Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

The Gift of Righteousness !2

The Gift of Righteousness !2

This Righteousness is a Gift received by all whom Christ died for. Now understand this, that this Gift of Righteousness is theirs for them doing nothing, but for sinning. Yes, thats what qualified them to receive this Gift of Righteousness, their disobedience, for this is what is meant by , blessed are those whom God imputed Righteousness without works Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, or without them doing anything !

Thats what a Gift is here Rom 5:17.

All, everyone without exception that Christ tasted Death for Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Now by that Grace of God, those He tasted Death for shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

In other words, the Obedience of Christ here in Rom 5:19 is synonymous with the Death tasted in Heb 2:9 !

Phil 2:8 its the obedience unto death !

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Yes, now that death, and the death of Heb 2:9 and the obedience of Rom 5:19 all are the same, so the results are the same as that of Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So you see, those He died for Heb 2:9 did nothing, no obedience of their own, to receive the Gift of Righteusness Imputed to their Account before God's Law and Justice.

This truth is driven home by Paul's teaching in Rom 5:19. Take notice, as by One man's disobedience, that man being Adam, many were made sinners ! Now notice, those being made sinners did not act in and of themselves. The word made here Paul uses means to constitute and implies legal imputation, and it was in this way first that the many were made sinners; and so likewise with the One Man's obedience, who is Christ and His Death Phil 2:8 the Many shall be constituted by legal imputation Righteous. The First legal imputation because of what adam did, was the wages of sin, but the second legal imputation because of what Christ did, was the Gift of God Rom 6:23 through what Christ did. Just as in adam the constituting was done without any act done by themselves, and so it is with God's Imputation with of Righteousness without any of our doings,,acts or Works Rom 4:6 !

I am preaching the Gospel of God's Grace !

beloved57

The as many as !

The as many as !

Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Those given to Christ in Election Eph 1:4, Chosen in Him, are the ones here designated by Jesus Jesus as the "as many as" thouh hast given me, as He Prays to His Father in the contemplation of His finishing the Work Jn 17:4 followed by His subsequent Resurrection and ascension to the Right Hand of God, whereas it is also written of His Resurrection, this Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Now notice how Paul in this refers to the Second Psalm 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Now look at Vs 8, what the Father stated to the Son after His Resurrection [begotten] and ascension:

"Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession."

That or those heathen here are the same as those Christ's prays about here in Jn 17:2, they have been given to Him as His Inheriance and to whom He gives Eternal Life to.

Now back in the Acts 13 :33 context in Acts 13:38-39

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Hence after His Resurrection, Paul preaches or announces to those hearing the forgiveness of sins !

Thats because thats a sure Mercy for God's Inheritance People Micah 7:18

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Remember Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The word heritage Micah 7:18 is the same word Inheritance/possession in Ps 2:8

Remember Jesus also said in Jn 17 as He prayed to the Father about those given Him, He says of them specifically Jn 17:9-10

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Now so the word heritage in Micah 7:18 where the heritage is said to what ?

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

That is, have their sins forgiven, and so that is why Paul Preached to some of them [the elect remnant] this Acts 13:38-39

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

And don't forget, that those same words were to be preached to the Gentiles the Next Sabbath Acts 13:42

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Because the Heathen [Gentile Elect] were His Inheritance / Heritage also per Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

So to them also needs to be Preached the Forgiveness of sins !

And that is who the as many as are in Jn 17:2, for with the forgiveness of sins comes Eternal Life !

beloved57

Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom

Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom

1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

The word wisdom here is the greek word sophia and means here:

[revealed to us a knowledge of the divine plan of salvation previously hidden, manifesting itself as]

It means like what Paul wrote here to Timothy 2 Tim 3:15

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

The Lord Jesus shall make us wise unto Salvation, if we are ones that have been Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4.

God the Father placed us in Him [Christ] 1 Cor 1:30 for that is what Paul means by the words "But because of Him are ye in Christ Jesus"

We were put in Him by God's Electing Grace, look at the verses leading up to Vs 30 in Vs 27-28

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

They mention God's Choice of us Eph 1:4. Now in being Chosen in Christ, God made Him unto us Wisdom, He makes us wise unto Salvation, He gives us a right Knowledge of God Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Lets look at some more verses about wisdom. One of things Wisdom is from Christ to us is this Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Ps 34:11

11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

This is similar to Prov 8:32

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

The Elect are Wisdom's Children Lk 7:35

But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Christ is the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Wisdom's Children were Chosen in Him Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Christ teaches His Children the Fear of the Lord, and to depart from evil is understanding !

