Nice.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrosia_(band)

The first album, Ambrosia, produced by Freddie Piro, was released in 1975. It spawned the Top 20 chart single "Holdin' On To Yesterday" as well as the minor hit "Nice, Nice, Very Nice." The latter sets to music the lyrics to a poem in Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. The album was nominated for a Grammy award for Best Engineered Recording (other than Classical). Alan Parsons was the engineer for Ambrosia's first album and the producer for their second.[3] All four members of Ambrosia played on the first Alan Parsons Project album, Tales of Mystery and Imagination, which was recorded soon after Ambrosia's first album. David Pack later appeared on the Alan Parsons album Try Anything Once (1993), co-writing, playing and providing vocals on three songs.

good one, i did not know that, as johnny carson would say, i was telling a younger guy about alan parsons project not too long ago. i kinda forgot about ambrosia as well, awesome !

While staying at Richie Blackmore's castle, two of the four members of this band wrote this song overnight. It's one of the band's biggest hits but was not without controversy in the Christian community. Who was the band and what was the song?

My wife's cousin played it at our wedding in 1980. That should give you a time reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.