ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

Cross Reference

Those are all very good verses that prove we must obey. However they do not say or show how one gets into or added to Christ.

How does one go from being lost to added or into Christ?

How can I personally partake In the atonement?

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 6:14
The Gospel of Jesus Christ always forces an issue of will. Do I accept God’s verdict on sin in the Cross of Christ? Have I the slightest interest in the death of Jesus? Do I want to be identified with His death, to be killed right out to all interest in sin, in worldli- ness, in self—to be so identified with Jesus that I am spoilt for everything else but Him? The great privilege of discipleship is that I can sign on under His Cross, and that means death to sin. Get alone with Jesus and either tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you; or else tell Him that at all costs you want to be identified with His death. Immediately you transact in confident faith in what Our Lord did on the Cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place, and you will know with a knowl- edge that passeth knowledge that your “old man” is crucified with Christ. The proof that your “old man” has been crucified with Christ is in the amazing ease with which the life of God in you enables you to obey the voice of Jesus Christ.

Every now and again, Our Lord lets us see what we would be like if it were not for Himself; it is a jus- tification of what He said—“Without Me ye can do nothing.” That is why the bedrock of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus. We mistake the ecstasy of our first introduction into the Kingdom for the purpose of God in getting us there; His purpose in getting us there is that we may realise all that identification with Jesus Christ means.

Oswald Chambers . . Dec 23 "My Utmost For His Highest".

God's Truth

Like I asked: Will not loving God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, cover everything in your reply? Is that not the great commandment Jesus gave in His teaching, the sum of what it means to be a Christian, the result of the new birth from above?

You still have to enter and Jesus tells you what to do to enter.

Why are you having a hard time with repent or perish?

How are you loving God with your heart and soul if you can't repent of your sins?

God's Truth

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 6:14
The Gospel of Jesus Christ always forces an issue of will. Do I accept God’s verdict on sin in the Cross of Christ? Have I the slightest interest in the death of Jesus? Do I want to be identified with His death, to be killed right out to all interest in sin, in worldli- ness, in self—to be so identified with Jesus that I am spoilt for everything else but Him? The great privilege of discipleship is that I can sign on under His Cross, and that means death to sin. Get alone with Jesus and either tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you; or else tell Him that at all costs you want to be identified with His death. Immediately you transact in confident faith in what Our Lord did on the Cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place, and you will know with a knowl- edge that passeth knowledge that your “old man” is crucified with Christ. The proof that your “old man” has been crucified with Christ is in the amazing ease with which the life of God in you enables you to obey the voice of Jesus Christ.

Every now and again, Our Lord lets us see what we would be like if it were not for Himself; it is a jus- tification of what He said—“Without Me ye can do nothing.” That is why the bedrock of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus. We mistake the ecstasy of our first introduction into the Kingdom for the purpose of God in getting us there; His purpose in getting us there is that we may realise all that identification with Jesus Christ means.

He writes so beautifully, his personal feelings and diary of his life as a Christian.

Have you ever thought of doing that?

God's Truth

Well what have you done about your sin that you need to repent of that interferes with your love to God?

OMT:

I didn't say that, did I? So why imply I did??

How come you have hard time saying you love God?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you redo this whole post and explain yourself better?

I said everyone has sinned and I asked if you had ever sinned. You are the one who asked me about those who have not ever sinned. That is no such thing. All have sinned and the people who don't admit it are not saved.

You don't make sense. You say, "Well what have you done about your sins that you need to repent of that interferes without your love to God?"
Then you say OMT. What is OMT?

You are the one who said what about those who have never sinned. Then you say you didn't say that?

We have to admit we have sinned to be saved. If you don't admit you are a sinner then you can't be saved.

Why would I have a hard time saying I love God?

You sound bizarre and unstable.

Cross Reference

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you redo this whole post and explain yourself better?

I said everyone has sinned and I asked if you had ever sinned. You are the one who asked me about those who have not ever sinned. That is no such thing. All have sinned and the people who don't admit it are not saved.

You don't make sense. You say, "Well what have you done about your sins that you need to repent of that interferes without your love to God?"
Then you say OMT. What is OMT?

You are the one who said what about those who have never sinned. Then you say you didn't say that?

We have to admit we have sinned to be saved. If you don't admit you are a sinner then you can't be saved.

Why would I have a hard time saying I love God?

You sound bizarre and unstable.

This is what you wrote/said:

Now are you saying you have never sinned . . . . EVER?

"Ever" being the operative misleading, word!!

