Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

beloved57

Yes. Repentance and Faith are gifts from God in the New Birth;
not works of the flesh as a condition to becoming saved.

Amen, they accompany Salvation Heb 6:9

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

I believe here the witer is referring to the Salvation that results from the Sanctification of the Spirit as per 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

So Faith and Repentance are the Fruit of the Spirit's Work of Sanctification which I believe also is the New Birth !

beloved57

What does Jesus mean by water ?

What does Jesus mean by water ?

Jn 3:3-8

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

What is it to be born of water ? I believe its just a restating of Vs 6 and 8b

In other words being born of the water and the Spirit is just one birth stated in two terms; for example the water of the Spirit , or the Spiritual Water Jn 7:37-39

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Hence the Spirit has properties as water , like the washing of Regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And of course there is the water of the Word Eph 5:26

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

The word here is the spoken or preached word , the rhema. The word of God has properties as that of water to cleanse our way ! Ps 119:9

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

The Word of God, the Truth of God is an Agent for Cleansing and Sanctification in the Hands of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

beloved57

Believers are the Seed of David also !

Believers are the Seed of David also !

2 Tim 2:8

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

If Christ is of the Seed of David, then So is His Body the Church, because Christ and His Church are One !

Remember as Per Gal 3:29 those who belong to Christ are Abraham's Seed or the Seed of Abraham, Well also those who belong to Christ are David's Seed or of the Seed of David. Matt 1:1

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Now why is this so important to realize ? Its important because of God's Promises to David and his Seed, which does typify Christ and His Seed. Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David[Type of Christ] my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Now Listen, God hath made a Promise to David, a Type of Christ, that He shall establish his Seed forever. Now that would be Christ's Seed, since again David here is a type of Christ, and Christ's Seed is seen here Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

So the Promise here in Ps 89:4

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Is Pertaining to the Seed seen here Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The same Goes for Ps 89:29-37; This also applies to the Seed of Christ Isa 53:10

See Isa 55:3; Acts 13:34 Sure Mercies of David !

You see, as with Abraham, all the gracious Salvation promises God makes to the Seed of David or of Abraham, is due to their Election in Christ and union with Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 and so it is written in 2 Cor 1:19-21

19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

20 For all the promises of God[To the Fathers, Abraham, David] in him[Christ] are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

That word stablisheth Vs 21 looks back to the Promise here Ps 89:4

Paul as well as the Corinthian Believers were David's Seed there which typified Christ and His Seed, and according to God's Promise there, Paul states that it was God that stablisheth them [apostles and helpers] with the believers there, For they were all the Seed of David as they all are the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29 because they all belong to Christ, in whom all the Promises are Amen to the Glory of God through Him !

beloved57

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !

Lk 1:17

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Now exactly what does make ready a people prepared for the Lord mean ?

The text here is speaking of John the Baptist, and what exactly was his ministry of lord about ? Remember that his ministry was of God from heaven Mk 11:29-30

And his ministry was unto repentance Matt 3:1-8,11

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John's Ministry was for those who had been made sensible to their sins, so they were sin sensible Vs 5-6

These people by the work of the Spirit in them were confessing their sins, so they were made sin sensible ! That's why Jesus said once before Matt 9:13

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Now we knowtechnically all men without exception are sinners by nature, however it is also true that not all men are sensible of being a wreteched sinner.

Remember Jesus said to the church of Laodicea Rev 3:17

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

See, they did not know or were sensible to their sinnership and wretchedness before God and Christ !

You see these in Matt 3:5-6 are the type of sinners Jesus means in Matt 9:13, because those kind are prepared to believe on Him for Salvation, remember Johns message to the sensible sinners who were confessing their sins Per Matt 3:5-6, was that he pointed them to Christ Matt 3:11

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Jn 1:26-29

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Acts 19:3-4

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

beloved57

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !2

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !2

Then remember the sacred story of Luke 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Now both of these men were sinners before God, The Publican and the Pharisee, but which one of the Two men was a sensible sinner ? If you picked he in Vs 13 you are correct, for this man is a man prepared made ready for the Lord. Such a Person receives the Good News of the Person and Work of Christ for sinners with Joy.

