march madness 2015

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yeah, it took a lot of integrity to take yourself out in a season where you aren't very good anyway. :eek:

And way to punish a bunch of kids who had nothing to do with the offenses.

it was due to academic infractions
so
the kids had something to do with it

Quincy

Oh, you guys are excited for a tournament where the winner is already known?

cal-laugh.gif

Seriously though, nine for UK is going to be fine.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All the stats in the world will not stop Kentucky. They could do the opposite of 85 Villanova and go out that way. But that is about it.

I was thinking there are a couple of teams that can knock them off with a good game and Kentucky is off or their heads are thinking about how great they are.

Wisconsin can do it. They are fundamentally sound like something I haven't seen in some time. Like a Bob Knight coached team.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And way to punish a bunch of kids who had nothing to do with the offenses.

A bowl ban for two years can hurt a school because of the loss of capital. It doesn't hurt the players except it would make them feel bad for a while. Making the round of 64 doesn't pay as much as making the Orange Bowl.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A bowl ban for two years can hurt a school because of the loss of capital. It doesn't hurt the players except it would make them feel bad for a while. Making the round of 64 doesn't pay as much as making the Orange Bowl.

has syracuse ever made it to the orange bowl?

that would be interesting

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
has syracuse ever made it to the orange bowl?

Is google broke this morning? Florida jumped out to a 28-3 half time lead. The Head Ball Coach took his foot off the pedal, something he does on rare occasion, and Florida walked away with a 31-10 win. Syracuse got the right to go to the game by losing to Miami by 50 on the final week of the regular season.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Is google broke this morning? Florida jumped out to a 28-3 half time lead. The Head Ball Coach took his foot off the pedal, something he does on rare occasion, and Florida walked away with a 31-10 win. Syracuse got the right to go to the game by losing to Miami by 50 on the final week of the regular season.

so the orange men are 0 and 3 in the orange bowl

lost to alabama by 55 points

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched Virginia lose to Duke....I think it was last Saturday. Virginia looks good enough to beat Kentucky.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
they want to reduce the shot clock from 35 to 30 sec

I don't like run and gun
and
I like to see them run the picket fence
and
that takes time

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just get it over with and name your final four. One reason I don't like to do it is two of the 4 best often end up in the same bracket. It is best to wait for the field of 64. I choose not to watch or acknowledge those play in games.

Son of Jack

In the first round, it will be the worst team in the tournament. Which you already know. So who is the 65th best team in DI?

This is what's kinda frustrating about the tournament. It's not the 65 best teams because they take a bunch of schools who win their conference tournaments. The conference tournament often have winners who weren't the best team in the conference for most of the year. So, Kentucky will end up playing somebody like South Florida A&M, School for the Blind and Deaf, who got hot in their conference tournament and managed to win it, despite having a losing record for the season.

That said, I usually love the tournament overall, especially when we get down to the Sweet 16 and have the big boys going head to head.