Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Remission of Sin is Justification before God ! cont

Remission of Sin is Justification before God ! cont

In light of what has been said, how should we understand Acts 10:43

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 28:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

In light of the finished work of Christ and its accomplishment of the Forgiveness or Remission of sins Matt 26:28

The same is to be Preached or Announced in His Name or Through Him

Lk 24:47

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

This is extremely important that its clearly defined as Preaching, Announcing, Making Known what is done, and not offering remission of sin, or not making it available if you decide to take it or not, that's a false message, but the Doctrine is to be PREACHED Lk 24:47 and Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

See How Peter Preached it here ? He made it known to whom it was Given to, the Israel or Elect of God, so it was being Preached or Made Known to them ! That is whom it had been accomplished for, and it is through Gospel Preaching, it is to be made known to God's Redeemed people Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Remission of sins is salvation, even before we receive the Knowledge or intelligence of it, and so in this respect, everyone Christ died for, and because of it, Before God all their sins are remitted, and all them have Salvation ,no penalty for sin to pay, they have it even before it is announced to them by the Gospel preacher !

SeraphimsCherub

So all those "Christians" who are trying to earn their salvation through the merit of their own works,and by thinking that they are keeping the law,and that their sin free,are doing thus:

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

How is it that they are crucifying to themselves the Son of God afresh? By trying to keep the law,which is the very thing that the SON OF GOD shed HIS BLOOD to free HIS people from. It's like spiting in GOD'S face,and saying YOUR sacrifice was not righteous enough,nor good enough for me. It wasn't sufficient enough for me, I a worm must still do my part to add unto it!

beloved57

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting !

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting !

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Prov 8:22-23

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Note: Here from Everlasting and From the beginning are synonymous !

1 Tim 2:5, this scripture makes it without a doubt that Christ as Man, is the only Mediator, but when did He become the Mediator Man ? Was it by the Virgin Birth ? No, for then He became a babe, However, for whom I believe is the Mediator Christ speaking, gives us His origin here Prov 8:22-23

These are the Words of Wisdom, Christ the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

It can be concluded here in Prov 8, that Wisdom speaking is a Divine Being with intelligence, who does act independent and personally, which also has the affection of Love Prov 8:17, and that towards the Sons of men whom are His delight Prov 8:31

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. The Election of Grace, those given Him by the Father Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

The children here and the Sons of men of Prov 8:31 are the same !

And that Christ the Mediator would delight in these sons of men, it is quite appropriate since He is their Mediator that has been set up vs 23.

He was set up for an Redemptive Purpose from everlasting Eph 3:11 and Col 1:14-16

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Notice, whom He purposed in Christ Jesus, which is the same Christ Jesus who is the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Col 1:14-16

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

This World was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ Jesus the Mediator, the God Man !

beloved57

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting ! 2

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting ! 2

This Being of Christ as Mediator Man set up from everlasting, though Divine in this particular Character as Mediator, is not God, but the Mediator Man between God and Men, the Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5, yet in His Divine Nature He is God, the Word Jn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So what occurred in Eternity was a merging of the Divine Word and the Begotten Son the Mediator Man, and this became a Hypostatic Union from Eternity and it was a foreshadowing of the Hypostatic Union He would have with flesh and Blood in the fullness of time !

So it was before the Creation of the World the Lord Jesus Christ was both the Eternal Word of God, Uncreated, Unbegotten and One in Divine Essence with the Father and the Spirit, and also the Begotten Son of God, brought forth into His Mediator[Man] role for the Elect of God, for the Church of God as well as its Surety and Covenant Head !

This is a deep Mystery revealed of the Person of Christ, something human wisdom could not have ever found out or discovered but by revelation !

beloved57

Looking at Jn 5:40 ! Ye will come to me ! But why ?

Looking at Jn 5:40 ! Ye will come to me ! But why ?

What about John 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

This scripture must be understood within the overall scheme of Truth, for we know that Christ is well aware that those who do come to Him have been drawn by the Father Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Or that it must be given to them to come to Him as per Jn 6:37,65

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

So therefore, Jesus when speaking to those certain jews in Jn 5:40, He was merely acknowledging that to them, it was not the Fathers will to draw them to Himself, or frankly, they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

Redeemed Past Tense !

Redeemed Past Tense !

Lk 1:67-68

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Zacharias was looking to the Gospel Promise of God redeeming His People Israel as David foretold Ps 130:8

And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Now by the Spirit, Zach blessed God for having redeemed Israel from his iniquities at the sight of Christ !

The word redeemed here is the greek word lytrōsis and it means:

a ransoming, redemption

2) deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin

Its also in the aorist tense indicative mood which normally means simple past.

Aorist Tense
The aorist is said to be "simple occurrence" or "summary occurrence", without regard for the amount of time taken to accomplish the action. This tense is also often referred to as the 'punctiliar' tense. 'Punctiliar' in this sense means 'viewed as a single, collective whole,' a "one-point-in-time" action, although it may actually take place over a period of time. In the indicative mood the aorist tense denotes action that occurred in the past time, often translated like the English simple past tense. http://www.ntgreek.org/learn_nt_greek/verbs1.htm

However, the redemption here was not actually confirmed until the Death of Christ and the writer of Hebrews speaks of it here Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Though Christ had not yet shed His own Blood when Zacharias made the statement by the Holy Ghost, it was fulfilled in the Mind and Purpose of God whom it was that inspired Zach to speak the Words ! God can speak as so Rom 4:17

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

God's Purposes that find fulfillment in time for creatures of time, is not the same as He that is Eternal and sees all things ,past, present and future, as a Eternal Present !

The Redemption of God's People was always a fulfilled fact in the Purpose and Mind of God !

beloved57

Did Christ die for Judas the traitor ?

Did Christ die for Judas the traitor ?

Did Christ die for Judas the traitor ? Jesus said of Judas Jn 6:70

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

I emphasize the number one here because some will say that Christ called Peter a devil when He said this Matt 16:23

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

So if Jesus was calling Peter a devil here then Christ was mistaken in Jn 6:70 when He said quite clearly that of the Twelve only One was a devil, He should have said Two of you are devils !

Now, did Christ die for Judas the traitor devil ?

The answer is NO ! In fact there is no evidence in scripture that Christ died for anyone who does not become a believer and follower of Him at His Voice and who was of His Sheep. Scripture is clear in that it indicates that judas was not a believer in Christ as the other Disciples He chose to follow Him were; This is seen here Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him [Thats the devil judas].

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father !

Now Jesus says later of those jews not believing on Him this Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Now since Jesus points out in Jn 6:64-65 that the one betraying Him was one that believeth not, then it leads to the conclusion that he was not of Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26 ! which scripture does testify that Christ did die for Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So there is no biblical evidence that judas iscariot was a believer, therefore a Sheep, and one for whom Christ died.

Now I know many who claim that Christ did die for judas the devil traitor because he was supposedly present at the Lords Supper when He spake the following Lk 22:18-23, and from a casual reading of this text it does appear that judas was among them when Christ stated for whom He was giving Himself in behalf of, however many debates have come arose on this, since when we compare all the accounts of this event with other Gospel writers, it seems to indicate that judas at the time the word were spoken ,had already left the room to do his devilish deed of betraying Christ; But if he by chance was still there with them and partook of the Lords supper with them ! Now if he was and the Lord did give him to eat and drink of His Body and Blood, then Christ gave it to a unbeliever, a devil that was about to betray Him ! Now notice Lk 22:21-22

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

Now what did Christ say about the one who was to betray Him earlier here ? Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Hence judas would still be Identified as a unbeliever whom Jesus knew that would betray Him. This is serious here, because if Jesus in light of judas unbelief in Him, still administered to him the Lord's Supper, then why not administer the Lords Supper to all unbelievers ? If Christ did, why not follow His example ?

Now if judas was there as it is conjectured, then he was there in Unbelief, and Christ is clear why one does not believe in Him here Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not[including judas Jn 6:64], because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

And scripture testimony states that Christ gives His Life for His Sheep, but if judas did not believe, could not have been one, even up to the point of Lk 22, so the conclusion is, even if judas was present at lk 22:21-22 and heard Jesus words, they still did not apply to any but His Sheep. I personally do not believe Judas was even present at that time, but if he was, I cannot see Christ giving a unbeliever the Lord's Supper !

beloved57

Given Us Eternal Life !

