My Monkey Baby

Sodor72

I just watch a documentary on Netflix. It follows 3 families who decide to not have children instead they have these monkeys that they treat like children. They dress them up, take them out to eat, and one lady took her monkey to a "monkey psychic". I try my hardest not to judge people, but these guys our FREAKS!

genuineoriginal

I just watch a documentary on Netflix. It follows 3 families who decide to not have children instead they have these monkeys that they treat like children. They dress them up, take them out to eat, and one lady took her monkey to a "monkey psychic". I try my hardest not to judge people, but these guys our FREAKS!

That is weird, all right.

Could you explain what you mean by those guys your FREAKS?

PureX

It sounds like an experiment. Was it? If so, there's nothing particularly "freaky" about it.

Nor if they are people who just happen to like monkeys as pets. Most people treat their pets like family members, and because monkeys are so physically similar to humans, their owners often dress them in human cloths, in public, to avoid offending others.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not much different from some folks I see with their dogs.

PureX

I have never understood that.
I sort of do. Some pets, like dogs, have learned how to respond to human affection with such joy and appreciation and loyalty, etc., that it's easy to forget that they are only animals. And after all, we are animals, too.

Sodor72

It sounds like an experiment. Was it? If so, there's nothing particularly "freaky" about it.

Nor if they are people who just happen to like monkeys as pets. Most people treat their pets like family members, and because monkeys are so physically similar to humans, their owners often dress them in human cloths, in public, to avoid offending others.

No it was no experiment. Apparently there's a subculture that raises monkeys like children. They dress them up take them out to dinner shopping. The weirdest thing was a woman gave her monkey a room, it was just like a little girls room, even had a TV.

PureX

No it was no experiment. Apparently there's a subculture that raises monkeys like children. They dress them up take them out to dinner shopping. The weirdest thing was a woman gave her monkey a room, it was just like a little girls room, even had a TV.
Well, there are folks who like to dress up in animal costumes and have sex with each other. It's a "thing". So I suppose on the scale of freaky humans, the 'monkey-parents' are somewhere in the middle. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Because there's nothing worse than a naked monkey ?