march madness 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He had Arizona beating them.

I would say it is possible, but I am not sure about probable. Duke, now that my ranting is over, has enough talent. And Wisconsin is developed with seniors and not one-and-done players. Virginia is also good enough.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
where is tet when I need him?

Notre Dame beat Duke and NC twice each in the same season this year.

The only teams in the past 25 years to do so was Florida St in 2012 and Georgia Tech in 1996.

However, three of Notre Dame's four wins took place in the state of North Carolina, including the last two.

As for who plays NC and Duke twice in the same season, it's different each year because of the expanded ACC, and it depends on the matchups in the ACC tourney.

For example, ND played Duke three times this year; twice in the regular season, and once in the ACC tourney, whereas ND only played NC once in the regular season, but then again in the ACC tourney

In the old days, each ACC team played the other ACC teams twice each season.

So, hypothetically, a team could play Duke and NC three times each in a season if they played each of them twice in the regular season, and then faced each of them in the ACC tourney.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Notre Dame beat Duke and NC twice each in the same season this year.

The only teams in the past 25 years to do so was Florida St in 2012 and Georgia Tech in 1996.

However, three of Notre Dame's four wins took place in the state of North Carolina, including the last two.

As for who plays NC and Duke twice in the same season, it's different each year because of the expanded ACC, and it depends on the matchups in the ACC tourney.

For example, ND played Duke three times this year; twice in the regular season, and once in the ACC tourney, whereas ND only played NC once in the regular season, but then again in the ACC tourney

In the old days, each ACC team played the other ACC teams twice each season.

So, hypothetically, a team could play Duke and NC three times each in a season if they played each of them twice in the regular season, and then faced each of them in the ACC tourney.

he does that just to get a pos rep from me

thanks tet

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am having withdrawls. Watching Kentucky wax Duke will be a good fix. I kind of hope it comes to it. And I don't even like Kentucky.

SEC! SEC! SEC! :idunno:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am having withdrawls. Watching Kentucky wax Duke will be a good fix. I kind of hope it comes to it. And I don't even like Kentucky.

SEC! SEC! SEC! :idunno:

have you given up on wisconsin already?

there is a chance that nd will beat them for you

don't you think you can beat nd?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
have you given up on wisconsin already?

I have no vested interest, save for Duke losing in their easy bracket. What I think will happen and what I want to happen are not the same thing. Have a seat, Col Klink.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Wisconsin can knock over Kentucky. It isn't that will do it, they have the ability. So the NCAA will put Wisconsin in the worst bracket. They always do this. They have a killer bracket and then one cream puff.

so who do you have knocking over wisconsin?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you going to predict that 32 seeded teams will lose this Thursday and Friday?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have no vested interest, save for Duke losing in their easy bracket.

ESPN Films 30 For 30 had a really good show on last night called "I Hate Christian Laettner".

If you hate Duke (like I do), it's a must watch.

But, I have to say, that after watching it, you won't hate Christian Laettner.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't hate Christian Laettner. Not now, not then. I cheered when Larry Johnson and company spanked them by 30, and cheered for them when they beat the flop five.

I just don't like Duke's constant weak kneed brackets. Wisconsin and Arizona are both ahead of Duke yet in the same bracket seeded 1 and 2. In that bracket also are underachievers but very talented North Carolina and Ohio State.

drbrumley

Just did my bracket....2 big things jumped out. St Johns beats Duke in 2nd round. #11 BYU almost makes it to the final four as does #5 Utah. Both lose in elite eight games. Kentucky wins it all.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just did my bracket. Don't feel great about it though.

Final Four is ND vs Ariz and UVA vs Duke

Title game is Ariz vs UVA with Arizona winning.

I have MD beating Kentucky. I actually think Kentucky will win it all but I want to have some fun with the bracket so I'm not picking it that way.

A 12-5 upset is as high as I went this year. I normally try to find at least one 4-13 or 3-14 upset but I just couldn't do it this year.

My highest seed in the Elite 8 is Northern Iowa at #5. No big risks.

I do have Wich St (7), Dayton (11), NC St (8), Davidson (10), and SF Austin (12) in the Sweet 16.

Meh. :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A 12-5 upset is as high as I went this year. I normally try to find at least one 4-13 or 3-14 upset but I just couldn't do it this year.

It would be easier to pick if Syracuse were around to lose to Rhode Island. Lute Olson had a few head scratchers too back in the day.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
ESPN Films 30 For 30 had a really good show on last night called "I Hate Christian Laettner".

If you hate Duke (like I do), it's a must watch.

But, I have to say, that after watching it, you won't hate Christian Laettner.

just watched it
really good
I don't hate duke
never have
never will
I had no idea laettner was that good

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just don't like Duke's constant weak kneed brackets. Wisconsin and Arizona are both ahead of Duke yet in the same bracket seeded 1 and 2.

Because the NCAA wants a Duke vs. Kentucky Championship Game.

They put Wisconsin and Arizona in the same bracket because they wanted to make sure that Kentucky got to play either Wisconsin or Arizona in the Final Four (Semi-round). Therefore, Wisconsin vs. Arizona eliminates one of them because Duke couldn't beat Wisconsin or Arizona, and the team that survives plays Kentucky.

Duke gets a cakewalk, so they can make it to the Championship Game.

No other matchup would draw a bigger audience for the Championship Game than Duke vs. Kentucky.