Given Us Eternal Life !

1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

John here is writing to believers, however what He states applies to all the Church of God, the Election of Grace, The Body of Christ in General. This Eternal Life written here was actually given the Church in Christ their Mediator Head before the World began, and this is because Christ the Mediator Head did exist before the World began, and where there is a Head there is a Body ! This is Clear by scriptures 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Phil 2:5

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

All three of these scriptures Identify Christ Jesus the Mediator, and all speak of Him in that capacity before the World began as well as before His Incarnation !

beloved57

Given Us Eternal Life ! cont

Even though this Eternal Life was not given to the Body of Christ experimentally 1 Jn 5:11 before the World began, yet it was given to all them by Promise, hence we have Paul setting forth the promissory foundation to the Elect in His Epistle to Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

This constitutes all the Elect in Christ as Heirs of Promise, the Promise of Eternal Life 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

A Promise of God is binding and actual to the ones the promise of the Eternal Inheritance is made to; for God gave Abraham and his seed an Inheritance by Promise Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Notice what the inspired text says very carefully, the Inheritance was given, not made available, not offered, but given by Promise . Here is the Promise Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

So Eternal Life or the Eternal Inheritance, both are the same, was given us[The Church] before the World began, by Promise Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised[Us] before the world began;

The Us is added because of the same point made by John here 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Last edited:

beloved57

This Eternal Life was actually given the Church in Christ their Mediator Head before the World Began. Now this is True because Christ their Mediator Head did exist before the World Began with the Glory of Mediator Jn 17:5

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This is clear also by 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Phil 2:5

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

All Three of these scriptures identify Christ Jesus the Mediator, all speak to Him in that Capacity before the World began or Was, as well as before His Incarnation into Flesh and Blood. Who can deny that 2 Tim 1:9 does indicate the being of Christ Jesus before the World began See Jn 17:5; Also Phil 2:5 points to Christ Jesus and the Mind of Humility He had before His Incarnation in Time, when He was in the Form of God as God Man Mediator, and of course 1 Tim 2:5 speaks to Him being Mediator between God and Men, which would mean He had to be Adams Mediator,since he began men in the Time state, and this is confirmed by Christ's voice here as the Wisdom of God Prov 8:22-25

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

This speaks of His Mediator Delights He had in the uncreated Sons of Men which would begin in Adam !

And so since Christ Jesus did exist before the Created World was Jn 17:5, which scriptures I have quoted speak to this fact, then those Chosen in Him before the foundation and were given Grace in Him before the World began, did have [by promise] Eternal Life in Him Given them, which the Apostle John doth testify in 1 Jn 5:11-12

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

And Paul Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Again if the Inheritance was given by promise, then it was given in deed Gal 3:18

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham[And His Seed] by promise.

beloved57

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness !

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness !

Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

What this means, everyone for whom Christ died, no exceptions, there will come a time in their life, when the Righteousness of God imputed to their account will be revealed to them by the Gospel Rev 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

At which time they will begin to believe and understand that through the incarnation, that Christ was acting as their Representative and fulfilled all Righteousness Matt 3:15

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Yes notice Jesus words here as to why John the Baptizer was to suffer Him to be baptized by Water "it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness", But not for Himself, but for them He represented !

All the Righteousness He fulfilled here on earth to God's Law and Justice for those He represented, He also did carry it to Heaven to present it before His Father for their Justification Jn 16:10

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

It is this fact that is the foundation of His Advocacy Work of Intercession for all whom He died 1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: Who is the Lord God Our Righteousness !

So all for whom Christ died shall believe and come to live by Faith in His Blood Rom 1:17 and Rom 3:25 !

Since all who come to Faith in Him or come to believe in Him, He did for them fulfill all Righteousness, and the Father is Well Pleased with all for whom He Represented, for Christ's Sake He is !

beloved57

That the world may believe !

That the world may believe !

