ECT MADists don't follow Paul

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're real funny, Mayor. Why don't you go down to the local KOC(Knights Of Columbus), and put grease on the old ladies eye glass chains?

Oh, you're a regular Mr McBeavy aren't you? Silver hat, jingle when you walk, and smoke coming out your ears.

musterion

Can't you MAD have a serious discussion for even 5 minutes? Life altering theology issues at play here and you're talking about TV show reruns. No wonder some people don't take us seriously.

*scratches butt*

Interplanner

2P2P is the title of the chapter in D'ISM TODAY by Ryrie back in the day, that he said was the definitive doctrine of D'ism. Two peoples, and two programs.

If there is more than just pitting Israel vs believers, then, yes, it may as well be xPxP for infinity.

It seems very odd that a faith with an offer of salvation to all would bother with one particular ethne and provide special offers to them but not to other ethnes.

This is why Mt 21's parable said that the kingdom would not belong to another 'ethne'--a brilliant word choice, because it could no longer by racial/genetic (even though that is what you used that word for in that kind of Greek). He meant that the believer in the Gospel is indeed a type of person, nullifying deals and contingencies for other ethnes.

Danoh

2P2P is the title of the chapter in D'ISM TODAY by Ryrie back in the day, that he said was the definitive doctrine of D'ism. Two peoples, and two programs.

If there is more than just pitting Israel vs believers, then, yes, it may as well be xPxP for infinity.

It seems very odd that a faith with an offer of salvation to all would bother with one particular ethne and provide special offers to them but not to other ethnes.

This is why Mt 21's parable said that the kingdom would not belong to another 'ethne'--a brilliant word choice, because it could no longer by racial/genetic (even though that is what you used that word for in that kind of Greek). He meant that the believer in the Gospel is indeed a type of person, nullifying deals and contingencies for other ethnes.

And Ryrie was too quick in the above.

For the actual distinction that is Dispensationalism is simply Distinctions In Identities and this was the case back when God first called Abraham apart from the rest of the world in Genesis 11.

This was reinforced in the following...

Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Interplanner

And Ryrie was too quick in the above.

For the actual distinction that is Dispensationalism is simply Distinctions In Identities and this was the case back when God first called Abraham apart from the rest of the world in Genesis 11.

This was reinforced in the following...

Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

If it was a matter of true spiritual rightness, it is open to all people. If it is genetics, then it is only about Israel. But Paul told us Israel's/Judaism's mistake in Gal 3:17.

What does "too quick" mean?

Danoh

If it was a matter of true spiritual rightness, it is open to all people. If it is genetics, then it is only about Israel. But Paul told us Israel's/Judaism's mistake in Gal 3:17.

What does "too quick" mean?

As I am sure you are well aware from your knowledge of the history of the development of the school of thought you subscribe to, there are times within said development where it has later turned out that a thing was concluded on too soon and or labled in a way that later writers found could have been developed a bit further before settling on a conclusion and or description.

By the way, how's your books business going; well, I hope.

Right Divider

Body part

Always the false accusations. MAD does NOT "pit Israel vs believers". MAD simply recognizes the differences in God's unfolding of His plans throughout history.

Danoh

MADists claim to be followers of Paul.

They claim Paul was given his very own gospel (different than the one Peter taught) by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

No one is disputing that Paul was taught by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ, the dispute is whether or not is was a different gospel than the one Peter taught.

Paul did the following right after he began preaching his gospel to the Gentiles:

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Why did Paul go back to Jerusalem and meet in private with the leaders in Jerusalem to see if what he was preaching to the Gentiles was in vain or not?

How would these leaders (who MAD claim were in the "kingdom program"), know if the gospel Paul preached was correct or not?

MAD's claim that Paul preached a different gospel is incorrect.

In Acts 15, Paul found himself getting nowhere with those who asserted the Gentiles had to submit to the ritual of Circimcision and keep the Law of Moses.

As a result, when he returned, he determined not to meet with them, lest he should waste his time again. Towards avoiding that, he determined to meet first with their leadership.

Who do we find putting them in check at Jerusalem in Acts 15; their leadership after said leadership's private meeting with Paul.

Another point - obviously, those assemblies under James, Peter, and John kept the Law.

Acts 21 is crystal clear on this.

For not keeping it only became an issue when it became known that the Gentiles under Paul were not under the Law, and again, when it was later made known that those Jews under Paul were also not required to.

And Paul writes Galatians in light of all this being the case; in light of this distinction.

There this issue is again, in Acts 21 - a clear distinction between "the Israel of God" that Paul mentions both in Romans 2:29's "of God," and again, in Galatians 6:15's "of God," on the one hand, and the "image of His Son" that he mentions in Romans 8:29 and Galatians 6:15' "new creature" on the other hand.

Danoh

Thus, Paul's mention at the end of Galatians 6 of his desire that both groups return to the very rule or principle that had resulted in peace between them in Acts 15 - their mutual understanding that God's mercy in place of His wrath, had come upon both.

Last edited: