ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Paul never preached Acts 2:38 KJV. You're preaching an other gospel unto us...let you be accursed. Galatians 1:8-9 KJV
:yawn: You're projecting again (Ga 1:8-9). :noway:

As we do not forgive men prior to their repentance (Lk 17:3), God does not forgive us prior to repentance (Ac 2:38).

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost [Acts 2:38].

"This is for a people who had the Word of God, who had heard the message, who knew the prophecies. They had been going along in one direction, which was away from God, even though they had a God–given religion. They are told to repent. They are to turn around and come God’s way.

Peter says to them, “Repent, and be baptized.” Water baptism would be the evidence that they had repented, that they had come to Christ and had put their trust in Him.

Peter says to them, “Be baptized … in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. This will be an evidence that you have trusted Him for the remission of your sins—rather than bringing a sacrifice to be offered in the temple.” You see, their baptism would be a testimony to the fact that Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

“And ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” Anyone who believes, who puts his trust in Jesus Christ, will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: Church History (Acts 1-14) (electronic ed., Vol. 40, p. 39). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Ac 2:38. Repent—The word denotes change of mind, and here includes the reception of the Gospel as the proper issue of that revolution of mind which they were then undergoing.

baptized … for the remission of sins—as the visible seal of that remission." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 176). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

"Ac 2::38 Repent. This refers to a change of mind and purpose that turns an individual from sin to God (1 Thess. 1:9). Such change involves more than fearing the consequences of God’s judgment. Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken and the person and work of Christ totally and singularly embraced. Peter exhorted his hearers to repent, otherwise they would not experience true conversion (see note on Matt. 3:2; cf. 3:19; 5:31; 8:22; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20; Matt. 4:17)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1637). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

heir

TOL Subscriber
:yawn: You're projecting again (Ga 1:8-9). :noway:

As we do not forgive men prior to their repentance (Lk 17:3), God does not forgive us prior to repentance (Ac 2:38).

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost [Acts 2:38].

"This is for a people who had the Word of God, who had heard the message, who knew the prophecies. They had been going along in one direction, which was away from God, even though they had a God–given religion. They are told to repent. They are to turn around and come God’s way.

Peter says to them, “Repent, and be baptized.” Water baptism would be the evidence that they had repented, that they had come to Christ and had put their trust in Him.

Peter says to them, “Be baptized … in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. This will be an evidence that you have trusted Him for the remission of your sins—rather than bringing a sacrifice to be offered in the temple.” You see, their baptism would be a testimony to the fact that Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

“And ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” Anyone who believes, who puts his trust in Jesus Christ, will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: Church History (Acts 1-14) (electronic ed., Vol. 40, p. 39). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Ac 2:38. Repent—The word denotes change of mind, and here includes the reception of the Gospel as the proper issue of that revolution of mind which they were then undergoing.

baptized … for the remission of sins—as the visible seal of that remission." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 176). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

"Ac 2::38 Repent. This refers to a change of mind and purpose that turns an individual from sin to God (1 Thess. 1:9). Such change involves more than fearing the consequences of God’s judgment. Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken and the person and work of Christ totally and singularly embraced. Peter exhorted his hearers to repent, otherwise they would not experience true conversion (see note on Matt. 3:2; cf. 3:19; 5:31; 8:22; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20; Matt. 4:17)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1637). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.
At Pentecost (A Jewish Holy day), Peter preached a murder indictment to all the house of Israel (Acts 2:22-23, Acts 2:36), that they had murdered their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, but that God hath raised Him up!

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Notice, their reaction!

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Peter told them what they must do for the remission of sins. They must REPNET (change their mind) about WHO Jesus Christ was and be identified (baptized) in water for the remission of sins.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That has NOTHING to do with the fact that forgiveness has already happened for us (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV) nor does it have anything to do with the church, the Body of Christ.

Take a load off.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How sad that people aren't being told that God forgave them 2000 years ago by the faith and cross work of the Lord Jesus Christ in their place and proved it by raising Christ from the dead!

john w

Hall of Fame
Did I miss the point? I think you just repeated exactly what john w was saying. And I don't think I'm understanding anything different from his post. My point was that he was saying one needs to believe, and I'm saying that belief is the same as repentance--two sides of the same coin, perhaps--and that making Jesus Christ Lord of one's life is the same thing as belief and repentance. If there's no difference, then john's post if presenting a false dichotomy.

Made up. Not one person has ever "made Jesus Christ Lord of their life," to the standard the LORD God requires-100% compliance, "making" Him Lord in every aspect of one's life, with 100% perfection.

I have not. That is how a convicted, honest person speaks.

