Theology Club: MIA: Where are they?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Paul's dispensation

:think:
Too many syllables.:p

Biblical dispensation describes the administration of Triune God, which a cords with His Sovereign will, purpose, and intents realized in and for His Son, Jesus Christ, alone.

For an Open Theist to claim anything otherwise, only reveals the spiritual ignorance of the Open Theist who so says.
Dispensationalism has nothing to do with open theism. They are two completely different doctrines, and mutually exclusive. As evidenced by the fact there are Calvinists who are also Acts 9 Dispensationalists and Open Theists who are Covenant Theologians.

That is how ignorant you are.

And speaking of false doctrines:
picture.php

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Dispensationalism has nothing to do with open theism.

Open Theism employs Dispensationalism, though.

They are two completely different doctrines, and mutually exclusive.

They are different versions of semi-Pelagian doctrine, and hardly "mutually exclusive." Who are you trying to kid?

As evidenced by the fact there are Calvinists who are also Acts 9 Dispensationalists

Name one.

and Open Theists who are Covenant Theologians.

Such describes a spiritual oxymoron. You are ignorant of Covenant Theology to even hint that such exists.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Dispensation of the grace of God" . . . Given to Paul; not emanating from Paul. Duh . . .

No kidding. But it was given to Paul for us you idiot.

2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,

heir

TOL Subscriber
No kidding. But it was given to Paul for us you idiot.

2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
Nang can't stand the fact that she didn't even know she had any hope at all until Paul let the cat out of the bag that he was going to be sent to Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)!

Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

Acts 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.

Acts 22:19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:

Acts 22:20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

Acts 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

For that cause Paul was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for "you Gentiles"!

Acts 22:22 And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live.

Acts 22:23 And as they cried out, and cast off their clothes, and threw dust into the air,

Acts 22:24 The chief captain commanded him to be brought into the castle, and bade that he should be examined by scourging; that he might know wherefore they cried so against him.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang can't stand the fact that she didn't even know she had any hope at all until Paul let the cat out of the bag that he was going to be sent to Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)!

Huh?

I study Covenant Theology, and am of the opinion that God revealed His promise of redemption by grace, to all those faithful listed in Hebrews Chapter 11, who many predated the Israelites. Eve, Abel, Seth and his lineage to Noah, then Abraham were non-Jews.

God dispensed His grace through Paul's teachings . . . which is totally different than thinking Paul ushered in a new era of time to introduce grace to non-Jews. God has saved non-Jews throughout all of history.

Acts 22 and Ephesians 3 speak of Paul's COMMISSION to proclaim God's saving grace; not of a new dispensation of grace never revealed prior to his time.

Dispensationalism is doing you no favors, heir . . .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Huh?

I study Covenant Theology, and am of the opinion that God revealed His promise of redemption by grace, to all those faithful listed in Hebrews Chapter 11, who many predated the Israelites. Eve, Abel, Seth and his lineage to Noah, then Abraham were non-Jews.
You should study to shew thyself approved unto God by rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) and know that in the Body there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female (Galatians 3:28 KJV). Instead, you want to liken us to Hebrews who need to hold the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end to be partakers of Christ whereas we Gentiles are fellowheirs with those who trusted in Christ beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV, Ephesians 1:12 KJV) and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). You shouldn't try and make us them and them us. It's a big nono. You're a big girl. Grow up (Ephesians 4:15 KJV).

God dispensed His grace through Paul's teachings . . . which is totally different than thinking Paul ushered in a new era of time to introduce grace to non-Jews.
A dispensation of the gospel committed unto Paul (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) was to preach the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Later ("in due time") it would be revealed that Christ gave Himself a ransom for all. Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for the cause of the dispensation of the grace of God given him to usward to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to the ALL MEN that Christ gave Himself a ransom for (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)including the likes of you and me! PTL!

God has saved non-Jews throughout all of history.
Not these Gentiles!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Acts 22 and Ephesians 3 speak of Paul's COMMISSION to proclaim God's saving grace; not of a new dispensation of grace never revealed prior to his time.
Impossible! First of all, this is not Paul's first sending (Acts 26:17 KJV), but second (Acts 22:21 KJV). And notice what saith the scripture! It was "mystery" truth "which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men as it is now revealed", "unsearchable", "hid in God"!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

It can't be traced out in the OT as you would have everyone to believe as you regurgitate your religious, stinking thinking.

Dispensationalism is doing you no favors, heir . . .
Your denominationalism= no reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It was "mystery" truth "which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men as it is now revealed", "unsearchable", "hid in God"!

You are disfiguring the doctrine of truth being given to a remnant of humanity, into mysticism of some sort. This is Gnostic thinking.

It can't be traced out in the OT as you would have everyone to believe as you regurgitate your religious, stinking thinking.

Your denominationalism= no reward (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

You are in opposition to Jesus, then, and calling His teaching "stinking thinking." Read Luke 24:44

The gospel truth was in the covenant promises, given to elect men, first through a familial prediluvian lineage from Seth to Noah, then from Abraham through Moses, becoming national within the 12 tribes of Israel, and finally global after the Incarnation of Messiah.

