May I ask...

Hoping

Banned
Hi.
May I ask what is the main draw of mid-Acts-dispensationalism?
Is there something about it that other sects are missing out on?
What/where is the profit in following it?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
May I ask what is the main draw of mid-Acts-dispensationalism?

Being able to read a verse in the Bible and let it mean exactly what it says.

Is there something about it that other sects are missing out on?

The ability to take God at His word.

What/where is the profit in following it?

Follow? It's not something to be followed. It's simply rightly dividing scripture.

Hoping

Banned
Being able to read a verse in the Bible and let it mean exactly what it says.

The ability to take God at His word.

Follow? It's not something to be followed. It's simply rightly dividing scripture.
If you don't "follow it" or adhere to it, what penalty is there?
Anything eternal?

Right Divider

Body part
If you don't "follow it" or adhere to it, what penalty is there?
Anything eternal?
1Cor 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Cor 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Note that Paul did NOT follow Christ the way that you and many others do (or try to do).

Hoping

Banned
1Cor 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Cor 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Note that Paul did NOT follow Christ the way that you and many others do (or try to do).
Paul heard, believed, was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, received the gift of the Holy Ghost, forsook sin, spoke in tongues, witnessed to others, and tried to endure faithfully until his end.
That is how I follow Paul, who followed Christ.
Am I already a mid-Acts-dispensationalist without even knowing it?

Hoping

Banned
The apparent contradiction between James 2:24 and Romans 4:5.

James 2:24 - You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Romans 4:5 - to him who does not work but believes...his faith is accounted for righteousness...
I hope that now you see that James is talking about post conversion "good deeds" and Paul is talking about the works of the Law...circumcision and dietary rules for instance.
(James)...We can say we have faith all day, but if we are not willing to help those in need, that faith is a sham. Faith must be manifested.
(Paul)...Circumcision, tithing, dietary rules, and feast keeping will not save you. They don't facilitate or manifest conversion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I hope that now you see that James is talking about post conversion "good deeds" and Paul is talking about the works of the Law...circumcision and dietary rules for instance.
(James)...We can say we have faith all day, but if we are not willing to help those in need, that faith is a sham. Faith must be manifested.
(Paul)...Circumcision, tithing, dietary rules, and feast keeping will not save you. They don't facilitate or manifest conversion.

Not even close.

You're trying to explain away the verses as if they're talking about different things.

They're not.

The reason you get this wrong is because you do not rightly divide.

The verses mean EXACTLY what they say, and are, in fact, antithetical to each other. Paul says that you cannot be saved by works. James says that you must do works in order to be saved.

The problem isn't a matter of when the works are done, or even what works are being done. It's a matter of whom their audience is.

This is why we say that reading other people's mail as if it were addressed to you will only result in confusion, and you're a prime example of this.

The issue is resolved when you realize that Paul is speaking to Gentiles, and that James is speaking to a YET FUTURE group of the children of Israel, yes, relative to the present, those who will go through the Great Tribulation, when God will return to working with Israel under the New Covenant.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The problem isn't a matter of when the works are done, or even what works are being done. It's a matter of whom their audience is.
I like using this example: A father will tell his 4-year-old, "Never light a match, it's not a toy." The father will then tell his 14-year-old, "The house is a bit too cold. Light a fire in the fireplace for us." Did the father contradict himself? No. Different message for two completely different audiences.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul heard, believed, was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins,
Paul was baptized by a law abiding Jew that did NOT have any knowledge of the gospel of the grace of God. Neither did Paul at that time! Paul learned this later as God revealed it to him by continued revelations.
received the gift of the Holy Ghost, forsook sin, spoke in tongues, witnessed to others, and tried to endure faithfully until his end.
Blindness is your most apparent attribute.
That is how I follow Paul, who followed Christ.
2Cor 5:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more. (5:17) Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he][ is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Paul followed the RISEN Jesus Christ and NOT the Jewish one.
Am I already a mid-Acts-dispensationalist without even knowing it?
Attempted humor... how cute.

Right Divider

Body part
I like using this example: A father will tell his 4-year-old, "Never light a match, it's not a toy." The father will then tell his 14-year-old, "The house is a bit too cold. Light a fire in the fireplace for us." Did the father contradict himself? No. Different message for two completely different audiences.
Great example.

Matt 10:9-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:9) Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, (10:10) Nor scrip for [your] journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Luke 22:35-36 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. (22:36) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.