ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

God's Truth

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." ff

And so it is that one cannot obey commands he has no knowledge of unless he is first born again of the Spirit of God. Now I understand. Thank you.

In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.
How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27.

Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul says that God made the prophetic writings known so that all nations might believe and obey. So again, the word of God tells us that faith comes from hearing the message. Paul teaches what we are supposed to obey.

God's Truth

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." ff

And so it is that one cannot obey commands he has no knowledge of unless he is first born again of the Spirit of God. Now I understand. Thank you.

You have to OBEY God to receive understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

God's Truth

Supposed to?

What degree of obedience is acceptable?

Good question.

Luke 14

The Cost of Being a Disciple

25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

28“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

31“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

34“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.

“Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Right Divider

Body part
Good question.

Luke 14

The Cost of Being a Disciple

25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

28“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

31“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

34“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.

“Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”
Always back under the LAW and the minister of the CIRCUMCISION.

Will you ever accept God's grace?

God's Truth

RD,

Don't let those scriptures scare you off though. It is about those helping to lay the foundation.

The foundation has been laid.

So what does Jesus want of us?

Most likely, no one is going to kill you for being a Christian, but you still have to put Jesus first and above yourself.

You still have to give up the sins of the world and live your life to please Jesus.

Jesus' works are light, easy, and not burdensome.

During the laying of the foundation, it was harder for many people, because they actually risked a real wood cross.

God's Truth

Always back under the LAW and the minister of the CIRCUMCISION.

Will you ever accept God's grace?

If it were as you say, then all anyone has to do is believe in Jesus.

Do you know that all Christian denominations believe in Jesus?

So what makes one not fall for a false denomination?

The difference between God's Truth and false denominations is obeying Jesus.

You cannot even enter Jesus unless, and if.

So before you go making yourself and your family homeless, get Jesus' teachings and do what you can do, and then call on him to help you with the rest.

If you are careful to follow Jesus' teachings exactly, then you will find out and understand that Jesus asked people to help lay the foundation and become traveling ministers; so they would have to lay the foundation. The foundation has already been laid so you should know that you do not have to do that.

You do still have to put Jesus before anyone or anything, and even before yourself.

Right Divider

Body part
If it were as you say, then all anyone has to do is believe in Jesus.

Do you know that all Christian denominations believe in Jesus?

So what makes one not fall for a false denomination?

The difference between God's Truth and false denominations is obeying Jesus.
How much obedience is acceptable to receive eternal life? 80%, 90%, 95%, 100%?

You cannot even enter Jesus unless, and if.

So before you go making yourself and your family homeless, get Jesus' teachings and do what you can do, and then call on him to help you with the rest.

If you are careful to follow Jesus' teachings exactly, then you will find out and understand that Jesus asked people to help lay the foundation and become traveling ministers; so they would have to lay the foundation. The foundation has already been laid so you should know that you do not have to do that.

You do still have to put Jesus before anyone or anything, and even before yourself.
Your perfect obedience is the model for us all!

Cross Reference

CR, don't go down that path. That is a false path that many reformers took. Do you not know that the gospel message explains what Jesus' teachings are?

What commands of Jesus do you have in mind and is there more than (1) that I must obey before I can say I have arrived at acceptance?

God's Truth

What commands of Jesus do you have in mind and is there more than (1) that I must obey before I can say I have arrived at acceptance?

You have to fear God, be humble, put being saved before everything and everyone, even before your own life, admit you are a sinner, confess and repent of your sins, have a forgiving heart, do what you can to obey, have all intentions on obeying Jesus, know that you will never give up, call on Jesus to help you.

Cross Reference

You have to fear God, be humble, put being saved before everything and everyone, even before your own life, admit you are a sinner, confess and repent of your sins, have a forgiving heart, do what you can to obey, have all intentions on obeying Jesus, know that you will never give up, call on Jesus to help you.

Do yu know what the great commandment is?

turbosixx

Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right. He saves those who obey his teachings.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Those are all very good verses that prove we must obey. However they do not say or show how one gets into or added to Christ.

How does one go from being lost to added or into Christ?

God's Truth

Those are all very good verses that prove we must obey. However they do not say or show how one gets into or added to Christ.

How does one go from being lost to added or into Christ?

Jesus saves those who obey. That is how.

Would you like to talk about water?

God's Truth

How 'bout if I just obey that one? Won't that be sufficient?

You still have to obey Jesus to get saved, you still have to humble yourself and repent of your sins.

You also have to obey that command to love your neighbor. When you do that, it means you will not murder, commit adultery, steal, and lie.

Cross Reference

You still have to obey Jesus to get saved, you still have to humble yourself and repent of your sins.

You also have to obey that command to love your neighbor. When you do that, it means you will not murder, commit adultery, steal, and lie.

Like I asked: Will not loving God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, cover everything in your reply? Is that not the great commandment Jesus gave in His teaching, the sum of what it means to be a Christian, the result of the new birth from above?