It is said by some false witnesses that Christ as Saviour is offered as a Gift to everyone, but some men do not want Him, folks that is a most devilish lie uttered from a deceived persons mouth, the scriptures know of nothing like that; You see the Gospel as a word of Salvation is sent to men and women who have been prepared and made ready by the Spirit to receive it, to embrace it, for they have a Holy Ghost wrought sin conscienceness within, for why do you think Jesus said that when He is come, the Holy Spirit sent in His Name to effect and apply His Redemptive work "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, " to all for whom Christ died, and that He would to them what ? Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

And Vs 9 states why He convinces them of sin, because they are unbelievers until He reveals Christ in them J n 16:14

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Basically in Vs 8-9 the Spirit makes them whom Christ died for sensible sinners Like Lk 8:13, then reveals to them Christ !

Whats Christ's in Vs 14 is made known to them because what's His is theirs also, His Righteousness is theirs and His Satisfaction to God's Law and Justice is theirs, He is their propitiation 1 Jn 2:2 !

beloved57

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !3

To make ready a people prepared for the Lord !3

So in other words, the Spirit of Christ performs a role similar to that of John the Baptist in that the Spirit prepares / makes ready Spiritually the soul for whom Christ died and Justified before God, He makes them ready to hear and believe the Gospel of their Salvation, by giving them New Hearts of flesh and taking away hearts of stone Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

By this also He makes them sensible of their sins Matt 3:6 then God sends them the Gospel Message with tidings of peace Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

The Apostles were the sent ones with the Good News to sensible sinners. They were a savor of life unto life 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Those sinners that were prepared by the Spirit, made alive by Him as Per Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

God tends the Gospel to them to be a Savor of Life and Peace.

Now think about it, what sensible sinner, confessing their sins, will not be desirous of a Saviour from sin ? That is the most ridiculous thing ever heard; That wold be like a person who is physically hungry for something to eat as the beggar in the story Lk 16:20-21

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

It would be like this beggar Lazaruz refusing to a buffet style dinner free from the rich man , now who can fanthom that in their right mind ??

That's why Peter writes that Christ is being Precious to them believing 1 Pet 2:7

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

That's why Jesus calls these Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

That's because they are sinners made ready and prepared for Him by the Spirit of God !

beloved57

The objects of Redemption by Christ ?

The objects of Redemption by Christ ?

Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The false conception these days is that God purposed to redeem the whole world without exception through Christ, but that has never been the case at all.

The objects of redemption are given us here in this passage in Vs 4 Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The objects of God's Redemption are those Chosen in Christ. The Chosen !

They are the Israel of God Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

This refers to this Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ps 130:8

And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

That verse refers to Eph 1:7

Ps 111:9

He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

This refers to Eph 1:7

Ps 130:7

Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

This refers to Eph 1:7 which refers to God's Special Chosen People here Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Redemption is a Spiritual Blessing through Christ, to God's Chosen Spiritual Israel , the Church !

beloved57

In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified

In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified

Isa 45:24-25

24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Now exactly who is the seed of offspring of Israel that shall be Justified in the Lord, meaning of course, the Lord Jesus Christ, for their is Justification/Salvation in no other name Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation/justification in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved/justified.

Justified in the name of the Lord 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The same Lord as in Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

For there is Justification in no other besides Christ, pre and post Cross, The OT Church looked forward to the Cross of Christ, typified by their sacrifices, and the NT Church looks back to the Cross of Christ.

Now the Seed of Israel here in our text Isa 45:25 is all and everyone Justified by or through Faith, which is the seed and or children of Abraham. Paul enlightens us here about the Justified Gal 3:7-8

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen[Abraham's Seed] through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Also here Rom 3:29-30

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

It is these, both Abraham's Children of Faith from amongst the jews and the gentiles Justified by Faith that the Promise of Isa 45:24-25 pertains to, Israel !

