Militarized Police

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick, I know you don't like me, but think about this for a minute.

You are an idiot. There is nothing to think about. It is a lesser sin, but still wrong. Just like Americans that enforced slavery or abortion. Those are the worse sin.

Christian Liberty

You are an idiot. There is nothing to think about. It is a lesser sin, but still wrong.

Did you read the rest of my post?

How about a simple follow up question:

Do you think a Christian can morally become a cop in the United States as it currently is?

Just like Americans that enforced slavery or abortion. Those are the worse sin.

Sure. I agree with this.

chair

...The police were there, the ambulance was there ready to draw your blood. The road was blocked off and 3 lines of cars were stopped in different lanes.

What do you do at an airport when you need to go through a security check? How about if they pick you to be checked further?

Christian Liberty

Regardless of what she does, TSA agents are scumbag pedophiles. They're even worse than cops, seeing as their very existence is predicated on continuing constittuional violations.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think a Christian can morally become a cop in the United States as it currently is?

Yes, and it is not a question nor debatable. You do understand I am not trying to convince you. There is no helping some people, like most of those on TOL who have a hidden agenda.

chair

Regardless of what she does, TSA agents are scumbag pedophiles. They're even worse than cops, seeing as their very existence is predicated on continuing constittuional violations.

1. It is OK to disagree with a policy without calling everybody involved with it "scumbags" and "pedophiles".
2. Have security checks been challenged in the courts? Did they say they were unconstitutional? It apparently is not as simple as you may think.
3. Sometimes one has to give up some personal freedom in order to gain security or safety. It is a balance. Even a traffic light interferes with your freedom to some degree.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
3. Sometimes one has to give up some personal freedom in order to gain security or safety. It is a balance. Even a traffic light interferes with your freedom to some degree.

Even our resident re-publican hack gets this point. There is a terrible untrue cliche' some like to use and it goes like this;

Those who would trade security for liberty deserve neither

In other words, a woman that carries mace deserves to be raped for carrying it to defend herself. Because she does not deserve liberty.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Even our resident re-publican hack gets this point. There is a terrible untrue cliche' some like to use and it goes like this;

In other words, a woman that carries mace deserves to be raped for carrying it to defend herself. Because she does not deserve liberty.

expect to be hounded by town and artie and the other tards for "trivializing" rape :chuckle:

Christ's Word

"The officer says in a stern voice, "This is a sobriety check point, you need to pull your licence and proof of insurance out, and pull your car, into the far right lane and wait for further instructions."

Hardly "combative". But then, for a bruised ego, it might have sounded that way.

It was the way the first guy screamed, "Is there a problem?" when my husband did not instantly obey his command, you really missed the point. And another thing sweat pea, you do not have to have a bruised ego to dislike your rights being violated, duh. Try keeping it real.

chair

I have no idea what you are getting at here.
So you think that citizens should never give up on any liberty, for any reason?

Christ's Word

I like a lot of your posts, this one seems to be quite a reach. Not sure the context of the statement in your premise is being used properly in your conclusion or example. The quote was said in reference to political structure, and your example is more about individual personal defense. Not the same by any measure.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was the way the first guy screamed, "Is there a problem?" when my husband did not instantly obey his command, you really missed the point. And another thing sweat pea, you do not have to have a bruised ego to dislike your rights being violated, duh. Try keeping it real.

Just out of curiosity, did you and the hubby have a few adult beverages at Annie Guns?

Christ's Word

Just out of curiosity, did you and the hubby have a few adult beverages at Annie Guns?

No, neither of us consume alcohol, and there is no alcohol in our home except that which I purchase for cooking dinner. We don't drink, period. I was raised a Baptist and have never drank, my husband is an athlete/fitness freak, who has not drank since college 37 years ago.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, neither of us consume alcohol, and there is no alcohol in our home except that which I purchase for cooking dinner. We don't drink, period. I was raised a Baptist and have never drank, my husband is an athlete/fitness freak, who has not drank since college 37 years ago.

So why the concern about going through a sobriety checkpoint?

Are you better than other motorists out on the road CW?

Christ's Word

I'm just wondering if someone was a tad bit nervous about going through a sobriety checkpoint after having a drink (or 4) with dinner.

My husband does not get nervous, 27 years in Naval Special Operations trained him to be quite the cool customer under pressure. He trains S.W.A.T. all around the U.S. and police do not make him nervous, many of the local S.W.A.T. commanders are his buds, the guys he hangs out with. Some of his buds have also recently retired from police careers in S.W.A.T.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My husband does not get nervous, 27 years in Naval Special Operations trained him to be quite the cool customer under pressure. He trains S.W.A.T. all around the U.S. and police do not make him nervous, many of the local S.W.A.T. commanders are his buds, the guys he hangs out with. Some of his buds have also recently retired from police careers in S.W.A.T.

Can you put that information on a bumper sticker or something so that you're not inconvenienced by rude cops in the future CW?

Christ's Word

So why the concern about going through a sobriety checkpoint?

Are you better than other motorists out on the road CW?

It has nothing to do with ego, you need to get over that. We also don't mind a short delay at a checkpoint. It is the long detainment without reasonable suspicion or probable cause that we object to.

The right lane that the officer told my husband to pull his car into is the lane that the driver gets pulled out of the car, all his paperwork is gone over, he has to walk a line and blow in a breathalyzer, and there were 5 cars in that lane waiting to be scrutinized. The whole thing would have taken over an hour by the time they got to us in line.

I personally feel that I have the right to celebrate my anniversary with my husband, outside my home, without this kind of intrusive abuse, and waste of our time. Particularly since we broke no laws, and they had no cause to detain us. I don't want to live in a militarized state. I am a law abiding citizen and I prefer freedom.