John 17:21

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

What world is Jesus speaking of here ? One viable understanding could be the World of all Believers outside of the Apostles who were chosen messengers from among the jews that had a message to take to the world at large for the calling out of God's Elect from among the nations, that is the seed of Abraham from among the gentiles Matt 28:19-20; Lk 24:47;Jn 17:20; Gen 17:5-8; Gal 3:8

Or it could be the world of John 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

BTW Those whom the Father gave Him is also a World Jn 3:16, though not the same one He does not Pray for !

So it could be the World of the reprobate, whom at the Second Coming of Christ, when He comes to Judge the World in Righteousness Acts 17:31

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

That then that reprobate world will come to believe and be condemned, because they received not the Love of the Truth that they might be saved, and so did send them a strong delusion so that they could believe what was false 2 Thess 2:10-12

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. in lies !

This is the World that Paul stated it shall be condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

This World the Elect were effectually called out of Rev 18:4. I believe this World is also identified in Rev 3:8, as that synagogue of Satan, which say they are jews [God's professing People], but they are liars and deceivers, and they will come to know that to their everlasting shame, they will then believe or be convinced Jude 1:15

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

They will come to know who it was that God Loved in Christ Rev 3:8, but then of course it will be everlastingly too late for them, and then that world will meet with its preordained condemnation at the great White Throne Judgment, with those God did Love and Christ did die for being witnesses of their condemnation Ps 37:34;52:5-7;91:8 ! So there is a appointed time when the unbelieving religious world will believe, but it will be at the Second Coming of Christ when He comes to be Glorified in His Saints, and to put the foolish virgins to everlasting shame and contempt Dan 12:4, So the end of which this believing of the condemned world is designed for, is the Glory of God's Justice in their own condemnation !

beloved57

No legal condemnation ever for the Elect !

Even though the Elect can never come under God's Legal condemnation for sin Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

But yet for the purpose of Faith in Christ, they do come under conscious condemnation of their sins [that the guilt of legally was placed on Christ] their Surety did bear 1 Jn 3:20

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

It is through this conscious condemnation that God oft times leads us into Faith in the Atoning Work of Christ that He bore our condemnation for us, thus we receive the atonement Rom 5:11 or an application by the Spirit of the remission or forgiveness of sins by His Blood. The Holy Spirit applies the Blood to one consciously, which is called the sprinkling of the Blood 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling[application] of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

This was the stated purpose of the law, that we might be Justified by Faith Gal 3:23-24

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

That world that Christ died for, the Elect World, that World, everyone of it shall be by an inner work of the Holy Spirit convinced of their sinnership, their lawbreaking and sin, and then thus convinced, they shall be led into Faith in Him that bore their legal condemnation for their lawbreaking and sin, and by this Christ is Glorified by the Spirit Jn 16:6-15 and Vs 8-11 are the primary effects of the New Birth by the Spirit ! Those whom Christ died for, will each of them be taught their spiritual need for Christ to be led to Faith in Him Jn 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

beloved57

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 1

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 1

Lk 5:32

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Many today who are false teachers, have taken this text to mean that Christ died for everybody in the world [because, all are sinners by nature] and now He beckons everyone without exception to repent of their sins and to accept Christ as their Saviour; however that is nothing but satanic human and carnal reasoning; But yet the text does say that Christ came specifically to call sinners to[into] repentance ; Which means those who are made sensible sinners by the work of the Spirit in them; for all men no doubt are sinners by nature, and that without exception, however all are not made sensible of their sinnership before God, especially the religious sinner !

A case in point is the record of the Publican and Pharisee, now what is the difference ? Both are sinners by nature !

Well one, the publican, had been made sensible of his sinfulness before God, the other , the pharisee, who also was just as much a sinner as the publican, had not been made sensible of his sinfulness before God, and in fact claimed not to be like other sinful people, even as the publican Lk 18:11

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

basically he was denying being a sinner as other men are !

The pharisee pointed to his religious performances, things he knew to be righteous acts Lk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

What this pharisee did not know was that his righteous acts and moral living before God, that these things in and of themselves are nothing but filthy rags before a Holy God Isa 64:6

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Notice, Our Righteousnesses ! The hebrew word here is tsĕdaqah and means:

Our Righteous acts !

righteousness (as ethically right)

These things are not wrong in and of themselves, but when they are foremost as to what we base our relationship with God upon as this pharisee clearly did.

