ECT May I ask what you believe . . .

Cross Reference

. . . . when you speak of God's law being kept, what are you considering God's law to be, the "Ten Commandments"?

I asked this of "Livelystone" but, he failed to reply to it which created doubt in mind as to his foundational "footing" being level.

HisServant

. . . . when you speak of God's law being kept, what are you considering God's law to be, the "Ten Commandments"?

I asked this of "Livelystone" but, he failed to reply to it which created doubt in mind as to his foundational "footing" being level.

I believe that the Old Testament was a covenant that was ruled by keeping the laws (10 commandments and Levitical law), whereas the New Testament is ruled by the golden rule and keeping a clear conscious.

Whereas Israel did not have the Holy Spirit given to them to guide them inwardly, we now have the Holy Spirit in us as believers (those he has chosen from the foundation of the world) to guide us into how we should live. (I also believe that the Holy Spirit guides each individual slightly different in their walk... one size does NOT fit all).

So do we keep the 10 commandments... yes, insomuch as they apply to Gentiles and we are guided by he spirit... which is why the Sabbath is no longer applicable, at least for me... yet it might be applicable to someone else (just as scripture says.. we are not to argue about them).

Cross Reference

I believe that the Old Testament was a covenant that was ruled by keeping the laws (10 commandments and Levitical law), whereas the New Testament is ruled by the golden rule and keeping a clear conscious.

Whereas Israel did not have the Holy Spirit given to them to guide them inwardly, we now have the Holy Spirit in us as believers (those he has chosen from the foundation of the world) to guide us into how we should live. (I also believe that the Holy Spirit guides each individual slightly different in their walk... one size does NOT fit all).

So do we keep the 10 commandments... yes, insomuch as they apply to Gentiles and we are guided by he spirit... which is why the Sabbath is no longer applicable, at least for me... yet it might be applicable to someone else (just as scripture says.. we are not to argue about them).

Re your above: Where do you place this in your thinking?

"O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea" Isaiah 48:18 (KJV)

Does it not speak of man having the capability to obey God?

oatmeal

That is a broad subject.

We are no longer under the law of Moses for righteousness because we have been given righteousness

Romans 13:10 tells us that love fulfills the law, so we love

HisServant

Re your above: Where do you place this in your thinking?

"O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea" Isaiah 48:18 (KJV)

Does it not speak of man having the capability to obey God?

That is what the Jews of Jesus time believed and he proved them wrong.

Even if you could be obedient down to the smallest detail, you would still not be saved.

I really am tired and have run out of patience with anyone that would have me obey their interpretation of scripture... I'm tired of following anti-christs.

Cross Reference

That is what the Jews of Jesus time believed and he proved them wrong.

Even if you could be obedient down to the smallest detail, you would still not be saved.

I really am tired and have run out of patience with anyone that would have me obey their interpretation of scripture... I'm tired of following anti-christs.

That quote was God speaking to the Israelites by Isaiah. There is nothing of Jesus in that Ergo, it is not about salvation. Try reading it again with that in mind. Compare it with Deut 6 through chapter 8 for the time frame God was alluding to.

HisServant

That quote was God speaking to the Israelites by Isaiah. There is nothing of Jesus in that Ergo, it is not about salvation. Try reading it again with that in mind. Compare it with Deut 6 through chapter 8 for the time frame God was alluding to.

I know exactly what was written and why... you need to get your dispensationaist mind freed from its chains before you can understand it correctly.

Buzzword

. . . . when you speak of God's law being kept

I don't.

I speak in terms of following Christ.
Christ's commands are much more general than OT law, yet are much more difficult to keep because they run contrary to our nature.

Yet they lead to a much more desirable state of mind and spirit than all the ancient Hebrew minutiae combined could ever hope to achieve.

dreadknought

A thought: we in the 21st century have lost conscience.. where do we find it? In God's Word, the Decalogue, or the thoughts of men?

Sheila B

With out the basic 10 one has not even begun to "keep anything". But Jesus raised the bar to "death to self" to love our neighbor more than ourselves, just as He had done for us.

How we each live that out will be shown when we receive our rewards or loss. 1 Cor 3:15

Cross Reference

A thought: we in the 21st century have lost conscience.. where do we find it? In God's Word, the Decalogue, or the thoughts of men?

Jesus is our example in this as well:

Relationship comes first. One must be born again. After that, to learn the Father (Jn 17:3).In that process will you find yourself in Him that the baptiism by Christ Jesus, Pentecost, unto a most perfect understanding of the "WHY" of our salvation, will be evidenced from your life as it was from the Apostles. In this, there can be no distinctions made.

It is not complicated.