You've hired your bosses, have you?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[2 Co 5:19]

A change is required.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation [2 Cor. 5:19].

"Reconciliation is the ministry of changing completely. But who is changing completely? God is never changing—He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. It says that God has reconciled us to Himself. “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself.” It is the world that has been reconciled. God has reconciled the world. As we look at the world, we can see that it is going on its sinful way. “We have turned everyone to his own way” (see Isa. 53:6). But it is through Christ that the world is reconciled to God, through the death of Christ. This marvelous ministry of reconciliation is the work that Christ has done.

Let me call in another passage of Scripture concerning this. “And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight” (Col. 1:20–22). Compare this with Philippians 2:10 in which it says that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth—“under the earth” refers to hell. I want you to notice in the passage in Colossians, when it is speaking of reconciliation, only heaven and earth are mentioned. Hell is not reconciled to God. Although every being in hell will bow to Him, only those in heaven and earth are reconciled. In what way are they reconciled? “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight” (Col. 1:21–22). The death of Christ is what reconciled the world to God.

Notice that God is not reconciled—He has not changed. But the world has been put in a different position. Why? Because Christ died. You see, when Adam sinned back there in the Garden of Eden, a holy God couldn’t reach down and save him. God had to do something about his sin. God had to judge man. “The soul that sinneth, it shall die …” (Ezek. 18:20). God had told Adam, “… for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” (Gen. 2:17). Adam did die spiritually on that very day, and nine hundred years later he also died physically. When he died spiritually, he became alienated and separated from God; and he had no capacity for God. That is the condition of the world, and God had to judge that.

Now that Christ has died, the position of the world has been changed. Today God has His arms outstretched to a lost world. He says to a lost world, “You can come to Me.” The worst sinner in the world can come to Him. Today it doesn’t make any difference who you are, you can come to Him. Because Christ died, a holy God no longer deals with us in judgment, but now He reaches down to save all those who will come to Him. Jesus Christ bore all that judgment on Himself so that now the world is reconciled to God. You don’t have to do anything to win God over. God is not waiting around the corner to hit you over the head with a billy club. God is not angry with you. God does not hate you. God loves you. Christ did not come to charge man’s sins against him but to pay man’s debt.

The woman taken in adultery is an illustration of this (see John 8:1–11). The Lord Jesus said to that crowd of hypocritical religious leaders, “… He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” Then Jesus wrote something in the sand, wrote something on the earth. It is interesting that in Jeremiah 17:13 it says, “… they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.”

It tells us that they left—beginning with the old Pharisees and then down to the younger ones. The older ones had more sense than the young fellows who hung around a little longer. I think probably one of the old fellows had had an affair with a woman over in Corinth. He thought nobody knew about it, but of course the Lord knew all about it. Perhaps Jesus just wrote down the name of that girl, and when the old Pharisee looked down and saw that name written on the ground, he said, “I just remembered I have another engagement,” and he tore out of there in a hurry. Before long they were all gone except one—only Jesus Christ was left. The only One who could have thrown a stone at her did not throw a stone. He asked, “Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more” (John 8:10–11). “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them.” Jesus was not shutting His eyes to her sin, but for all that sin He was going to the Cross. The condemnation was to fall on Him, and because she trusted Him, He could send her away uncondemned." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (2 Corinthians) (electronic ed., Vol. 45, pp. 70–72). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

...[T]he debt was paid in full Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV whether or not someone believes it.
Men must believe (Ac 5:14; 1 Ti 4:12). "Believe in the original language means "to be convinced"..." Full text: Armor of the Lord

See:

What is easy believism?

Is universalism / universal salvation biblical?

What is the emerging / emergent church movement?

john w

Hall of Fame

"Ac 2::38 Repent. This refers to a change of mind and purpose that turns an individual from sin to God (1 Thess. 1:9). Such change involves more than fearing the consequences of God’s judgment. Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken and the person and work of Christ totally and singularly embraced.

Translated: clueless as to the meaning of repentance.

The LORD God repented, as did Judas.

"Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken"=another perverter of the good news is exposed.

Genuine, you muse? How genuine? Thanks for your subjective "good news."

Observe, the deception, as he devilishly asserts....

the evil of sin must be forsaken

Translated: The Lord Jesus Christ did not die for our sins, and forgive us all trespasses.

