Militarized Police

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It has nothing to do with ego, you need to get over that. We also don't mind a short delay at a checkpoint. It is the long detainment without reasonable suspicion or probable cause that we object to.

The right lane that the officer told my husband to pull his car into is the lane that the driver gets pulled out of the car, all his paperwork is gone over, he has to walk a line and blow in a breathalyzer, and there were 5 cars in that lane waiting to be scrutinized. The whole thing would have taken over an hour by the time they got to us in line.

I personally feel that I have the right to celebrate my anniversary with my husband, outside my home, without this kind of intrusive abuse, and waste of our time. Particularly since we broke no laws, and they had no cause to detain us. I don't want to live in a militarized state. I am a law abiding citizen and I prefer freedom.

Was it 4th of july weekend, and was your locality even posting on tv, radio and other locations that it was a no refusal weekend? Loads of places do that, and like it not, its no refusal, meaning they have reasonable cause that people will be drinking and driving because of the holiday - why should you not be subject to the same thing everyone else is?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was it 4th of july weekend, and was your locality even posting on tv, radio and other locations that it was a no refusal weekend? Loads of places do that, and like it not, its no refusal, meaning they have reasonable cause that people will be drinking and driving because of the holiday - why should you not be subject to the same thing everyone else is?

Exactly ...

Christ's Word

Exactly ...

Both of you are retards, that should read the 4th Amendment. The U.S. Supreme court has ruled that mass searches are unconstitutional. There must be probable cause or reasonable suspicion specific to the person being searched or detained. Grow up.

Christ's Word

Why don't you actually read the thread before posting garbage that has already been answered? Legal cause to detain someone is specific to that person, not the behavior of a minority of criminals and then applied to the law abiding. Are you really that stupid?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Both of you are retards, that should read the 4th Amendment. The U.S. Supreme court has ruled that mass searches are unconstitutional. There must be probable cause or reasonable suspicion specific to the person being searched or detained. Grow up.

Then take them to court after you are subjected to the same thing everyone else is, showing there was no bias against you and your anniversary.

You dont get a free pass to ignore the laws of your local municipality, and if the law is not right, do something about it.

There was reasonable cause, loads of drunks on the road on the 4th of july weekend and loads of people out and potential for loads of wrecks.

You are not more special than everyone else just because you claim you are celebrating your anniversary, hint; if you know this is going on (local municipalities that do this advertise it over and over and say right out no refusal) then you have the right to stay home or walk if you dont want the potential to be stopped and checked like the entire general public.

Thanks for the neg calling me an idiot and basically saying how special you are, its so funny i hope to enjoy seeing it there for a day.

chair

When did the court decide that? Can you provide a link?

journey

DUI check points are completely legal if properly done. Many thousands of DUI suspects are arrested because of these check points every year, and most are convicted. The violation of rights complaint is unfounded. Drunk or otherwise intoxicated drivers kill about 25,000 people a year and maim or cripple many more, so this is an obvious public safety issue. There is no right to refuse and those who try usually end up in jail for additional charges (i.e. Disobeying a lawful order). It's really not smart at all to cause trouble at a DUI check point. Some folks in this thread obviously hate the police and think that they know more about the law than the police do. They would be wrong, and they would also be the wrong folks to pay attention to. You could end up behind bars talking to yourself.

The best things you can do for yourself at a DUI check point is to: be nice, be respectful, and do what you're told to do. The folks causing trouble will be there a lot longer or may not be going home that night.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DUI check points are completely legal if properly done. Many thousands of DUI suspects are arrested because of these check points every year, and most are convicted. The violation of rights complaint is unfounded. Drunk or otherwise intoxicated drivers kill about 25,000 people a year and maim or cripple many more, so this is an obvious public safety issue. There is no right to refuse and those who try usually end up in jail for additional charges (i.e. Disobeying a lawful order). It's really not smart at all to cause trouble at a DUI check point. Some folks in this thread obviously hate the police and think that they know more about the law than the police do. They would be wrong, and they would also be the wrong folks to pay attention to. You could end up behind bars talking to yourself.

