Mixing Law & Grace

beloved57

Acts 11:18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life."

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Okay I have no issue with those verses nor a clue why you posted them.

God's Truth

And you are an illiterate prig, not knowing the Bible or having ever read 2 Cor or Ephesians

2 Cor 3:7-15

"But if the ministration of death, written and engraven IN STONES, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be DONE AWAY:

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is ABOLISHED:

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart."

The Apostle Paul says.

1. The ministry of death and condemnation is written & engraved in stones. Those are the 10 commandments.

2. They had glory, but the glory of the Spirit surpasses the 10 commandments.

3. Moses had to put a veil over his face so the Israel would not see the glory of the 10 commandments fading away.

4. If Moses had not had the veil, Israel would have seen that the 10 commandments were to be abolished.

The Law (10 commandments) was abolished. Paul just said so. And he says it again.

Eph 2:14-16

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, HAVING SLAIN THE ENMITY thereby"

Paul says

1. Jesus broke down the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile.

2. The dividing wall (enmity) is the "Law of commandments"

3. Jesus abolished, in His flesh, the enmity (Law of commandments).

4. There is now no dividing wall between Jew & Gentile

5. Both Jew & Gentile are "one new man" in Christ, because He put to death the enmity (Law of commandments).

The dividing wall is the purification/ceremonial works of the law.

God's Truth

Again, you are illiterate, and lack a simple understanding of words.

I will be "judged" in the same way I judged you and by the same measure. I judged you based on what YOU say you believe, just as I will be judged by what I say I believe. Jesus judged the Pharisees for what they said they believe. Jesus called them a "child of hell". Paul judged the Judiazers for what they said they believe. Paul called them "accursed". YOU are a child of hell and accursed.

And YOU judge others based on their behavior, thus you will be judged for your behavior, and you will be found unjustified.

No such thing as Jesus saying the Pharisees are vipers for preaching obedience to him.

God's Truth

Okay I have no issue with those verses nor a clue why you posted them.

God allows Gentles to be saved through Jesus. Which proves that it isn't because they were already saved before the creation of the earth.

And, godly sorrow brings one to repent and be saved, not what you say, not, "You are already saved and now know it".

It is sorrow and repentance of sins and then salvation.

beloved57

God allows Gentles to be saved through Jesus. Which proves that it isn't because they were already saved before the creation of the earth.

And, godly sorrow brings one to repent and be saved, not what you say, not, "You are already saved and now know it".

It is sorrow and repentance of sins and then salvation.

Now the issue is with what you are saying not the verses.

Jerry Shugart

God told Peter to go to Cornelius to speak the gospel message to them BECAUSE Cornelius was a righteous, devout, God fearing man who prayed to God.

Are you insisting that Cornelius was saved when Peter went to him?

If so, how do you explain the following passage:

"And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved" (Acts 11:12-14).​

Why should anyone believe that Cornelius was already saved before Peter went to him with this verse in view? All you can say bout this verse is that "God told Peter to go to Cornelius to speak the gospel message to them BECAUSE Cornelius was a righteous, devout, God fearing man who prayed to God."

You know that the fact that Cornelius was not saved before Peter went to him completely DESTROYS your idea that before anyone can be saved he must obey the Lord Jesus. That is because when Cornelius believed the Holy Spirit fell on him:

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 10:44-45).​

Anyone with the least bit of spiritual discernment knows that Cornelius was saved based on the fact that the Holy Spirit fell upon him. Therefore, he was saved before he obeyed Christ and therefore your idea that no one can be saved apart from obeying Christ is exposed as a lie.

You should realize the truth that salvation is through faith and faith alone and fall on your knees in thankful prayer to the LORD! But instead, you deny the plain teaching of the Scriptures and continue to insist that no one can be saved without first obeying Christ. I would not want to be in your shoes when you come face to face with Him who will judge the living and the dead. In that day your prideful attitude will be wiped of your face!

You are an example as to why people who think they should study Greek are led further from the Lord.

Do you not realize that the only way that there is an English translation of the Bible is because of those who studied Greek? Anyone who has a basic understanding of English knows that the verbs in te following verse are written in the "present" tense:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

The words translated "believes"and "has" are both in the "present" tense, meaning that as soon as someone believes he has eternal life. Perhaps you think that even though a person has eternal life he is not yet saved? Is that what you believe?

Of course you did not answer that question because it is beyond question that anyone who receives eternal life is saved. The moment a person believes he is saved. And once again your teaching that no one can be saved without first obeying Christ is exposed as a big fat lie. But you will not be persuaded despite the fact that the Scriptures plainly teach that salvation comes as a result of faith and faith alone. Instead of bowing down to the LORD in thanks you try your best to presude others that salvation cannot be had except by obeying Christ. Whether you know it or not you are described perfectly in the following passage:

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" (2 Cor.1:14-15).​

If you don't have a change of mind and start believing what the Lord Jesus said here then your fate will be settled and you will end up the the lake of fire:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

OZOS

The dividing wall is the purification/ceremonial works of the law.

No, dummy, it's not. The Bible tells YOU what was abolished - THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS, just as Paul stated in 2 Cor 3 ENGRAVED IN STONE.

