lighthouse's SPOTD 4-9-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovejoy

lighthouse said:
Lovejoy-
You're pretty funny when you can't sleep.
It is even worse than that! I was at a party hosted by a Russian tonight. I don't drink usually, but Russians are not known for taking no for an answer. After a few glasses of home brew, I am lucky to be sitting up straight in my chair.

Ninjashadow

Lovejoy said:
It is even worse than that! I was at a party hosted by a Russian tonight. I don't drink usually, but Russians are not known for taking no for an answer. After a few glasses of home brew, I am lucky to be sitting up straight in my chair.

Drunkard. :eek:

Lovejoy

Most American beers are only around 3.5 to 4%. European beers might get to 5 or 6%, but not much higher. Remember, beer is gotten from the secondary metabolites of anaerobic fermentation by yeast. It is not like distillation.

Ninjashadow

Lovejoy said:
Most American beers are only around 3.5 to 4%. European beers might get to 5 or 6%, but not much higher. Remember, beer is gotten from the secondary metabolites of anaerobic fermentation by yeast. It is not like distillation.

That Biccardi Silver stuff is 9 or 10%, but I don't think it's made the same way as beer.

Lovejoy

That (I believe) is a malt liquor. Which is different because, um, i have no idea. But it is different.

Lovejoy

Honestly, malt liquor uses a bottom fermenting yeast and a wort that has more fermentation properties (sugars), which raises the alcohol content. Otherwise it is the same as most beers. And I really don't drink, I just had to take a lot of microbiology courses.

Lovejoy

ninjashadow said:
:chuckle: That's your story and you're sticking to it, right? I'm not supposed to drink right now, so I don't.
It's really mostly the truth, parts of it. What is stopping you from drinking (as if anyone needed a reason)?

Status
Not open for further replies.