The Mystery had been that the Israel here in Isa 45:25 was made up of not jews by ethnicity, but it was comprised of men and women of all ethnicities of Abraham's Seed, it was a Spiritual ethnicity.

The word ethnic means:

pertaining to or characteristic of a people, especially a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

The common characteristic of this ethnicity is Faith. Remember when Peter wrote 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

We can argue all we we want that Peter was writing to saved jews, that could have been, but it would have to be saved jews Justified by Faith, and the Letter could have been sent to other people of Faith amongst the Gentiles, for instance, it could have been read by Cornelius and his brethren who also received the Gospel from the Mouth of Peter See Acts 10. In other words, the Letter was appropriate for any with Like Precious Faith as Peter had been given !

The Israel of Isa 45:25 is the totality of Abraham's Family Justified by Faith, that's the culture, religion, common language they share, Faith in Christ whom only is Justification found.

In fact, OT Israel of the flesh could only be called that because they typtified and contained a small remnant of the Israel/ Abraham's Seed according to Faith, who were the only True Heirs of Promise amongst them in Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's,[In the Faith] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Other than that, they were never worthy of such a Name as Israel, as Paul stated of them Acts 13:45-46

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

beloved57

Repentance Granted to the Justified !

Repentance Granted to the Justified !

Remember the story Jesus told of these Two Lk 18:10-14

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Now let us notice that man which Jesus said went down to house Justified, rather than the other.

It was the publican of Vs 13 Now many will automatically jump to the conclusion that this publican was Justified because of what he did in Vs 13, how ever if that was the case, his case and or thinking was no different from that of the Pharisee who recited the things he did or did not do in Vs 11-12

You know what, we are all that Pharisee by nature !

Now first of all, the word Justified in Vs 14 as it pertained to the publican , its the word δικαιόω and means:

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

And its a Perfect Passive Participle verb , meaning he was Justified in the past once and for all with results evidencing into the present !

You see the publican was under a real sense of his wretchedness and unworthiness, and his prayer was only in the Hope of God's Sovereign mercy, because as it is written Rom 9:15

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

God's Mercy cannot be claimed as due to anyone, its unmerited, and at the disposal of God's Sovereignty, so his prayer was only in hope, and not in conceit and self assurance, his thought was not that of a conditione he is performing or a meritorious act of his in any sense, in fact it evidenced a spirit of helplessness, if God does not hear him.

When he went back to his house, he had no ideal he was Justified, declared Righteous before God, that's what the Gospel would inform him of though. The point is this, The man was Justified before he went to the Temple to pray. His coming to the temple to pray for him evidenced he had been given by the Spirit of God, the spirit of Grace and Supplications Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

That word supplications means:supplication for favour, humble entreaty or petition; prayer

Now if the publican was not already justified before he came to the Temple to pray, the argument can be made that he also was trusting in himself, his own humility, as the Pharisee was in his self righteousness in Lk 18:11-12.

But alas, the Truth of the matter is this, all for whom Christ died and made Righteous Rom 5:19, shall at one time or other receive the Spirit of Grace and Supplication as per Zech 12:10, for the Just shall live by Faith !

beloved57

Received the promise of the Spirit through Faith !

Received the promise of the Spirit through Faith !

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All for whom Christ died, are redeemed from the curse of the Law, not by their faith or believing in Him, but solely through Him, His Death, in order that they receive the blessing of Abraham, which is the Spirit, through Faith. Yes, you may say, but they receive it[The Spirit] through Faith; Yes that's right but what does Faith mean here ? It means through Christ, Christ here is being called Faith. For did it not say in the same verse " That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ"

In fact Faith refers to Christ two other times in this passage Vs 23,25

23 But before faithv[Christ] came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

25 But after that faith[Faith] is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

That the Blessing of Abraham [The Spirit] might come upon the Gentiles [His Seed] through Christ. The word through is the prep en and means:

I.in, by, with etc. The word here serves to denote instrumentality medially , meaning:a means of effecting or conveying something,the means of transmission of a force or effect .