It is clear that the pharisee based his acceptance with God on two primary elements #1 What he was not Lk 18:11

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

And secondly #2 What he did religiously Lk 18:12

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Being a sinner, yet he believed himself righteous, and that is what Christ means by "I came not to call the righteous"

Jesus came not to call people of that mindset, yet they are still sinners by nature !

beloved57

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 2

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 2

However those as like the Publican, whom knew themselves to be experimentally helpless sinners before God, it is those whom Christ calls into Repentance, in fact He gives them Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins

Thats whom He calls into Repentance !

The problem with the pharisee is that he never been convicted of sin and unbelief Jn 16:8

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The word reprove here is the greek word elegchō and means:

to convict, refute, confute

a) generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted

b) by conviction to bring to the light, to expose

2) to find fault with, correct

a) by word

1) to reprehend severely, chide, admonish, reprove

2) to call to account, show one his fault, demand an explanation

b) by deed

1) to chasten, to punish

And in the case of the pharisee, we are not talking about gross sins of the flesh like fornication, adultery, nor stealing, murder or extortion and so forth, but the sin of unbelief, self righteousness, his morality and false religion. The fact of the matter is that none of us can deliver ourselves from those sins, for it takes a spiritual application of the Law of God in the Hands of the Spirit to get to the root of that evil of self righteousness, yes to be convinced of wickedness even while we are doing our best religious efforts takes a supernatural act of God the Spirit. Its easy to be convinced of being a sinner as a whore or fornicator and thief, but not so when the sin problem is our own self righteousness and good behavior when we trust it to be our acceptance before God's Law and Justice !

It is such self righteous religiosity that makes us rich in ourselves as here Rev 3:17

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Can we see that , that was the mindset of this pharisee Lk 18:11-12

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Consequently, this is the type of rich that Jesus means in its spiritual application when He spake thusly Matt 19:24

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

beloved57

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 3

To call sinners to repentance ! Pt 3

Consequently, this is the type of rich that Jesus means in its spiritual application when He spake thusly Matt 19:24

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus did not merely mean rich people materially here, but those rich in trusting in themselves and their own self righteousness, for Jesus was focusing on this the Young ruler stated and believed Matt 19:20

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

The Young man was rich in his self righteousness, just as the pharisee Lk 18:11-12, and this type of sin, of being rich in our religiosity and commendable behavior before men, and to sincerely base our acceptance because of it, even just a little, it is this that makes salvation impossible for man by nature, but made possible only by a Sovereign Work of the Spirit of God, for God the Holy Spirit can and does convince the very religious and self righteous of sin because they believe not on Christ Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

When we trust in our performances for acceptance with God, then we believe not yet savingly on Christ because He has not been revealed to us as of yet to be our Righteousness !

But the Work of the Spirit can convince even the most sincere religious person of their sinfulness before God, and when that happens and they come to Christ, then cometh to past Jn 3:20-21

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. Jn 16:8 !

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The doing of evil here in vs 20 is mans self righteousness, like cain when he brought the best offering he could to find acceptance with God ! And thats all men by nature ! Only a work of Sovereign Grace can convince one of the evil of religion, morality, and self improvement, sincerity and all that, as being evil in the sight of God to find acceptance with Him, because all that disregards His Son as being the only way to God Jn 14:6 !

beloved57

To call sinners to repentance ! pt 4

To call sinners to repentance ! pt 4

The Apostle Paul is an example of one who was much like the pharisee of Lk 18, who trusted in his exemplary efforts in his religious life and not forget his ethnicity of being a full blooded jew, for his acceptance with God, However when the Holy Spirit applied the law to him in its power, he was convinced that he was a covetous man, a very sinful man Rom 7:7-9

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul here is describing what happened with him when the Holy Spirit convinced him of sin with the Law applied to him, for Paul would not have considered himself a covetous man prior to the Spirit's Work in him because of this former testimony here Phil 3:4-6

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

But after the Spirit's work in him Paul saw that he broke the tenth commandment Ex 20:17

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

And so what James writes is True James 2:10-11

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

And Paul writes later that the root problem of covetousness is Idolatry Col 3:5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Now do you think that Paul believer himself an Idolater here in Phil 3:5-6 ?

