ECT MAD fails on the gift and age of the Spirit

Danoh

Peter, James, etc. were lost unless they had the faith of Paul's gospel?
[/COLOR]If they had the same faith as Paul's gospel, would they not be in the BOC?

I believe part of my post was "After Israel's fall as a nation; their believing remnant having been sealed..."

musterion

Jew and Gentile have equal opportunity to come to Christ.

When Jesus died on the cross and rose again. All were put on equal footing to believe Gospel [John 3:16].

If I may...

Right off the bat, Christ told the disciples not to go to Gentiles (Matt 10:5).

He described Himself as sent to none but the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matt 15:24), excluding Gentiles.

Before He ascended, He did send them out...but to start at Jerusalem, not preaching to whomever they came across first (there was again the same definite priority as before, Luke 24:47).

Peter had to be made to go see Cornelius, a righteous Gentile, and the irked disciples demanded he explain himself (Acts 11:3) [note that all those men were filled with the Holy Spirit the whole time, so the usual theories of racism and bigotry just won't fly].

The saved Jews who fled Jerusalem preached Messiah wherever they went, but not to Gentiles (Acts 11:19).

A definite change took place somewhere along the line, but before it happened the order clearly was "to the Jew first" (Rom 1:16). But if you'd rather not discuss it, I'll drop it.

DAN P

So let me see if I understand you, Jesus who was a Jew is not head of His own body which includes Jews? And Peter, James, John, Jude are not part of the body of Christ because they are Jews? It's getting real scary in here. :aimiel:

1 Cor 12

Hi and here it is again and I see why you will NOT believe Paul wrote in Gal 3:28 and it reads , There CANNOT BE Jews nor Greek there cannot be SLAVE nor FREE , there CANNOT be MALE and FEMALE , for you ARE / ESTE ( PRESENT TENSE ) all in CHRIST Jesus !!

I don't want to offend you , BUT PENTECOSTALS will never believe what Paul wrote NOR understand the 4 verb tense mean !!

The tenses and the are 4 and 3 of them are CANNOT BE /ENI are in the Present tense and mean that they are speaking in only the Gospel that Paul preached , the MYSTERY !!

The fourth verb is also in the Present Tense whkich is ARE / ESTE which means we are always in Christ and you your selve will never lose your salvation , OSAS , just for starters as there is more to what the Holy Spirit has written in Gal 3:28 and I try to only give PEARLS to those who are expanding in GRACE !!

DAN P

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If I may...

Peter had to be made to go see Cornelius, a righteous Gentile, and the irked disciples demanded he explain himself (Acts 11:3) [note that all those men were filled with the Holy Spirit the whole time, so the usual theories of racism and bigotry just won't fly].

If all were filled with the same measure why was Stephen the one who got stoned?

The saved Jews who fled Jerusalem preached Messiah wherever they went, but not to Gentiles (Acts 11:19).

Nope....

Verse 20.....

20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.

A definite change took place somewhere along the line, but before it happened the order clearly was "to the Jew first" (Rom 1:16). But if you'd rather not discuss it, I'll drop it.

If there was a DEFINITE change you could DEFINITELY point out when it happened.

But alas, it just must not of been so definite after all. :rip:

john w

Hall of Fame
The gentiles were not considered dogs by Jesus. Jew and Gentile have equal opportunity to come to Christ. That is the new covenant.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116370-The-Bible-is-a-book-of-details-contrasts

_

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Interplanner

If all were filled with the same measure why was Stephen the one who got stoned?

Nope....

Verse 20.....

20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.

If there was a DEFINITE change you could DEFINITELY point out when it happened.

But alas, it just must not of been so definite after all. :rip:

It was not a "d'ist" change to go to the Jew first; it was a mission strategy. It was also practical because they had background already.

musterion

It was not a "d'ist" change to go to the Jew first; it was a mission strategy. It was also practical because they had background already.

False. Pure speculation.

There was already a sound plan in place, generally referred to as the great commission. It was never completed by the 12 and Paul received a different commission with a previously unknown Gospel.

Interplanner

False. Pure speculation.

There was already a sound plan in place, generally referred to as the great commission. It was never completed by the 12 and Paul received a different commission with a previously unknown Gospel.

There were 221 (at least) ready to go by the day of Pentecost. There is no debate about to the Jew first because of Mt 10 etc, which had been completed. It was next a matter of using them to preach to the nations, which is the vision referenced in Rom 10. Let that sink in. That was the vision for Israel all along. The combined force of Pentecost and of the preachers mentioned there is what exploded the movement from Spain to India in one generation. I'd say: 1, it was there and 2, it succeeded.

So much for "speculation."

Paul preached the same Gospel and was able to finish the work, as mentioned twice. I tim 2, and Col 1. The two gospels nonsense is from 2P2P which is an entirely false approach.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Of course not, it was prophesied that it would happen, hence it is why Paul stated his ministry was a part of the fulfillment of God's word in the OT.

Colossians 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There were 221 (at least) ready to go by the day of Pentecost. There is no debate about to the Jew first because of Mt 10 etc, which had been completed. It was next a matter of using them to preach to the nations, which is the vision referenced in Rom 10. Let that sink in. That was the vision for Israel all along. The combined force of Pentecost and of the preachers mentioned there is what exploded the movement from Spain to India in one generation. I'd say: 1, it was there and 2, it succeeded.

Paul preached the same Gospel and was able to finish the work, as mentioned twice. I tim 2, and Col 1. The two gospels nonsense is from 2P2P which is an entirely false approach.

Which is why Muster will not touch my post with a ten foot pole.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
False. Pure speculation.

Peter's epistles show a different truth that yer not in tune with.

musterion

False.

Acts 1:8 didn't happen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi,

Speaking in tongues is only one of the gifts, but it is noteworthy that while some have other of the gifts, those who speak against tongues have no other of the gifts either,

and ,

Those who do have other gifts than tongues, do not speak against the gift of tongues.

LA

Face it, you don't know what you're talking about. Come on, be honest you're among friends.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To be fair; I ALWAYS understand you just fine, and have often even explained some of your words to others.

Other than your obviously higher intelect, education and thus, much wider ranging vocabulary, it is not you, it is some others.

You are sharp in your kinds of distinctions; I'll give you that.

Nevertheless, I still find I strongly disagree with where you are coming from - more often than not :chuckle:

Par for the course in all walks of life, bro.

You're always making with the "Wisecracks," huh? You won't earn my respect that way, pal. By the way, learn how to use "Spell check" okay. It'll make ya look a little smarter than you are. Trust me on that.