The fact is, you are an arrogant, hell-bound, know-nothing, who rejects the Bible, rejects the gospel, and rejects Jesus.

OZOS

Luke 13:11 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish

NOTHING in that verse hints at "repenting from sins". You are delusional at best, a demon possessed pervert*, at worst.

* I realize that there are moderators who don't know the meaning of terms, so try looking them up before you ban people. The word also appears in the Bible, and it means... "To turn from truth, propriety, or from its proper purpose; to distort from its true use or end; as, to pervert reason by misdirecting it; to pervert the laws by misinterpreting and misapplying them; to pervert justice; to pervert the meaning of an author; to pervert nature; to pervert truth."

OZOS

No such thing as Jesus saying the Pharisees are vipers for preaching obedience to him.

I never said that, dummy. He was calling them vipers because, like you, they were preaching obedience to the Law for righteousness.

beloved57

Js

"And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved" (Acts 11:12-14).

Sure he was saved before the gospel was sent to him else God would not have sent it to him!

God's Truth

No, dummy, it's not. The Bible tells YOU what was abolished - THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS, just as Paul stated in 2 Cor 3 ENGRAVED IN STONE.

The fact is, you are an arrogant, hell-bound, know-nothing, who rejects the Bible, rejects the gospel, and rejects Jesus.

The dividing wall is the purification works of the law. It is what made clean people to God, and unclean people without God. And, more proof is that the Bible says Gentiles were doing right and didn't have the law. So again, you claiming loving God and not murdering people and not committing adultery, not stealing, and not lying have been abolished is just too dumb. LOL

God's Truth

No, he still had to hear the message and believe the conditions to it.
"And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved" (Acts 11:12-14).

Why should anyone believe that Cornelius was already saved before Peter went to him with this verse in view? All you can say bout this verse is that "God told Peter to go to Cornelius to speak the gospel message to them BECAUSE Cornelius was a righteous, devout, God fearing man who prayed to God."

You know that the fact that Cornelius was not saved before Peter went to him completely DESTROYS your idea that before anyone can be saved he must obey the Lord Jesus. That is because when Cornelius believed the Holy Spirit fell on him:

How do you EVER get that Cornelius was saved before Peter went there and told him the gospel of forgiveness of sins through Jesus?

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 10:44-45).

Anyone with the least bit of spiritual discernment knows that Cornelius was saved based on the fact that the Holy Spirit fell upon him. Therefore, he was saved before he obeyed Christ and therefore your idea that no one can be saved apart from obeying Christ is exposed as a lie.

Good grief, Cornelius did right things even before Peter came and it is WHY GOD SENT PETER TO CORNELIUS.

You should realize the truth that salvation is through faith and faith alone and fall on your knees in thankful prayer to the LORD! But instead, you deny the plain teaching of the Scriptures and continue to insist that no one can be saved without first obeying Christ. I would not want to be in your shoes when you come face to face with Him who will judge the living and the dead. In that day your prideful attitude will be wiped of your face!

You are hindering yourself and others who believe what you say. You are the one who should fear, not me who preaches to do what Jesus says to do.

Do you not realize that the only way that there is an English translation of the Bible is because of those who studied Greek? Anyone who has a basic understanding of English knows that the verbs in te following verse are written in the "present" tense:
You can know ten languages and have translated the Bible in those languages and have even read the Bible front to back a hundred times and thousands of times the same scriptures AND STILL NOT BE SAVED or know the truth.

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

The words translated "believes"and "has" are both in the "present" tense, meaning that as soon as someone believes he has eternal life. Perhaps you think that even though a person has eternal life he is not yet saved? Is that what you believe?

You aren’t reading my posts are you?
You want to be an apologist but you don’t even read your opponent’s posts is pathetic.

I am going to tell you something extremely important, again, so pay attention:

When Jesus had his earthly ministry---HE CAME TO THE JEWS WHO ALREADY REPENTED OF THEIR SINS, they were ALREADY CHILDREN of God who REPENTED of their sins---NOW they had to go through Jesus TO remain God’s. They had to BELIEVE THAT.
They ALREADY DID GOOD BY REPENTING OF THEIR SINS, and NOW THEY HAD TO BELIEVE.
Remember John the baptizer having people repent of their sins preparing the way for the Lord?
Remember after John was put in prison, JESUS PREACHED to repent or perish?
That shows you that the JEWS who repented DID RIGHT AND NOW THEY HAD TO BELIEVE in Jesus.

Of course you did not answer that question because it is beyond question that anyone who receives eternal life is saved. The moment a person believes he is saved. And once again your teaching that no one can be saved without first obeying Christ is exposed as a big fat lie. But you will not be persuaded despite the fact that the Scriptures plainly teach that salvation comes as a result of faith and faith alone. Instead of bowing down to the LORD in thanks you try your best to presude others that salvation cannot be had except by obeying Christ. Whether you know it or not you are described perfectly in the following passage:
"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" (2 Cor.1:14-15).

If you don't have a change of mind and start believing what the Lord Jesus said here then your fate will be settled and you will end up the the lake of fire:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

You are preaching that I am condemned for preaching to obey Jesus by repenting of sins and believing on him to be saved. You don’t know what you sound like condemning me for that?