The best things you can do for yourself at a DUI check point is to: be nice, be respectful, and do what you're told to do. The folks causing trouble will be there a lot longer or may not be going home that night.

/thread/

Christ's Word

Then take them to court after you are subjected to the same thing everyone else is, showing there was no bias against you and your anniversary.

You dont get a free pass to ignore the laws of your local municipality, and if the law is not right, do something about it.

There was reasonable cause, loads of drunks on the road on the 4th of july weekend and loads of people out and potential for loads of wrecks.

You are not more special than everyone else just because you claim you are celebrating your anniversary, hint; if you know this is going on (local municipalities that do this advertise it over and over and say right out no refusal) then you have the right to stay home or walk if you dont want the potential to be stopped and checked like the entire general public.

Thanks for the neg calling me an idiot and basically saying how special you are, its so funny i hope to enjoy seeing it there for a day.

"Then take them to court after you are subjected to the same thing everyone else is, showing there was no bias against you and your anniversary."

Bias is not the issue. The issue is that you can not detain someone if they have done nothing wrong.

"You dont get a free pass to ignore the laws of your local municipality, and if the law is not right, do something about it."

We ignored no law and broke no law. It has nothing to do with a local law of a municipality. It has to do with an incompetent officer that can not tell the difference between a drunk, and a person who does not drink. Drunk driving laws are State laws, duh!

"Thanks for the neg calling me an idiot and basically saying how special you are, its so funny i hope to enjoy seeing it there for a day."

I did not say what you said I did, and you are a liar if you say I sent you a neg saying how special i am. But you knew that was a lie when you posted it, so your father is the devil. Change your name to Angel4Lies, and try to be more honest.

Christ's Word

Yes, obey the idiots just because they have a badge on, mindlessly obey? You are an idiot who does not deserve to live under the Bill of Rights.

The Supreme Court has ruled that checkpoints are legal, if they stop everyone. These officers at this check point do not stop everyone, and they have a few idiots that can not tell the difference between a drunk and someone who does not drink.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
These officers at this check point do not stop everyone, and they have a few idiots that can not tell the difference between a drunk and someone who does not drink.

They DO stop everyone at a drinking checkpoint, they make those they suspect of drinking and driving pull over to the side, and let those they do not suspect of it, on through but they stop everyone and come up to the car.

So, tell us how you avoided having to follow what you were told, and yes many local municipalities have occasional no refusal checkpoints on holidays and near events where there will be much drinking.

Please post the citation where the supreme court has ruled them illegal since you keep saying it, i cant find a case like that anywhere.

They have broken no law, if they didn't suspect whichever of you was driving of drinking, you have would went on through, instead they detained you because of probable cause.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please explain how an officer can have probable cause for drunk driving on a man who does not drink? Tell us how that happens?

Please tell us why you two should be treated differently than any of the other motorists ....

Christ's Word

Please tell us why you two should be treated differently than any of the other motorists ....

Some of the motorists are waved through, some are made to wait in line. Which group of 'any' are you referring to?

And you still have not answered the simple question:

Please explain how an officer can have probable cause for drunk driving on a man who does not drink? Tell us how that happens?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of the motorists are waved through, some are made to wait in line. Which group of 'any' are you referring to?

And you still have not answered the simple question:

Obviously the nice officer felt something about your vehicle or those inside it was cause for suspicion. :think:

Christ's Word

Obviously the nice officer felt something about your vehicle or those inside it was cause for suspicion. :think:

Based on what specifically? Back to reality. Obviously the rude and unprofessional officer was incapable of properly discerning probable cause or even reasonable suspicion. The five other officers at the next stop just waved my husband through after speaking with him briefly.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Based on what specifically? Back to reality. Obviously the rude and unprofessional officer was incapable of properly discerning probable cause or even reasonable suspicion. The five other officers at the next stop just waved my husband through after speaking with him briefly.

You mean he was no longer being belligerent (probable cause the first time to be pulled to the side) and name dropping and refusing to cooperate since he didn't want to go through it again, right?