So through Christ, the Blessing of Abraham, which is the Spirit, comes on the Gentiles. Now lets look at the words Come onas in come on the Gentiles. Its the word ginomai and means:

I.
to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

II.
to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
A.
of events

III.
to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
A.
of men appearing in public

IV.
to be made, finished
A.
of miracles, to be performed, wrought

V.
to become, be made

It denotes that something is being effected or wrought on them or in them mediated by Jesus Christ.

The blessing of Abraham, the Spirit is wrought upon, performed upon the Gentiles by Jesus Christ. Christ's Faithfulness is the cause of it. This is what God means when He said to Abraham centuries before Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

The Blessing is the Spirit ! Christ in them the Hope of Glory Col 1:27

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

How is Christ in one ? By His Spirit ! To all for whom He died He is made unto them 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit [medially].

beloved57

Received the promise of the Spirit through Faith ! 2

Received the promise of the Spirit through Faith ! 2

The Lord Jesus Christ, when exalted to the Right Hand of God, Received from Him the Promise of the Spirit, to pour out on His Seed and the Seed of Abraham Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Now Christ receives the Promise of the Spirit, because He by His Death has redeemed from the curse of the Law them He died for Gal 3:13-14, now its time to for them to receive the Promise of the Spirit through Faith !

Now lets find a scripture related to the Spirit being poured out Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing[of Abraham] upon thine offspring:

Now who is the Chosen servant here ? Lets read Isa 49:1-6

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

The Chosen Servant Israel is Jesus Christ, so the promise back in Isa 44:3 is to Christ and His Seed, which He died for and redeemed Isa 53:10

So the blessing of Abraham, the promise of the Spirit through Christ is poured on and received by both jews and gentiles who belong to Christ's Spiritual Seed, who are also the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, because Christ is also Abraham's Spiritual Seed Gal 3:16.

So Gentile Believers as well as Jewish Believers are the Seed of Abraham through Christ Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's[Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16], then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And this is the result of Gal 3:13, Christ's redemptive death, redeeming all for whom He died from the curse of the Law, So life, Spiritual Life is owed them on the Merits of what Christ did for them, this Life is through His Spirit giving them New Birth or Regeneration.

beloved57

Who is it that Really Believes the Truth of God ?

Who is it that Really Believes the Truth of God ?

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

The answer is " as many as were ordained to eternal life believed"

And some believe not, because they are not of this group, which of course are the same as His Sheep. Remember Jesus said why some did not Believe Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

So quite reasonably His Sheep and those who have been appointed to Eternal Life are the same.

They would also be the as many as here Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

So only those who had been ordained to Eternal Life in the Eternal Purpose and Counsel of God in Christ truly believes. 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

Born in the same Resurrection Together !

Born in the same Resurrection Together !

Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This word firstborn prōtotokos. Its used of Christ's Resurrection:

Col 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Now recall that Paul writes this Eph 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Now what does all this mean ? It means this, the Lord Jesus Christ, who by the way is the elder brother of all for whom He died, and when He rose from the dead for them, He is the Firstborn Col 1:18, The Firstborn from the dead, all for whom He represented [The Many Brethren], when He died, they also were represented by Him when He rose from the dead as the Firstborn, so they rose together with Him in His Resurrection, making them with Him Co Firstborns/Heirs [Rom 8:17], by His Resurrection from the dead, all were in Him in His Resurrection; and so through His Resurrection they must also be begotten from the dead Spiritually 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This confirms they were in Him and were raised up together with Him Eph 2:6 in His Resurrection from the dead as the Firstborn.

In the Resurrection of Christ, Him being Begotten from the dead by the Father Ps 2:7

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Well, Christ, the Firstborn, the Begotten Son of Ps 2:7 and those He represented, the Many Brethren, whose sin He bore, are of One Father Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

So when He was begotten from the dead ,So were they, and their being begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead as Per 1 Pet 1:3, is proof and evidence of that fact, and if that does not be the case, Rom 8:29 is not True, for 1 Pet 1:3 to be True, Rom 8:29 must be True, the one is the effect of the other !

beloved57

The Will of God be done !

