Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Danoh

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Amen!

Danoh

Anti-Christ Mass is closer to the truth.

My own studies reveal He was not born on December 25th.

But that was not my point.

My op was in the spirit of...

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Because Rom. 5:6-8, in each...our stead.

john w

Hall of Fame

The film, "Hollywood," as is their MO, are in error, as the "wise men" were not there, at the Lord Jesus Christ's birth, where he was born in Bethlem("house of bread")located in a manger(Luke 2:7 KJV),perhaps not visiting, bringing gifts, until 2 years later. Doc Luke tells us, Mary and Joseph went to Jerusalem for the purification, and then, when they left, they went to Nazareth, not back to Bethlehem , per Luke 2:39 KJV, and, again, the wise men fell down, in worship, bestowing gifts, fit a King, perhaps not until 2 years later, and not in Bethlehem, but in their "house," in Nazareth, not in the manger in Bethlehem. Doc Luke doesn't mention the trip to Egypt, that Matthew cites.

Matthew 2 KJV
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2 saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. 3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. 5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judæa: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. 11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 2 KJV

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

But then again, Catholics, like most, only give the scriptures a "passing glance."

As the great Mayor STP would quip: It's not that complicated.

john w

Hall of Fame

I see no need, per scriptures' admonition, to "sacrifice" biblical accuracy, in the guise of "in the spirit of," as they are not mutually exclusive, nor are they independent.

I do not, nor will I, "mess with the book," as the LORD God has magnified it above all His name.

But, heh-that is just me, a wacko, bible nut. Nothing like a bible nut, to ruin a bible party, Christmas party, and all that jazz.

Hmmphhhh! Carry on...Ebeneezer Grinch John W

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Merry Christmas to all!

Even those who think that celebrating Christmas is worse than abortion! :banana:

(you know who you are :) )

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
images

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh, were you there? No? Then shut up.

The historical events are documented in the book, and by surveying the book, serious students of the book, by comparing scripture, its details, with other scriptures, can glean, given the facts, including those pertaining to the "fall feasts," the order of service of the Levitical priests serving in the temple, the timing of John the Baptist's birth,.................................. that the Lord Jesus Christ was not born in December, but was born in the fall. But then again, Catholics, like most, only give the scriptures a "passing glance."

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Golly, Christmas is so much fun no matter which side you fall on. Just make sure to rightly divide.:roses:

You know, I love the music in that video clip and the way the star looks, the warm imagery. It was not meant to be some theological statement, it was just a nice share for the season. But as usual, the hatemongers crew had to come along with their garbage, right on time like clockwork, and just tear stuff down. I am fed up with that childish crap

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Because Rom. 5:6-8, in each...our stead.

I was just trying to share what I thought was a nice, warm artistic visual, and a warm memory of mine since I watched that movie every year as a kid. I was not trying to make some Biblical argument. I am sorry that I was the cause for those two imbeciles to start an argument in your thread.

glorydaz

You know, I love the music in that video clip and the way the star looks, the warm imagery. It was not meant to be some theological statement, it was just a nice share for the season. But as usual, the hatemongers crew had to come along with their garbage, right on time like clockwork, and just tear stuff down. I am fed up with that childish crap

We can enjoy the video and still be free to discuss it, right? Don't take it personally. That's what we do here....discuss things....all things.

Nice video, btw. :)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
We can enjoy the video and still be free to discuss it, right? Don't take it personally. That's what we do here....discuss things....all things.

Nice video, btw. :)

Thanks.

Yes, discussion is good, and I know that is what YOU do. But the mean-spirited attacks that they are so well known for, at least in response to anything posted by ME, are not discussions. They're just rude.

Anyway, I am out of the thread.

glorydaz

I was just trying to share what I thought was a nice, warm artistic visual, and a warm memory of mine since I watched that movie every year as a kid. I was not trying to make some Biblical argument. I am sorry that I was the cause for those two imbeciles to start an argument in your thread.

You gotta admit some interesting facts came out. I found them to be so.

Danoh

Enjoyed the video.

Not to worry, I am simply not bothered by the obvious spirit of such people.

Despite the intended claims of such, the following is ever obvious in such.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

All their t's crossed and their dots, properly dottet, but the ones that actually mattered.

One cannot win with such, no use trying.

Again, thanks for the video.

Romans 5:6-8.