The Fear of the Lord is a Covenant Blessing out of His Blood Jer 32:40

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Yes the New Covenant in His Blood Matt 26:28, enures for all whom He died, they receive the Fear of the Lord in their hearts, neither shall they depart from Him, and the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom Ps 111:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

And Christ made unto us of God, is the Beginning of our Wisdom and of our Fear of the Lord !

beloved57

A True Christian can sin and does not sin !

A True Christian can sin and does not sin !

Is this a contradiction ? How is it a True Christian, Born of God can sin and not sin ? The Believer is composed of Two distinct men, the old man which constituted him out of adam, or out of the corruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Notice closely here. Peter tells believers, that they had been born AGAIN !

This means, born a new, from a different source this time, not corruptible adam that sinned in the garden that proved he was corruptible, but this time you have been born out of the Incorruptible Seed, Jesus Christ, the Logos of God !

Now, this Man born of Incorruptble seed is distinct from the man they are out of adam, Yes, two distinct births for two distinct men !

This is the Man that Cannot Sin, because it is born of God. 1 Jn 3:9

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Now understand something here, John is speaking of those only who have been born again of incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23 whe he writes here :"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin"

He is not speaking of or about the man the Christian is in his first birth out of corruptible seed adam !

Now even though that New Man born of God, Born out of Incorruptible Seed cannot sin, and does not sin, but keepeth himself as per 1 Jn 5:18

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Even though he cannot sin, sadly, while here in the flesh, the old man, their lives though distinct, are nevertheless commingle together . Thats why Paul says Gal 5:17

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

With the flesh, the believer still serves the law of sin Rom 7:25

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

This has to be a Believer speaking, because an unbeliever[in the flesh] cannot serve the Law of God. Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So a True Born again Believer can say with Honesty that He does not sin, and that he cannot claim to be without sin 1 Jn 1:8

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

When the Believer does sin, he is the only one in the world that can say this Rom 7::16-20

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

beloved57

New Covenant Circumcision !

New Covenant Circumcision !

Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

What is New Covenant Circumcision ? It is the Circumcision of Christ, who is the Surety of the New Covenant Heb 7:22, Matt 26:28, and all for whom He died, the Covenant Children, they do all receive sovereignly the circumcision of Christ. This is because He died for a Covenant People, and as in type, the old covenant people were circumcised, so it is in antitype with the New Covenant People; Their New Birth is their Circumcision, for what Circumcision means and did symbolize under the Old Covenant is this:

since by the rite of circumcision a man was separated from the unclean world and dedicated to God,

Now under the Circumcision of Christ, that is what His Death actually effects Spiritually for all the Children of the Covenant, for this proves and makes manifest that they are Children of the Covenant; Remember Peter preach this in Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Remember the Covenant Promise God made to Abraham here Gen 17:1-8, which was premised from here Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now if you notice, both mention the nations/gentiles, and so does Peter here in Acts 3:25; but notice that at this particular time with Peter, his audience is jewish; but little did he at the time understand that gentiles were included in that promise. Now remember when Paul makes the same statement or quote of Gen 12:3, He applied it to the Gentiles Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen[Gentiles] through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So Peter applied it to jews, and Paul unto Gentiles; so what does that tell us ? It informs us that Gentiles also were the Children of the Prophets and of the Covenant; You see it does not refer to physical children of the prophets, but spiritual children, Children of Promise; And so by being Spiritual Covenant People, they must receive Spiritual Circumcision as the Identification of being Covenant Children; and Believing in Christ, which takes Spiritual Circumcision is the Identification of belonging to Abraham's Spiritually Circumcised Children. Gal 3:7,29

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Heirs according to Promise are what Peter means here Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

beloved57

I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live

I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live

Ezk 16:6,8

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

In Vs 6 the word live is the Hebrew word chayah and means:

I.to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive, be restored to life or health

ii.to quicken, revive

This is basically the OT Type of Eph 2:4-6

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

There comes a time in every Elect sinners life, those only who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 & Eph 2:5, while they are lying dead in trespasses and sins, without spiritual life in them , and alienated from the Life of God, that Christ says to them with His Quickening Voice, Live ! That is He gives them Life from the dead, His Spiritual Seed. 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Understand, when the Lord Jesus Christ Himself was quickened from the dead as per 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

He rose as the quickener of His Body the Church, and shall quicken each member of it as He himself was quickened as their Head and Surety, so His quickening was theirs !