No he would not have, but he was, and if not for God's Sovereign Work in Him, he would have remained a deluded religious zealot, a filthy Idolater and covetous man, while in his sincere religious pride and accomplishment.

When Paul states this 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

He personally was not talking about Christ saving fornicators, murderers, thieves and so forth, but sinners like this one Phil 3:4-6

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Thanks to God's Spirit and Purpose of Election of Grace, that God can make even a sinner of the nature Paul was, a sensible sinner even as this publican Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

When the Spirit made Paul come to that realization, then it was manifest he was of these Lk 5:32

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Holy Spirit convicts of Sin !

The Holy Spirit convicts of Sin !

Since the fact of scripture is that Christ Jesus came to save sinners 1 Tim 1:15

Since He came to call sinners into repentance Lk 5:32

Meaning as I have attempted to show, those who are sensible sinners, sinners who are made to feel sensibly their sinfulness and their need for mercy as the Publican Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

This type of sinner is made so by the Sovereign Work of the Holy Spirit of Truth as Per Jn 16:8-9

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Each sinner that Christ died for, that He came to save, which is a World of men, each in God's Time will be convinced of sin by the Holy Spirit, meaning they will become like the Publican in Lk 18:13 !

There is no sinner whom Christ died for, who will not be brought to see and feel their sinfulness and need for their Saviour and begin to hunger and thirst after Righteousness Matt 5:6

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

That Righteousness which they hunger and thirst after is Christ ! The Holy Spirit shall make each sinner Christ died for hunger and thirst after Righteousness which is the end result of convincing them of their sin !

And so there is no such thing as Preaching Christ to sinners that Christ died for, and they do not want Him, because in the day of their personal salvation, when God is pleased to reveal His Son in them, they will be prepared to embrace Him because the Spirit will convince them of their sinfulness as He did the Publican of Lk 18:13 and then they shall be as those Christ came to call to Repentance as per Lk 5:32

Each sinner Christ died for shall have Faith in His Blood Rom 3:25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

beloved57

Righteousness Revealed !

Righteousness Revealed !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God imputed as Per 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If the Righteousness of God that is imputed to our charge is Revealed to us, to our God Given Faith, that Righteousness being also our Justification before God, then how is it that one's faith which that Righteousness is Revealed to, also be the cause of that Righteousness being imputed to us ? For in such a case it would mean that No Righteousness imputed existed before in order to be Revealed to God given Faith later; but the Truth is, The Imputed Righteousness did always exist for us before the Mind of God's Law and Justice, secured to us by the Blood of Christ, So that in God's Time He may reveal it to us in the Gospel of our Salvation !

beloved57

When did the Elect first Sin ?

When did the Elect first Sin ?

When did the Elect first Sin ? Every Elect person first sinned in the man Adam, that goes for the elect babies who die abortively, yes all people, elect, whether their physical lives manifest or not, they sinned, transgressed God's Law when Adam did, and for those of us who think its not fair, that it makes God unjust, then it is we who are unjust, not God, for anything God reckons or does is Righteous !

However if you noticed, I've stated that only the Elect sinned in Adam, the Son's of God Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

The non elect, which are the children of the devil Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Jn 3:10

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The Children of God will be manifested that they are, by doing righteousness, which is believing on Christ !

Any person who does not ever come to Faith in Christ are the children of the devil.

The children of the devil, those who never become believers in Christ which the Children of God do Gal 3:26, they did not sin in Adam !

No, they sinned in the devil their father in the beginning 1 Jn 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil[and his seed] sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Now just as God charged the elect, the seed of Adam in him with transgression when Adam sinned Rom 5:12, likewise God charged the devil's seed in him with sin when the devil sinned from the beginning.

Christ only died for the Elect, that world of men in Adam, the non elect, the children of the devil, who die in infancy will also perish in their sin committed by them in their Father the devil !