The Will of God be done !

Acts 21:8-14

8 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

10 And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.

11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

12 And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.

13 Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

14 And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

Have you ever attempted to persuade someone and they would not be persuaded ? That was the Will of God being done.

The word persuaded is the word peithō and means :

to induce one by words to believe:

to persuade unto i.e. move or induce one to persuasion to do something To convince .

If that has been your experience, their being unpersuadable is nothing but the Will of the Lord being done. It is what He has determined for that issue.

This is Illustrated by the prophecy of the daughters of Philip of what they prophesied about Paul.

The prohet agabus began to warn and prevent Paul from making the Journey, but seeing Paul was not persuaded, he understood that God's Will had determined that Paul meet up with those bonds.

Afflictions of all types have been appointed to us by God 1 Thess 3:3

That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.:

A.to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

What this Illustration shows is the Truth of Prov 19:21

21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

beloved57

What is the blessing of Abraham ?

This is a Gospel Promise. Remember God's first recorded promise/message to Abraham Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

For Paul mentions it as the Gospel Preached to Abraham here Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The word preached here is proeuaggelizomai and it means:

I.to announce or promise glad tidings beforehand

What is the Promise ? That God would Justify the heathen [gentiles] through Faith, and in that, all the families of the Earth shall be Blessed !

Now Paul also alludes to the Blessing of Abraham Promise here Gal 3:14

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Now here in Vs 14 the Blessing is clearly seen to be the Spirit, for it takes the Spirit to give Faith, because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22; However we find in addition to that, it [the blessing of Abraham] meant something else, and Peter mentions it here Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.[Gen 12:3; Gal 3:8]

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

So the Promised Blessing is through that Promised Seed of Abraham, Christ, that He would turn everyone of them [He died for] from their iniquities, meaning that He would see to it that they are converted to God. Its similar as to what the Type of Christ David said here Ps 51:13

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.,

Yes that sinners shall be converted back to God through Abraham's Seed Christ Gal 3:8,16, for that is the Blessing of Abraham to all Nations !

For Peter unknowingly stated it here for the Gentiles Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

For at the time Peter preached this, he was under the impression that it only pertained to Elect Jews of His Countrymen, However the more enlightened Paul knew that it meant as well Gentiles who were chosen also Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Conversion or Justification by Faith is the Promised blessing of Abraham here Gen 12:3

Both Elect Jew and Gentile were promised to be Justified by Faith as the Blessing of Abraham Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. According to Promise Gal 3:8

Now if all for whom Christ died, the Seed of Abraham, are not converted to God and Justified by Faith, then the Promise of God to Abraham Gen 12:3 and Acts 3:25-26 comes to nought, it failed ! But I do not believe it failed today, for I believe all the seed shall be converted to God and Justified by Faith !

beloved57

Owed Life 2 !

Owed Life 2 !

What's not understood by religionists today regarding the consequences of Christ's Death for all whom He died, His Death for them was the doing away of the Death they owed to God's Law and Justice as it pertains to Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Its a but there because a reversal has taken place. His dying for those He did die for was for them a doing away of sins punishment, in other words God no longer has any just cause to send them to hell, no not for anything, not even unbelief. If God was to send to hell anyone Christ died for, for unbelief, then He would be sending them to hell for what sin caused. The Lord Jesus Christ sacrifice took away the sin of the World Jn 1:29, and what that means is this, all the sins of all for whom He died, going all the way back to here Rom 5:15-16

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Listen, Christ's Death covers and takes away, not only their first offence in Adam, but all the abundance of sins following that one. You see Adam's sin just started the ball rolling, and from it sprung the many sins of each individual He represented at the Creation, and so the point is Chris's death cancelled out all of that, to the point that not even the first offence or trespass in Adam can stand against them, that's why it is written of them 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

That's because of Divine Justice for them being perfectly satisfied ! A reversal has taken place, and now God has absolutely no reason to punish anyone Christ died for; In fact if God was to punish anyone Christ died for , for anything, He has perverted Justice !!

