ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Interplanner

That is YOUR CONFUSED reasoning into that.

As confused as your explanation.

It was not for them to know until the work had been done...but their destiny had not been what Israel had thought?

Israel's mission was their ambassadorship to the world.

But just as the RCC the Reformed both arose out of, but never fully "reformed" away from; you also have ended up doing what Israel's spiritual shephards (Pharisees and the Sadducies) over His sheep (Israel) had made of said mission.

Only, in the Reformed's/your square peg forced into a round hole; they/you "replace" or turn the Body's mission, with, or into Israel's.

You don't know isaiah, and you don't know what the NT is doing with Isaiah.

Danoh

And so why is this so-called restoration missing from Acts 13 and 26? Why does Paul lament that they are 'wasting their effort' in 26? He's about to be punished, so why doesn't he make friends and tell them, 'no worries, there's a restoration coming in X000 years?'

But of course, you're missing the point that there is no theological reason for a restoration. The mission of God since Isaiah (and said in ch 44-45 to be declared since 'ancient time'--Genesis) is not to amass things in the land of Israel but to get the message of redemption through God's righteousness out to the ends of the earth.

You never mention this, you don't seem to know a thing about it, yet it is the very shape and mindset of Acts!

Very simple.

Israel's mission is not Paul's.

Moses'/Israel's...is Matt. 10/Acts 3.

Paul's/the Body's...is Acts 9/Eph.3.

Danoh

IP, you often remind me of the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 1-3, in their bickering over who their actual spiritual leader was.

Where he laments his finding that because of that, they had not grown in their basic understanding of the gospel of Christ to a point that would have allowed him to share with them that higher truth "the wisdom of God in a mystery..."

Right Divider

Body part
And you fault me for chopping the Bible! It doesn't matter: it says that whole shadow era is OVER, DONE, DEAD, DISSOLVED. Are you really that dense?
Rightly dividing is not Bible chopping, but what else would we expect from you. You quote wrongly and ...

Everything in the book to the Hebrews is all about Israel. Clear to anyone without a preconceived agenda.

The book of the Revelation is just like that too, all about Israel.

Danoh

You don't know isaiah, and you don't know what the NT is doing with Isaiah.

Problem is...I don't know Isaiah through books "about" Isaiah; other than those cited by him, in Isaiah 8:20.

Problem is...you know Isaiah through the endless books "about" Isaiah that many men make a good living off of, on book parroting book readers like you.

Their every next new book "about"...ever your next new Ipod excitement over material things...all over again...

musterion

Rightly dividing is not Bible chopping, but what else would we expect from you. You quote wrongly and ...

Everything in the book to the Hebrews is all about Israel. Clear to anyone without a preconceived agenda.

The book of the Revelation is just like that too, all about Israel.

Hebrews and Revelation add the spicy kick of legal perseverance and potential damnation to their Bible smoothies. They just don't dig that plain old vanilla Grace flavor.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 1

3 to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. 4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

As opposed to "there is no restoration for you", he said you don't need to know the timing.

Interplanner

Danoh the Knower wrote:
you also have ended up doing what Israel's spiritual shephards (Pharisees and the Sadducies) over His sheep (Israel) had made of said mission.

I know of no greater disaster posing as logic.

You know what they did with 'SAID' mission: they proselytized people and made them come to Jerusalem three times a year or they weren't "in." A Messianic pastor this morning blasted all Christians for the same thing on the radio. We are all supposed to travel to Jerusalem 3x a year or we are not 1st class Christians.

Enjoy your company.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since Lazy Afternoon has publicly accused me of "Beating my Wife." I feel the necessity to explain myself. Personally, I have never beaten anyone. (Except for those 6 thugs who attacked me in an alley 20 years ago, four of which ended up in the Hospital with minor abrasions and concussions.) Even that, was in self-defense of my life. At least they learned their lesson and turned their lives around.

I got married in 1973. I married my High School sweetheart. After 12 years of matrimony, she grew weary of my habit of picking the cobwebs off our living room ceiling by merely reaching up, clutching them in my fingertips and placing them in my pants pocket. You see, I'm very tall and have the arm length of an Orangutan. She suffered in silence over that period of time and when she could bear it no more, she asked for a Divorce. From that moment on I vowed to never remarry.

I thought I should explain this egregious accusation so it doesn't draw any further questions.

musterion

Danoh the Knower wrote:
you also have ended up doing what Israel's spiritual shephards (Pharisees and the Sadducies) over His sheep (Israel) had made of said mission.

I know of no greater disaster posing as logic.

You know what they did with 'SAID' mission: they proselytized people and made them come to Jerusalem three times a year or they weren't "in." A Messianic pastor this morning blasted all Christians for the same thing on the radio. We are all supposed to travel to Jerusalem 3x a year or we are not 1st class Christians.

Enjoy your company.

Did you explain yesterday's comment about Israelolatry?

Interplanner

Did you explain yesterday's comment about Israelolatry?

There are people who think the restoration of Israel 1, needs to happen theologically, 2, think that it will, and 3, consider it a greater benefit to Christianity than the death and resurrection of Christ.

Another form are the Zionist superiorists who place Israel the nation and race above all others 'in God's created order.'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA, has thus:

1) Predicted by untimely demise. She declared a few years ago that I would be BEHEADED, by no doubt a "Headsman's ax."
2) I have a bad habit of beating my non-existent Wife.

I can hardly wait to see what else I'm up to?

Right Divider

Body part
There are people who think the restoration of Israel 1, needs to happen theologically, 2, think that it will, and 3, consider it a greater benefit to Christianity than the death and resurrection of Christ.

Another form are the Zionist superiorists who place Israel the nation and race above all others 'in God's created order.'
Was Israel ever above the other nations?

Deut 14:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:2) For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that [are] upon the earth.

But that's right, you say that they got cancelled.

Interplanner

Was Israel ever above the other nations?

Deut 14:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:2) For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that [are] upon the earth.

But that's right, you say that they got cancelled.

I don't think that is racial as the Zionist was saying. Yes, there was a privilege for a while. And that resulted in very useful background for the mission, which the age of the Messianic mission wanted to use to maximum impact as it spread around the world.

What the modern Messianic (as heard today in Seattle) says is that you aren't really a Christian unless you are observing all festivals, change your calendars, etc. Ie, the criterion is all the ceremonial things of the torah. His is not based on Christ fulfilling those as in 'Christ is our passover.' He also wants those people to go to Jerusalem 3x a year, etc.

All I heard was a person who thought the Gospel was a piddly event that didn't amount to near as much as a restored Israel.

musterion

Give us names on that last one. Who on TOL believes that? Sounds like more of your bogus claims that you never are able to document.

Today? No. Anyone who does so in light of Romans 9-11 is in error.

Someday? Yes. Else God is a liar because His promises to them will be fulfilled.

Why do you bother with TOL when you believe God is a liar?