my three friendly pets

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chihuahuas lie about everything...including whether or not they ate 5 minutes ago.

:)

Oh pookey...didn't I just feed you?

Uh, no.

But I know I did...the can is still on the counter-top.

Really, mom, that's what you fed the cat. I'm still STARVING.

:D

:shocked: You feed your dogs from a can? My babies would not stand for it! They get their food served warm with little bites of left over meat from the previous dinner.

BTW, my little angels never lie. They are perfect.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have two cats and one tiny dog.

they love each other.

They enjoy each other.

they make me smile the way they enjoy and play.

They are so blessing in my life:)

I'm sure they are a blessing. Got any photos?

musterion

they love each other.

They enjoy each other.

Dogs are unclean in the Old Testament and in Jesus' day. He compared people unfavorably to dogs. Don't we have to follow Jesus' words?

musterion

I imagine, even then, there was a difference between wild dogs and trained loving dogs?

There definitely was...Jews used shepherding dogs, guard dogs...but under the Law - which was still very much in force during His time on earth - dogs were still unclean animals. In all the Bible there is no use of "dog" that I can find which is favorable when used with regard to a person or group of people, with the possible exception of one (see footnote). It's always negative, or at best neutral. Never positive.

That said, I have a dog...a poodle, so I guess it qualifies. I've always had dogs. I like dogs. But Meshak has long said the OT is still in force upon us all, yet she allows dogs in her home in violation of what SHE says she believes. Even Christ's use of "dogs" was not neutral, and she's the best follower of Jesus on TOL.

So I'm trying to get her to see the inconsistency of her own beliefs so that maybe...maybe...some light can break through to her.

PS

If memory serves, it was the Syro-Phonecian woman who made the "little [pet] doggies" connection, not Christ.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

they love each other.

They enjoy each other.

There's a cat in my life right now that brings me a lot of happiness. If I settle down to read he's right there cuddling with me, and sometimes he snuggles around my neck, and it feels like I'm wearing a cat muffler. :chuckle: He reminds me a lot of a stray cat I adopted many years ago who ended up living until about 16 or 17. She was the most amazing cat... this one's markings and coloring are so similar to hers that the memories hit me all the time when I watch him. He's such a sweetheart. And he makes me smile too. :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There's a cat in my life right now that brings me a lot of happiness. If I settle down to read he's right there cuddling with me, and sometimes he snuggles around my neck, and it feels like I'm wearing a cat muffler. :chuckle: He reminds me a lot of a stray cat I adopted many years ago who ended up living until about 16 or 17. She was the most amazing cat... this one's markings and coloring are so similar to hers that the memories hit me all the time when I watch him. He's such a sweetheart. And he makes me smile too. :)

My dog like cat is ally cat too.

Pets are gift from God to cheer us up:)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One time, my daughter showed me timid cat cuddling the tiny dog.

I will ask if she kept it.

If she did I will ask her to show here.

thank you for asking.
Don't take too many photos yourself, I guess?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There definitely was...Jews used shepherding dogs, guard dogs...but under the Law - which was still very much in force during His time on earth - dogs were still unclean animals. In all the Bible there is no use of "dog" that I can find which is favorable when used with regard to a person or group of people, with the possible exception of one (see footnote). It's always negative, or at best neutral. Never positive.

That said, I have a dog...a poodle, so I guess it qualifies. I've always had dogs. I like dogs. But Meshak has long said the OT is still in force upon us all, yet she allows dogs in her home in violation of what SHE says she believes. Even Christ's use of "dogs" was not neutral, and she's the best follower of Jesus on TOL.

So I'm trying to get her to see the inconsistency of her own beliefs so that maybe...maybe...some light can break through to her.

PS

If memory serves, it was the Syro-Phonecian woman who made the "little [pet] doggies" connection, not Christ.
This is a pet thread. Give it a break.

bybee

PS

I don't believe she is cooking them for dinner?:D

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Cannot remember if anyone here knows about, or has seen any pictures on my pet wolf, Attila?

He was a big arctic wolf, white and really huge!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He sounds intimidating.

He was intimidating to dogs and coyotes, but he was afraid of people he did not know. Wolves are naturally afraid of people, unlike dogs.

I had to keep him away from dogs he did not know.

One time I showed him a kitten; he took the kitten in his mouth so fast he was several feet away from me when I noticed only the kittens head outside his mouth, then I was worried he would eat the kitten, so I tried to retrieve the poor little animal. When he finally stooped playing around teasing me, he let me take the kitten, which I assumed was dead, then to my surprise, the kitten was asleep!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
He was intimidating to dogs and coyotes, but he was afraid of people he did not know. Wolves are naturally afraid of people, unlike dogs.

I had to keep him away from dogs he did not know.

One time I showed him a kitten; he took the kitten in his mouth so fast he was several feet away from me when I noticed only the kittens head outside his mouth, then I was worried he would eat the kitten, so I tried to retrieve the poor little animal. When he finally stooped playing around teasing me, he let me take the kitten, which I assumed was dead, then to my surprise, the kitten was asleep!

wow, amazing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, he would never hurt a baby animal! He would kill coyotes. and maybe dogs if he had a mind to do it. He had to be kept on private land; he was not really a pet, as much as a guest.