They, as their quickened Head was quickened out of death for them, they must be experimentally be quicken out of the dead , and its according to a time of Love as the Prophet writes Ezk 16:8

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

The same motive for quickening in Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Why wouldn't God give Life from the dead to someone He had Great Loved for and had the Power to do it ? Remember Lazarus, it was said of him that Jesus Loved him. Jn 11:32-36

32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

If God so Loved us, He applies that Love resulting in our Living, and that Eternally. God's Love is a Love in action and deed, as it is with them Born of Him 1 Jn 3:16-18

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

There must be when in our power, an application of Love resulting in a need being met. For if God just loved us, and never applied that Love in deed and action, while we are dead in sin, helpless and without strength, then what good does it do ? Its like seeing a brother in need, and saying we loved them, then neglecting giving that which would meet that need. If you saw someone You had Great Love for, Dead, without Life, and you had the Power to give them Life from the dead, but you did not, how much did you really love them ? For it benefits no one merely to Give Christ to dead sinners Jn 3:16, if it does not result in them dead sinners living Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

beloved57

Propitiation !

Propitiation !

The word propitiation means satisfaction, appeasement, denoting that God's wrath against sin, which is transgression of the Law 1 Jn 3:4 and Rom 5:14, which to be appeased denotes Justice, that Justice has been met and satisfied for transgressions . Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

And this satisfaction was accomplished in the Body of Christ, that is on the account of His Death [for our sins] 1 Jn 4:10

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Now how men can with a straight face, teach that men and women in unbelief, whom Christ was wounded for their Transgressions Isa 53:5, how can they even begin to teach that as unbelievers/enemies, they are being under God's Wrath as Per Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Notice, its not that God's wrath will in the future abide on them, but that it is now in their present abiding on them ! The word abideth is the greek word meno and means:

I.to remain, abide,a.to continue to be present and it is in the present indicative, active ! So they falsely teach, that those for whom Christ died, and appeased His Wrath for, are nevertheless abiding under God's wrath now in unbelief !

The problem with this false teaching is this, those whom God's wrath has been propitiated for by the Death of His Son, God has absolutely no reason whatsoever to have them under His Wrath, None ! This because the sacrifice of Christ has removed all their transgressions from the Face of God's Law and Justice, as far as the East is friim the West Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

This is so much so that they are without blame before God, without fault, no violations or charges are against them, a clean slate as though they never transgressed.

It cannot be even charged against them, unbelief, because that is merely a result of sin against God's Law. This is true because it was the disobedience of one [adam] that many became sinners, transgressors unto condemnation Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. and this disobedience is unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The word here unbelief is also translated disobedience See Eph 2:2;5:6. But now that the Law's demands have been met, satisfied for them by the Body of Christ [His Death], there is no violation of the law to consequence unbelief or disobedience as per Rom 5:19;11:32.

So unbelief as Per Jn 3:36 cannot be an occasion for them to be under God's wrath. God's wrath is against transgressions of the Law Eph 5:6

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

The only way God's wrath can justly come upon or be upon any for whom Christ died, God would have to altogether discount, ignore, what Christ's death accomplished for them with Him by His Propitiation and blood, and something else needs to be done unto God's satisfaction, for His wrath against them is totally appeased and satisfied !

Last edited:

beloved57

Propitiation ! 2

Propitiation ! 2

Now either God's Wrath is propitiated / satisfied, appeased for those Christ died for , or its not, no middle ground. Now by Christ's blood propitiation for our sins, that is if we are sheep and He died for us, it took away the whole sin issue that occasioned God's wrath in the first place; and that's what John the Baptist meant and points to here Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world The World in Adam is meant, and not that which was in the serpent !

So in all actuality God has no reason whatsoever to have under wrath anyone Christ died for, for the issue with them is as though they never sinned, and they stand before Him even more perfect and complete as ever before in adam even before we sinned in him.