For the Righteous shall not be condemned with the unrighteous or wicked. Anyone not being charged with sin against them by God is Righteous !

Thos who God does not impute sin unto is Him saying they are Vindicated:

to clear, as from an accusation, imputation, suspicion, or the like: to vindicate someone's honor.

to afford justification for; justify: Subsequent events vindicated his policy.

Folks there is nothing else for God to do unto those Christ died for but give them Life from the dead to give evidence of their righteous standing, to vindicate why Sin cannot be Imputed to them. They must be made Righteous experimentally by New Birth, and so it would be unjust of God to Punish anyone Christ died for, yes even for unbelief ! This is something the religionists do not understand and cannot receive.

beloved57

God controls Our Choices !

God controls Our Choices !

Prov 16:1

The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

One of the Two things here that is declared "Is from the Lord" is the preparations of the heart of man.

That word perparations means:

I.arrangement, plan, preparation:

I.to arrange, set or put or lay in order, set in array, prepare, order, ordain, handle, furnish, esteem, equal, direct, compare

And by Heart is meant:

iv.mind, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory

v.inclination, resolution, determination (of will)

This is the same as what Jeremiah teaches Jer 10:23

23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

All of mans thinking, willing, choosing, planning, resolutions, are Governed and disposed by the Purpose or counsel of the Lord.

Prov 19:21

21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

That word devices means:

I.thought, device

A.thought

B.device, plan, purpose

C.invention

See how this corresponds with Prov 16:1 ? All this denotes God's Sovereignty over man's mind and heart.

This is a truth about God that the natural man cannot receive !

For instance in Joshua we have this imperative given Josh 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Whatever choice each person made here with their mind, after thinking and reflecting, and then resolutely making the choice in their heart to serve God or not, all of that was of the Lord, He governed it all !

Nanja

beloved57
Whatever choice each person made here with their mind, after thinking and reflecting, and then resolutely making the choice in their heart to serve God or not, all of that was of the Lord, He governed it all !

The scriptures do teach that God is Sovereign over all, and that His determined counsel will be done.
Man in his pride may glory in his own self-will, but it is God Who prepares their hearts to fulfill His Purpose;
and so consequently even the words they speak are indicative of how God has prepared their hearts:

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good;
and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:
for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Psalm 24:3-4 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Because every man by nature is born with a wicked heart (Jer. 17:9),
the only way one has a pure heart is if God gives it to him (Ezek. 36:26).

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

The scriptures do teach that God is Sovereign over all, and that His determined counsel will be done.
Man in his pride may glory in his own self-will, but it is God Who prepares their hearts to fulfill His Purpose;
and so consequently even the words they speak are indicative of how God has prepared their hearts:

Absolutely, and some He prepared them for and are fitting them for destruction, as Vessels of Wrath Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Because they shall give an account in the coming Day of Judgment Matt 12:36-37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Everytime we type a word in this forum about the things of God, they are our words proceeding from our heart.

Because every man by nature is born with a wicked heart (Jer. 17:9),
the only way one has a pure heart is if God gives it to him (Ezek. 36:26).

But you know what nanja ? Even before our New Birth we have a Pure Heart by Imputation, Christ's Pure Heart has been Imputed to all for whom He represented. Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Blessed is the son of man whose sin Lord Jehovah will not account to him, and there is no deceit in his heart.

Then of course I believe we are given one experientially in the New Birth !

Nanja

beloved57
Everytime we type a word in this forum about the things of God, they are our words proceeding from our heart.

Of a truth!

beloved57
But you know what nanja ? Even before our New Birth we have a Pure Heart by Imputation, Christ's Pure Heart has been Imputed to all for whom He represented. Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Blessed is the son of man whose sin Lord Jehovah will not account to him, and there is no deceit in his heart.

Then of course I believe we are given one experientially in the New Birth !

Amen. "there is no deceit in his heart".
Thanks for pointing that out!

Thank God for the Blood of Christ!

~~~~~