ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Interplanner

Of course it is, you're just to stupid and stubborn to understand it. Jesus said that NOW His kingdom from not "from hence". This CLEARLY shows that it was just NOW and NOT later.

You just keep starting new threads to waste everyone's time.

No that is a 2nd hand understanding of old English. It is not that way in Greek. There are lots of examples about 'nun' (the koine term for now) where it is throw -away, especially in John. There are other 'particles' which are that way, too, not just that one.

You know, in the sense of 'not from here' that he used, even if a millenial kingdom was going to happen, it would not be from here (ordinary human government), so you're kind of off the track both ways. I'm very familiar with what people think the millenium is, but there is just no reason why it needs to happen, given the way the NT reads about things fulfilled in Christ already.

Try to calm down and think clearly or ask clear questions. don't be quick to judge and dis.

Right Divider

Body part
No that is a 2nd hand understanding of old English. It is not that way in Greek. There are lots of examples about 'nun' (the koine term for now) where it is throw -away, especially in John. There are other 'particles' which are that way, too, not just that one.
So now you're also a Greek expert?

You know, in the sense of 'not from here' that he used, even if a millenial kingdom was going to happen, it would not be from here (ordinary human government), so you're kind of off the track both ways. I'm very familiar with what people think the millenium is, but there is just no reason why it needs to happen, given the way the NT reads about things fulfilled in Christ already.

Try to calm down and think clearly or ask clear questions. don't be quick to judge and dis.
Instead of starting new threads how about you actually answer the existing ones? Like your stupid post about Acts 1:6?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It was never called a temporary situation. That's just 2P2P being imposed on the Bible. Once he ascended, he reigns for ever and ever.

King David never had a throne in heaven.
The house of Jacob has a history on this earth.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Interplanner

Instead of starting new threads how about you actually answer the existing ones? Like your stupid post about Acts 1:6?

I was a Greek TA at Multnomah Bible College under Goodrick. His 101 text is still pretty standard. I took one year at Master's level and translated Josephus' JEWISH WAR for one term for study about Luke-Acts.

Interplanner

He already said earlier today that Hebrew isn't a very precise language.

I don't think so; I don't remember anything along that line, but I do know there are sweeping variations. For ex., Ps 23's "he leads me beside still waters" is actually meant to say "he leads me past toxic waters" as shepherds in the near east know them.

Interplanner

King David never had a throne in heaven.
The house of Jacob has a history on this earth.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Yes it was David's and forever, but fulfilled in Christ. There is a veil of a difference between what it means ordinarily and how it is fulfilled in Christ. You have to account for Acts 13's quote of Isaiah 55, a context which immediately speaks of the mission to the nations.

So the Luke passage is still about the kingdom, but it is not as we know kingdoms. It helps first of all to realize that 'basileiu' is the reign--the power, capacity to reign--not a location. The kingdom of God is about more than just earth. That is why the unity of the church 'speaks' even to the non-human principalities and powers in the universe about the power of what Christ has done. they are astonished. Eph 3:10. So are angels. that is the unity that overcomes the Jew-Gentile difference, and I hope it overcomes the Jew-arab difference pretty soon myself. The power of this reign is the Gospel as a declaration: that God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sin.

Interplanner

I'm aware of you calling me stupid and only reply to try to help you get familiar with your Bible.

The answwer about Acts 1 was that through it we can understand why Acts has the statements that it does about the destiny and meaning and future of Israel. It was hoped that it would be the leading missionaries of Messiah's gospel. It's destiny was to be the location of the resurrection of Christ, which fulfilled all the promises to the fathers. It (at Paul's last full length comments) kept hoping for something that had already arrived in christ and it kept or practiced this by operating the worship system 'day and night.'

there are only two directions you can go from that statement: 1, abandone the system, respectfully, of course. 2, intensify your expectations, which the rebellious zealots did, assassinating temple staff in the 6th decade because they were not 'pure' enough and thinking that would bring a battle-victorious messiah to liberate Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't think so; I don't remember anything along that line, but I do know there are sweeping variations. For ex., Ps 23's "he leads me beside still waters" is actually meant to say "he leads me past toxic waters" as shepherds in the near east know them.

What church or denomination have you been affiliated with?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Obviously, you must have a good reason for not exposing what church or denomination you were indoctrinated by. Most of the time you don't even make any sense.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Usually, one of the reasons posters won't admit what church they attend is, they're afraid the church may have a cult background, therefore, their opinions will be dismissed. Is that the case here?

musterion

Anyone here think there will never be a restored literal nation called Israel that carries out the purposes of God? Can you explain in one sentence why you believe that?

Right Divider

Body part
I'm aware of you calling me stupid and only reply to try to help you get familiar with your Bible.
What would we do without you? It is you that needs the help, and not I.

The answwer about Acts 1 was that through it we can understand why Acts has the statements that it does about the destiny and meaning and future of Israel. It was hoped that it would be the leading missionaries of Messiah's gospel. It's destiny was to be the location of the resurrection of Christ, which fulfilled all the promises to the fathers. It (at Paul's last full length comments) kept hoping for something that had already arrived in christ and it kept or practiced this by operating the worship system 'day and night.'
Nonsense, just more silly speculation from you.

there are only two directions you can go from that statement: 1, abandone the system, respectfully, of course. 2, intensify your expectations, which the rebellious zealots did, assassinating temple staff in the 6th decade because they were not 'pure' enough and thinking that would bring a battle-victorious messiah to liberate Israel.
That is more philosophy and does nothing to address the actual issue.

If they were in error, why did Jesus NOT correct them? With a personal 40 day training session with the Creator of all things, they couldn't understand HIM?

Sorry.... your vain theory fails the test of truth.