Its like this, if any sinner that Christ died for, He having satisfied to the fullest, all of God's Righteous requirements of His Holiness and Glory, for them, and for God to still for any reason have any of them under His Wrath Jn 3:36; Rom 1:18 even as unbelievers, then His wrath upon them is for nothing ! And God would be Unjust for that, because it would be like God putting Adam under His Wrath even though he never sinned. He would also be unmerciful; and He would be very disrespectful and treating with contempt His own Son's Blood ! So the conclusion of this matter of propitiation 1 Jn 2:2;4:10, if any use these verses to teach that Christ died for everyone and did propitiate God for everyone, and yet look to Jn 3:36 and say, those who abide under God's Wrath for even unbelief, they are ignorant as to what Propitiation to what propitiation even means, and they are charging God with being Unjust !

beloved57

Propitiation and Rom 3:25 !

Propitiation and Rom 3:25 !

Rom 3:25

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

A Propitiation through Faith in His Blood. This verse limits the design and God's intent of purpose as whom sins Christ propitiated Him in behalf of; It was not all mankind without exception, but to all men who by New Birth are Given Faith ! Yes, all for whom He shed His Blood for are given Faith in His Blood. In this Faith / Faith in His Blood are the same. In other words, God is not going to be appeased, satisfied, propitiated by the Blood of Christ for our sins, and not let us in on it, or reveal or make it known to us. Faith is given to each blood washed person, to reveal to us that we have been Justified by Christ's Blood Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Note: Propitiation saves from wrath !

So in actuality if God has been by Jesus Christ blood propitiated for our sins, Faith by New Birth must follow, for the Just shall live by Faith, that s being made Just by Christ's Blood ! For this God given Faith gives us eyes spiritual to see and to take comfort in it, all because of Christ's Blood; and not only is Faith given to the believer under the New Covenant, it was given to all whom Christ propitiated by blood God for under the Old Dispensation, Yes Faith in His Blood demonstrated His Righteousness in passing over their Transgressions; the difference only being they looked forward to Christ's Blood with their God given faith, and those post Calvary look back at the Blood in Faith !

Simple conclusion, if any die in unbelief , Christ's Blood was not shed for them and God was never propitiated in their behalf !

beloved57

The Blood and Water from His Side !

The Blood and Water from His Side !

Jn 19:34

But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

The Blood and Water from His Side ! have we ever considered what the Blood and Water signified in this instance, when the roman soldiers pierced His side ? There is no doubt in my mind it had great spiritual significance, and that two things they did signify, was Redemption by His Blood Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

See Col 1:14; Heb 9:12

#2 The Cleansing of Regeneration Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Eph 5:25-26

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

That's is following His giving of Himself, comes the Washing of the Water by the Word !

Washing is the same greek word here and in Titus 3:5 its loutron:

I.bathing, bath, the act of bathing

Yes One is the effect of the other The washing is the effect of the giving of Himself or the shedding of His Blood.

Another way of looking at it is Regeneration is the effect of Redemption !

Both Redemption and Regeneration are indicative of Cleansing, the Washing out of His Blood Rev 1:5

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

In whom we have redemption through his blood

His Own Blood by which we are Redeemed !

The words washing / water connotes Cleansing by Spiritual water or the Spirit having the properties as of water Ezk 36:25-28

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

In particular Vs 25,27. These verses are describing the Results of the New Covenant which is in Christ's Blood for the Many Matt 26:28, Christ's Covenant Blood effects these things, which was the end in our Election in Him and the Spiritual Blessings that are bestowed because of it Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

These things are symbolized in the Water and Blood from His Side, Redemption and the washing of Regeneration by the Spirit to follow !

beloved57

propitiation 3

propitiation 3

1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This post is to show that the propitiation Christ made for the sins of the whole world, that even though such universal language is used, that its limited to only one certain People, which is seen here Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The word reconciliation here is the greek word hilaskomai and it means:

I.
to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self
A.
to become propitious, be placated or appeased

B.
to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

II.
to expiate, make propitiation for

Its the same word as propitiation in 1 Jn 2:2 but only in the verb form !

Now here in Heb 2:17 the propitiation is stated directly to be for the sins of the People in the things pertaining to God !

The people here are a definite people because in the original:

ὅθεν ὤφειλεν κατὰ πάντα τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς ὁμοιωθῆναι ἵνα ἐλεήμων γένηται καὶ πιστὸς ἀρχιερεὺς τὰ πρὸς τὸν θεόν εἰς τὸ ἱλάσκεσθαι τὰς ἁμαρτίας τοῦ λαοῦ

Its the propitiation, of the sins of the people, the definite article is present indicating the specficness of the sins and of what people the one and only propitiation is for of the One God !