God's grace was first revealed in Genesis 3:15; in the saving of Noah's family through the flood; to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; in the Law of Moses, the Psalms of David, and the predictive words of all the O.T. prophets. All concerning the male Seed, promised from the beginning. So says the Lord in Luke 24:44.

The bible is all about Jesus the Christ. Dispies try to make the bible all about the nation of Israel, but such only confuses and distracts the minds and hearts of men away from the Savior. :nono:

glorydaz

You are disfiguring the doctrine of truth being given to a remnant of humanity, into mysticism of some sort. This is Gnostic thinking.

You are in opposition to Jesus, then, and calling His teaching "stinking thinking." Read Luke 24:44

The gospel truth was in the covenant promises, given to elect men, first through a familial prediluvian lineage from Seth to Noah, then from Abraham through Moses, becoming national within the 12 tribes of Israel, and finally global after the Incarnation of Messiah.

God's grace was first revealed in Genesis 3:15; in the saving of Noah's family through the flood; to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; in the Law of Moses, the Psalms of David, and the predictive words of all the O.T. prophets. All concerning the male Seed, promised from the beginning. So says the Lord in Luke 24:44.

The bible is all about Jesus the Christ. Dispies try to make the bible all about the nation of Israel, but such only confuses and distracts the minds and hearts of men away from the Savior. :nono:

In other words, Nang refuses to read the verses she's given, and insists on being unteachable. She's been "taught" already, and she will hold onto that to the bitter end. I guess she'll have to endure to the end in order to be saved....not very good news if you ask me. I woudn't want to trust in my ability to "endure", I barely make it from day to day as it is, and that isn't through my own efforts, either. :idunno:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I woudn't want to trust in my ability to "endure", I barely make it from day to day as it is, and that isn't through my own efforts, either. :idunno:

I do not doubt the truth of this testimony . . .

Endurance comes from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God. Perseverance in things spiritual and holy comes from the Holy Spirit of God, Who preserves the saints. Preservation of the saints comes from the support, providence, grace, and power of the Holy Spirit of God.

Sola Gratia!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
In other words, Nang refuses to read the verses she's given, and insists on being unteachable. She's been "taught" already, and she will hold onto that to the bitter end. I guess she'll have to endure to the end in order to be saved....not very good news if you ask me. I woudn't want to trust in my ability to "endure", I barely make it from day to day as it is, and that isn't through my own efforts, either. :idunno:

If you ever responded to a portion of scripture, with discussion and learning, I would be open to such attempts on your part to teach, correct, or instruct.

Instead, you only post nasty personal insults, I would suppose, with the attempt to deflect your inability to defend scripture according to your semi-pelagian beliefs.

I understand. . . you have no sound foundation of theology upon which to base any decent rebuttal.

Poor you . . .

glorydaz

Poppycock! Run along token calvinist your heretical doctrine is not being discussed here...:carryon:

And you have a made up, man made contrivance that you accept without question so, what was your point again?

If you ever responded to a portion of scripture, with discussion and learning, I would be open to such attempts on your part to teach, correct, or instruct.

Instead, you only post nasty personal insults, I would suppose, with the attempt to deflect your inability to defend scripture according to your semi-pelagian beliefs.

I understand. . . you have no sound foundation of theology upon which to base any decent rebuttal.

Poor you . . .

If I counted the number of times I've posted verses from Romans 10 for your perusal, you be choking over your own ignorant words. You still claim God believes and trusts in Himself for us. Poor you. :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Rom 3:21-26 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Why would Paul say something like this is it had been known all along? Was he crazy or did God reveal something to him?
Rom 16:25-26 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
How was it kept secret and when was it REVEALED?
Eph 3:9 KJV And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
If it was HID IN GOD, then I am certain that NO ONE ELSE KNEW ABOUT IT!

Thank God that He revealed it!

glorydaz

I do not doubt the truth of this testimony . . .
glorydaz said:
Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
I woudn't want to trust in my ability to "endure", I barely make it from day to day as it is, and that isn't through my own efforts, either.
Endurance comes from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God. Perseverance in things spiritual and holy comes from the Holy Spirit of God, Who preserves the saints. Preservation of the saints comes from the support, providence, grace, and power of the Holy Spirit of God.

Sola Gratia!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Don't you ever get tired of making a fool out of yourself? ;)

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If I counted the number of times I've posted verses from Romans 10 for your perusal, you be choking over your own ignorant words. You still claim God believes and trusts in Himself for us. Poor you. :chuckle:

The essence and ability to believe, obey, and serve the righteousness of God, exists in the Person of Jesus Christ ONLY.

If sinners prove able to believe, obey, and serve the righteousness of God, it is only because Jesus Christ has imputed these attributes to them, according to His grace and saving mercies, alone.

You do not and cannot even talk my language can you?