My convictions of my faith in Christ.

eider

As a member of the Body of Christ, I feel it's necessary to expose false doctrine and belief systems and display the "True Gospel."

You'd be better off evangelising to the world in general, maybe?
The best way (imo) to make a difference in other people is to live the life, and not speak it. I know that's hard..... but to present your faith is surely better than to rubbish another person's...

I'm interested...... do you have a Church, Creed or Denomination which you belong to, or is your faith just singular to yourself? There seems to be a number of members here who just follow their own private faith and I have spoken with some.

So far:
Salvation freely given by God. Nothing else required.
Salvation freely given, which causes a transformation in the follower's life.
Salvation brought about by good deeds and living.
Salvation brought about by free gift + good deeds.
.............. they go on.......

And all of these tell nme that all the others are doomed...
What is the description of your faith, please?

eider

Just as an aside in case you might be interested, Yeshua bar Yosef is Aramaic.

The Hebrew would be Yeshua ben Yosef.

Just in case you're interested, Idumeans, Judeans and southern Decapolis spoke Western Aramaic, and their word for 'Son of' was 'Ben'.

Galileans spoke EASTERN Aramaic with Galilean accent (dropping certain vowels) and their word for 'Son of' was 'Bar'.

Mark {14:70} And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art [one] of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth [thereto.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know how to say this but I read the Bible following the whole context of the Bible both old and new testament which is love of God and Jesus.

I think we agree that Christ brought the Father's people out of Egypt. I think we agree that Jesus is the Christ.

So do we agree that Christ said, "Now if the city will not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. And when the Lord your God delivers it into your hands, you shall strike every male in it with the edge of the sword. (Deuteronomy 20:12-13).

eider

I think we agree that Christ brought the Father's people out of Egypt. I think we agree that Jesus is the Christ.

So do we agree that Christ said, "Now if the city will not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. And when the Lord your God delivers it into your hands, you shall strike every male in it with the edge of the sword. (Deuteronomy 20:12-13).

Hi again..... I know that this was for Meshak, but that command was made by God, Jesus's Father, to the Israelites, not to you or me. It was 'back in the days' of the Old Testament, the Old Covenant which Christians do not refer to. The Old Covenant is surely dead to you?

Christians refer to the NEW Covenant, the Divine Words and Laws of God, as delivered through His Son and Ordained Apostles and Prophets, and the Words say 'You shall not kill.'

Can we agree on that?

JAMES 2:11 MATTHEW 5:21 MATTHEW 19:18 MARK 10:19 LUKE 18:20 ROMANS 13:9

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You'd be better off evangelising to the world in general, maybe?
The best way (imo) to make a difference in other people is to live the life, and not speak it. I know that's hard..... but to present your faith is surely better than to rubbish another person's...

I'm interested...... do you have a Church, Creed or Denomination which you belong to, or is your faith just singular to yourself? There seems to be a number of members here who just follow their own private faith and I have spoken with some.

So far:
Salvation freely given by God. Nothing else required.
Salvation freely given, which causes a transformation in the follower's life.
Salvation brought about by good deeds and living.
Salvation brought about by free gift + good deeds.
.............. they go on.......

And all of these tell nme that all the others are doomed...
What is the description of your faith, please?

You haven't told anyone what church or denomination you're affiliated with? You admitted to "seeking" correct?

eider

This was sent to Meshak....
Can I answer?

Jesus's Father made it possible, and Moses supervised the Exodus of the enslaved Israelites out of Egypt, through the Reed Sea, on a Spring Full Moon during the H and L ATs, which is why the Passover Feast (and Easter) is held on the Spring Equinox Full Moon. :)

eider

B57 is a "Hyper-Calvinist Fanatic." His beliefs are rejected by the majority of Posters on this Forum.

Please let B57 answer for self.....
I'm not interested in contention and confrontation.
I'm more interested in how people's faiths show in their love, understanding,integrity etc.

eider

Do you believe that sinners Christ died for are saved by His death for them ? Yes or No ?

Look, friend..... which part of :-I need to know, do you accept every word in the bible as the Divine unnerring infallible words of God?......didn't you understand?

Which part of 'I am a seeker' do you not understand?

I would love to talk with you about Faith and Christianity, but if you ignore my questions and just batter me with yours we aren't going to get far together.

Would you like to answer my honest, simple and friendly question? The one above?

EDIT: I must go to bed..... it's late, here, :)

beloved57

Look, friend..... which part of :-I need to know, do you accept every word in the bible as the Divine unnerring infallible words of God?......didn't you understand?

Which part of 'I am a seeker' do you not understand?

I would love to talk with you about Faith and Christianity, but if you ignore my questions and just batter me with yours we aren't going to get far together.

Would you like to answer my honest, simple and friendly question? The one above?
Look, don't bother me until you answer the question!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have studied beyond the Gospels for information connected to Jesus, and I have been interested in archeology, various theological professors, numismatic societies (!), Galilean weather analysis, Genessaret boatmen, farming, living conditions, The Temple, different forums and websites, etc etc. I am totally convinced in Jesus and his mission...... the rest is my current research, hence my interest in theology.com
You're all over the place eider

eider

Look, don't bother me until you answer the question!

Meshak and I are inviting anybody who comes on this thread to share their faith and belief with all, by explaining how much (if not all) of the bible they believe in, and if they belong to any particular Church, Creed or Denomination.

You come barging in here with demands and questions, and now you're telling me what to do.... on Meshak's thread opened here because a Christian (can you believe that?) will not have me, a seeker, in their own thread.

Tell you what, mate..... clear off.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak and I are inviting anybody who comes on this thread to share their faith and belief with all, by explaining how much (if not all) of the bible they believe in, and if they belong to any particular Church, Creed or Denomination.

You come barging in here with demands and questions, and now you're telling me what to do.... on Meshak's thread opened here because a Christian (can you believe that?) will not have me, a seeker, in their own thread.

Tell you what, mate..... clear off.

You don't have the clout to bark orders on TOL.