Also the statement in the context " pertaining to the things of God " is very important, there is only One God !

There is no argument, the People are a separate distinct People from all other people in the world Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

So understanding propitiation as pertaining to the things of God scripturally, we must discern how 1 Jn 2:2 and Heb 2:17 go together without contradiction. This is easily known when we understand that the whole world of 1 Jn 2:2 must be comprised of all the people world wide of those in Heb 2:17, yes this " The People" must some how be related to the Whole World.

This is the case when we consider the whole world as in its beginning at Creation unto its end, remember Jesus said of His witness campaign Matt 28:20

20 Teaching them[The People] to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So John is saying to those believers in His time and location to whom He wrote who also belonged to " The People" in Their time of world History, that the satisfaction Christ provided to God for Our sins presently, is the same provided for the sins of the people of all time, or for the whole time of the kosmos decreed existence. Paul intimates that here in Rom 3:25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

All the OT Saints found God to be propitiated for their sins by Faith in the Blood of Christ, that is through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus the Messiah, or they called Shiloh as here Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

This was fulfilled here Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

beloved57

propitiation 4

propitiation 4

Also the whole world of 1 Jn 2:2 means geographical considerations, that is " The People of " Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation [propitiation] for the sins of the people.

That they are not just us located in Palestine, but they are scattered geographically throughout the whole World, speaking in light of Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

For remember " The People" of Heb 2:17 are also identified as the Children in Heb 2:13-14

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And these Children or Offspring are scattered abroad, throughout the world geographically !

beloved57

propitiation 5

propitiation 5

Another thing the Whole World means in 1 Jn 2:2 in order to keep it consistent with the definite objects of Propitiation in Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation/propitiation for the sins of the people.

It has etnic considerations, that is, He is the propitiation not only for our sins as ethnic jews, but for the sins of the whole world of other ethnic groups. Whenever the universal language is used in Salvation things, things that pertain to God, lets remember God's Promise to Abraham, the Father of all the Faithful here Gen 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families/nations of the earth be blessed.

The entire world of mankind would blessed, all ethnicities as here Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

See, Abraham had a Seed given Him within all the nationalities of the earth Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

which again brings us back to the context of Heb 2:17, but look at Vs 16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

This " Abraham's Seed" is comprised not of ethnic jews only, but of peoples of different nationalities throughout the entire world ! Thata why Paul said of the Call here Rom 9:24

24 Even us [The Seed of Abraham], whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Again that was foretold here Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

propitiation 6

propitiation 6

There is one more consideration that will be the most controversial of all, and that is, John when saying the Whole World in its generical sense does also mean, the Whole World in Adam in the beginning, that is all nations Acts 17:26-27

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

That's the basis for God's Promise to Abraham Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 17:5

Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

With this we understand that the Seed of Abraham was the only seed ever in Adam originally in the beginning at Creation. This is True because Christ was and is Abraham's Seed clearly Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Now Adam was a figure of Christ or Him to come Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come [Christ in the flesh].

So for Adam to have the full analogical force of a type of Christ, Christ being Abraham's Seed, then it was Abraham's Seed represented in Adam in the beginning, and that was the World that Christ came to Identify with Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Now not included in Adam originally at the time of His Creation as the in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26, not included was the seed of the serpent, which seed was created in Lucifer, this seed we hold to be the non elect outside of Christ, the Seed of Abraham. This vile seed is also part of mankind. This wicked seed was added to the seed of Abraham/Adam after the fall, in order that Adam would become though not its Federal Head as he was for the Elect, but he did become its Natural head, that is, He and Eve would be responsible for parenting naturally the devil's offspring due to their sin, that this evil seed would have an physical existence in the world to further carry out God's Eternal Purpose in Christ. These are men and women of the same physiological make up naturally as it is with the Holy Seed in Adam/ Abraham, however the depraved nature both seeds have by nature will remain permanently with the serpent's seed, whereas the Holy Seed, the Seed of Abraham/ Adam, a different Nature will be given them in another birth that is more excellent that their physical birth, a birth out of God, the New Birth, or Birth from above, but the seed of the serpent will never partake of this Birth. So Christ in this sense is the propitiation of the Whole World that was in Adam in the Beginning, which excludes the seed of the serpent. Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent[The devil, satan], Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

beloved57

Already made Righteous !

Already made Righteous !