Get this, audience: The reason the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, is that we do not "make Him Lord of our lives," and that we do not "forsake our sins."

heir

TOL Subscriber
Translated: clueless as to the meaning of repentance.
ssssssssssserpent is a walking billboard for MUD. Just look at most of his/her posts. They are never all his/hers, but of the spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken] ...[A]nother perverter of the good news is exposed....Thanks for your subjective "good news."
If you've not been seeking God, he's going to cut you off (Zeph 1:6). Still playing church? :smokie:

heir

TOL Subscriber
A change is required.
Ephesians 2:5 KJV

No matter who you are, where you’ve been or what you were doing while you were there: God will save you when you trust that when Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day, He was doing that for your salvation! Paul declares the gospel of Christ as the gospel by which we are saved:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

No one here is preaching universal salvation. You nitwit.

john w

Hall of Fame
If you've not been seeking God, he's going to cut you off (Zeph 1:6). Still playing church? :smokie:

Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken

Tell all of TOL, just how "genuine" you are, with specifics, and tell us the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die, the ones for which you must "forsake."

Forsake sin? You have forsaken all of your sin/sins? I haven't. Go ahead, perverter, and, on record, for all of TOL to views, and assert that you have.

And tell us, if you must "forsake your sins," the reason the Lord Jesus Christ died? Unpack it for us. Tell us this "good news."

Lay out the reason for "forsaking sin/sins," as pertaining to justification.

Let me guess: The Lord Jesus Christ died for only the sins others commit, not yours, as you are a dirty rat, but think, "At least I'm cleaner than my fellow rats."

What sin/sins? The Lord Jesus Christ died for every last one of them, from cutting someone off in traffic, to murdering someone. Every last one of them-all tresspasses forgiven. All of them. They are in hell, never to be brought up again.

Good news.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnake

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

Who are you trying to convince? You or me? Lk 12:35

4105bJL0AcL._SX425_.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame

Ephesians 5:30 KJV for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

1 Cor. 12 KJV

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 and those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 that there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Cut off members, of His own body, you muse?

Serpentdove digs castration.....

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
["...Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken and the person and work of Christ totally and singularly embraced. Peter exhorted his hearers to repent, otherwise they would not experience true conversion (see note on Matt. 3:2; cf. 3:19; 5:31; 8:22; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20; Matt. 4:17)." ~ John MacArthur] Tell all of TOL, just how "genuine" you are, with specifics, and tell us the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die, the ones for which you must "forsake."

Forsake sin? You have forsaken all of your sin/sins? I haven't...
Holding on to them like grim death? :Shimei: Jn 3:19, 8:34

Judy Garland Johnny One Note

john w

Hall of Fame
Holding on to them like grim death? ]:Shimei: Jn 3:19, 8:34

That's it? Your best shot, volley?

I know this is quite deep, so, follow the bouncing ball, Mitch:

The LORD God repented, as did Judas. Take a deep breath...Relax....It's not that complicated...

And did our hero address my question, defend his own "argument?:"

"Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken"-you

"Tell all of TOL, just how "genuine" you are, with specifics, and tell us the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die, the ones for which you must "forsake."

Forsake sin? You have forsaken all of your sin/sins? I haven't. Go ahead, perverter, and, on record, for all of TOL to views, and assert that you have.

And tell us, if you must "forsake your sins," the reason the Lord Jesus Christ died? Unpack it for us. Tell us this "good news."

Let me guess: The Lord Jesus Christ died for only the sins others commit, not yours, as you are a dirty rat, but think, "At least I'm cleaner than my fellow rats."

What sin/sins? The Lord Jesus Christ died for every last one of them, from cutting someone off in traffic, to murdering someone. Every last one of them-all tresspasses forgiven. All of them. They are in hell, never to be brought up again.

Good news."-the great saint John W

You, the castrator:

Footballpunter.gif

musterion

Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken

Tell all of TOL, just how "genuine" you are, with specifics, and tell us the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die, the ones for which you must "forsake."

Good news.

"Good news"?!?
John, John, John. View attachment 23539

Now if people went around preaching and believing that "good news," what need would they have to keep paid ministerial staff on hand 24 hours a day, just a phone call away? Who'd pay into the building fund? Who'll sign up for the sanctuary vacuuming and lawn mowing rotation? Who'd handle the bus ministry? Who buys the new drumkit for the P&W band? Who'll order the VBS curriculum? Who'll get the coffee and donuts for Sunday school? Who'll scrub the baptismal tank with Comet? Who'll keep the baptism numbers up? WHO WOULD TITHE, JOHNW? YOU?!?!?

IF WE PREACH YOUR 'GOOD NEWS,' THE KINGDOM OF GOD FALLS TO SATAN AND THE PARKING LOT WON'T GET RE-GRAVELED!

DO YOU WANT THE KINGDOM OF GOD TO FALL TO SATAN, JOHNW??!? DO YOU WANT TO DRIVE ON BUMPY GRAVEL?!?

I thought not.

/saying what lots of professional ministers will never say aloud, but think every day