This what I wrote:

"And if I have no sin to repent of, what then? Do you love God? Does not loving God always force an issue of our will?"

The implication being I have already repented of my sins and have none left to repent of.

So chew on it and get it right before misrepresenting my words.

How old are you??

God's Truth

This is what you wrote/said:

"Ever" being the operative misleading, word!!

This what I wrote:

"And if I have no sin to repent of, what then? Do you love God? Does not loving God always force an issue of our will?"

The implication being I have already repented of my sins and have none left to repent of.

So chew on it and get it right before misrepresenting my words.

How old are you??

You know you are in the wrong now because you are trying to hurt me.

We are speaking about the moment of salvation and you said if you have no sins.

Right Divider

Body part
You have to fear God, be humble, put being saved before everything and everyone, even before your own life, admit you are a sinner, confess and repent of your sins, have a forgiving heart, do what you can to obey, have all intentions on obeying Jesus, know that you will never give up, call on Jesus to help you.
You have a false gospel of the grace of God.

You're back to the gospel of good intentions.

turbosixx

Thanks for your comment. That's how a man says we get into or added to Christ. I only care what the bible says.

Cross Reference

Thanks for your comment. That's how a man says we get into or added to Christ. I only care what the bible says.
His knowledge is delineated from how the Bible speaks of it. Too bad you can't accept his understanding. Personally I don't believe you are looking for understanding.

turbosixx

His knowledge is delineated from how the Bible speaks of it.

If this is true, could you please point out where the bible says something like this.

Get alone with Jesus and either tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you; or else tell Him that at all costs you want to be identified with His death. Immediately you transact in confident faith in what Our Lord did on the Cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place, and you will know with a knowl- edge that passeth knowledge that your “old man” is crucified with Christ.

Is this the prayer of salvation?

Cross Reference

If this is true, could you please point out where the bible says something like this.

Get alone with Jesus and either tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you; or else tell Him that at all costs you want to be identified with His death. Immediately you transact in confident faith in what Our Lord did on the Cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place, and you will know with a knowl- edge that passeth knowledge that your “old man” is crucified with Christ.

Is this the prayer of salvation?

Irrespective of it being one mans aproach to understanding, it is nevertheless, the understanding of how the Gospel of Jesus Christ explains the way to salvation the operative phraseology being to "transact in confident faith in what Our Lord did on the Cross," the "or else" being the only other option. There cannot be a compromise. That, in my opinion, is an example of one who has been made desperate to know the condition of his soul.

"Every now and again, Our Lord lets us see what we would be like if it were not for Himself; it is a justification of what He said—“Without Me ye can do nothing.” That is why the bedrock of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus. We mistake the ecstasy of our first introduction into the Kingdom for the purpose of God in getting us there; His purpose in getting us there is that we may realise all that identification with Jesus Christ means." . . Oswald Chambers

Cross Reference

No. You have to actually obey. You have a gospel of a defeatist. There is no such thing as you don't really have to obey God.

Did Jesus FIRST ever say repent and be saved or did He say this:

"come unto me and you will find rest for your weary [*sinsick] souls". I think you mean to say "come unto me" was His first great command, don't you?

[*Emphase mine]

Cross Reference

I believe this is a very timely reply to this thread:

Dec 26th "My Utmost for His Highest"

Placed in the light

"If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7.

To mistake conscious freedom from sin for deliverance from sin by the Atonement is a great error. No man knows what sin is until he is born again. Sin is what Jesus Christ faced on Calvary. The evidence that I am delivered from sin is that I know the real nature of sin in me. It takes the last reach of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that is, the impartation of His absolute perfection, to make a man know what sin is.

The Holy Spirit applies the Atonement to us in the unconscious realm as well as in the realm of which we are conscious, and it is only when we get a grasp of the unrivalled power of the Spirit in us that we understand the meaning of 1 John 1:7, “the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin.” This does not refer to conscious sin only, but to the tremendously profound understanding of sin which only the Holy Ghost in me realizes.

If I walk in the light as God is in the light, not in the light of my conscience, but in the light of God—if I walk there, with nothing folded up, then there comes the amazing revelation—the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin so that God Almighty can see nothing to censure in me. In my consciousness it works with a keen poignant knowledge of what sin is. The love of God at work in me makes me hate with the hatred of the Holy Ghost all that is not in keeping with God’s holiness. To walk in the light means that everything that is of the darkness drives me closer into the centre of the light.

Oswald Chambers