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

What all false religions are willfully ignorant of is this, That Christ alone, by His Merits of Obedience unto God unto death, hath by that alone, hath made all for whom He died, perfectly and everlastingly Righteous apart from any of their acts of obedience, endeavours, labors , works, repentance, believing/faith which is obedience but freely by His Grace Rom 3:24;4:4-6;5:19 !

It means that we are made righteous in the sight of God; that is, that we are accepted as righteous, and treated as righteous by God on account of what the Lord Jesus has done.

Christ hath by His One Offering, which is also the same as His Death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering His [Death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

He hath by that alone, Perfected forever, made Everlastingly Righteous those He gave Himself for !

Yes, as Sinners we are Born into this World before God, based upon the Work of Christ alone, Already made Righteous in the sight of God !

beloved57

The Fellowship of His Sufferings !

The Fellowship of His Sufferings !

Phil 3:10

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

What does this phrase mean ? It means many things to include, certainly all for whom He suffered and died, to them exclusively it is given to them These two things #1 To believe on Him and #2 to suffer for His Sake Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Also these things are not possibilities but certainties to occur for all whom He died in behalf of !.

They believe on Him and Suffer for Him solely based upon what He accomplished for the Father for them. Its simply impossible for anyone Christ died in the behalf of like Rom 5:8,32 not to believe on Him. The only way a person cannot believe on Christ for Salvation, and contrarily die as unbelievers in their sins Per Jn 8:24, its because He did not die for them Jn 10:26, and if one for whom He died did not come to live by Faith as a result of His suffering and death for them, then scripture is false in this promise Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Hab 2:4; Gal 3:11

Because the very reason why that promise is made is contingent on the death and sufferings of Christ Rom 5:19

Yes, His Obedience here and His Sufferings as in Phil 3:10 are one and the same.

By His Obedience / Sufferings the many are made Righteous or made Just ! The word righteous in Rom 5:19 is the greek word dikaios:

A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Also it is translated ), just (33x), to include Rom 1:17;Gal 3:11;Heb 10:38

And so because of the Promise that the Just shall live by Faith, and Christ's Death makes them He died for Just Rom 5:19 then its given to them to Live by Faith or to Believe on Him Phil 1:29 which is one way of partaking of the Fellowship of His Sufferings !

beloved57

The Fellowship of His Sufferings !2

The Fellowship of His Sufferings !2

So again, Because the sufferings, death , obedience of Christ, makes those He died for Just, they must partake of fellowship with Faith , or they shall believe on His Name 1 Jn 3:23;5:13

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Now understand what's being said here, if one person, sheep, that Christ did die for, does not partake of believing Faith on His name, then the scripture testimony is false here Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That word shall means : will have to, is determined to, or definitely will

So the fellowship of His sufferings is also those whom He died for must fellowship with, participate in what they have in Him for His sufferings for them and their sins, which is all of His Fullness and Grace Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

All for whom He died have Grace from Him abound to them or towards them, Just as Paul testifies of himself here 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

He means that it abounded to him bringing with it for him Faith and Love for Christ and the brethren.

And it is the same here for all whom He died for Rom 5:15,17

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

This receiving abundant of Grace refers to Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

That's what the fellowship of His sufferings also means, to partake of all the Grace needed for them to live by Faith and Love to God and the Lord Jesus Christ and their brethren.

BTW the Many in Rom 5:15 both times have the definite article preceding them, so they are the same definite group of the many, all the many that died as a result of Adam do in fact partake of the saving gift of the grace of God which abounds to them. The Many both times therefore refer to the Election of Grace, not all mankind !

beloved57

Must be spiritual first !

The reason why one must first be spiritual to believe into Christ, because it is liken unto eating and drinking Him Jn 6:51,56

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Of which He is Spiritual Meat or Bread and Drink, and man is not spiritual by nature, and by nature man does not have an appetite for spiritual danties, its like a lion having a appetite for grass or straw ! Man by nature does not desire spiritual nourishment, that type food is just the wrong element for our nature, and now for a person to desire and receive spiritual nourishment, he must firt be made spiritual, and so it is with receiving Christ. Only as New Born Babes 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

The milk consists of Heb 5:12

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Heb 6:1-2

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

As you can see Repentance and Faith are milk principles for Babes Spiritually, not for the unregenerate !

Nanja

beloved57

Repentance and Faith are milk principles for Babes Spiritually, not for the unregenerate !

Yes. Repentance and Faith are gifts from God in the New Birth;
not works of the flesh as a condition to becoming saved.