Lesbian Lawmaker Threatens to Out GOP Adulterers who oppose 'marriage equality'

TracerBullet

It's not that she wants to out adulterers: It's that she is doing it without proof, based on gossip - and as retaliation for those who will not support gay marriage ("marriage equality").

Seems she has upset people:

Lesbian lawmaker in Alabama who threatened to expose affairs of anti-gay colleagues is getting death threats

State Rep. Patricia Todd: 'My friends are worried about my safety'

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...eagues-getting-death-thr#sthash.dx6hjzIY.dpuf

Yet you don't start a thread about how horrified and saddened you are that Christians are making death threats.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who did she call out, should she call people out based on admittedly hearing gossip and admitting she had no evidence of such? Sounds to me like she should keep her mouth shut till she had something to back her thoughts up with.

:think:

This seems to be a situation of "Watch it, because you know who you are."

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think: TomO's prediction:

This is a political stunt with absolutely no substance ....She's got nothing except what she has heard in rumors and there isn't a single solitary thing that she can "out" without opening herself up to a defamation suit of some sort.

There have been no "credible" death threats. (Please note that there is a difference between some whack-job spouting off on social media and an actual committed stalker...Both are death threats but only one is credible.)

Let's see. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
:think: TomO's prediction:

This is a political stunt with absolutely no substance ....She's got nothing except what she has heard in rumors and there isn't a single solitary thing that she can "out" without opening herself up to a defamation suit of some sort.

There have been no "credible" death threats. (Please note that there is a difference between some whack-job spouting off on social media and an actual committed stalker...Both are death threats but only one is credible.)

Let's see. :)

Would you ever consider a death threat against you or yours "less than credible" just because of where or how the threat was delivered?

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If I remember correctly, the guys who pulled off those terrorist attacks in France had made threats on social media.

Odds are, such threats are just so much talk. But sometimes they aren't.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Would you ever consider a death threat against you or yours "less than credible" just because of where or how the threat was delivered?

Been there done that (Referring to "against me" specifically...I can't make the claim about nuts threatening "mine" as I was unmarried at the time/s and the rest of "mine" can take care of themselves) .....And I'm not even in public life.

....and Yes, some threats are more credible that others (as much as that flies in the face of the conventional wisdom of "Drama 101").

I suspect that you have too Granite. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Been there done that (Referring to "against me" specifically...I can't make the claim about nuts threatening "mine" as I was unmarried at the time/s and the rest of "mine" can take care of themselves) .....And I'm not even in public life.

....and Yes, some threats are more credible that others (as much as that flies in the face of the conventional wisdom of "Drama 101").

I suspect that you have too Granite. :plain:

Believe it or not I've dodged that bullet. So to speak.:noid:

Look, all she's doing is turning the tables. Gay men and women lived in fear, and suffered at the hands of blackmailers, for decades (centuries, even). All she's done now is throw down the gauntlet: Talk tough about family values and the "sanctity of marriage," and maybe your dirty laundry comes out. Seems fair to me.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If I remember correctly, the guys who pulled off those terrorist attacks in France had made threats on social media.

Odds are, such threats are just so much talk. But sometimes they aren't.

:idunno: True....But, it appears that whichever threats there were had been taken seriously (As the presence of the armed bodyguards testifies....Inneffective as they were.) and probably for good reason.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It's not that she wants to out adulterers: It's that she is doing it without proof, based on gossip - and as retaliation for those who will not support gay marriage ("marriage equality").

Seems she has upset people:

Lesbian lawmaker in Alabama who threatened to expose affairs of anti-gay colleagues is getting death threats

State Rep. Patricia Todd: 'My friends are worried about my safety'

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...eagues-getting-death-thr#sthash.dx6hjzIY.dpuf
If you are willing to fornicate, you are willing
smiley-pinocchio-liar.gif
to lie. :plain: Maybe she's receiving death threats. Maybe she isn't. She should already have been sentenced to death (Ex 20:14, Lev. 20:10-13). :dizzy: How'd you like to be the officer guarding her? Lev 18:22, 20:13, 1 Ki 14:24, Ro 1:24, 26, 27 :vomit:

"Today we do not have a justice system. Now we have just a system." ~ Bob Enyart

See:

What is the difference between fornication and adultery?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Believe it or not I've dodged that bullet. So to speak.:noid:

Look, all she's doing is turning the tables. Gay men and women lived in fear, and suffered at the hands of blackmailers, for decades (centuries, even). All she's done now is throw down the gauntlet: Talk tough about family values and the "sanctity of marriage," and maybe your dirty laundry comes out. Seems fair to me.

:nono: Don't misunderstand...I have absolutely no problem with what she is doing. I personally hate such hypocrites myself.

That having been said...

I think she's full of it. :idunno:

My biggest reason is her choice of tactics alone. The fact that she went public with this seals it's ineffectiveness. Any Legislator who has been standing against "Gay Marriage" cannot change his vote now even if he/she wanted to because it would be a huge red flag.
Those that are actually "concerned" about the threats she is making are going to be better off to stand their ground and deny no matter what....Politically it's the only smart move.

This is about Sen. Todd building up a reputation and a following in the GLBT community....Not getting anything passed or anyone's perception of justice served. :nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
:nono: Don't misunderstand...I have absolutely no problem with what she is doing. I personally hate such hypocrites myself.

That having been said...

I think she's full of it. :idunno:

My biggest reason is her choice of tactics alone. The fact that she went public with this seals it's ineffectiveness. Any Legislator who has been standing against "Gay Marriage" cannot change his vote now even if he/she wanted to because it would be a huge red flag.
Those that are actually "concerned" about the threats she is making are going to be better off to stand their ground and deny no matter what....Politically it's the only smart move.

This is about Sen. Todd building up a reputation and a following in the GLBT community....Not getting anything passed or anyone's perception of justice served. :nono:

What kind of a red flag in a state like Alabama do you seriously think this is gonna throw up into the air?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
What kind of a red flag in a state like Alabama do you seriously think this is gonna throw up into the air?

:idea: Oh!....That's right....I keep forgetting. Everyone in Alabama is cheating on their wives....with their cousins....and siblings...

...'cuz; stereotypes. :comeout:

Granite

Hall of Fame
:idea: Oh!....That's right....I keep forgetting. Everyone in Alabama is cheating on their wives....with their cousins....and siblings...

...'cuz; stereotypes. :comeout:

Alabama's a living, breathing stereotype, come on.:chuckle:

The only legislators who have anything to worry about are the ones with skeletons in the closet. So, time will tell.

Christian Liberty

I'm not sure I see the problem. Should people who commit adultery be able to stay annonymous? Do adulterers really have any business talking about "family values"? Should they even be in office?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Alabama's a living, breathing stereotype, come on.:chuckle:

That's beside the point. :chuckle:

The only legislators who have anything to worry about are the ones with skeletons in the closet. So, time will tell.

But that's what I mean.....Anyone who changes anything immediately identifies themselves as one of those with skeletons in their closet. Legislators are quite often immoral....but they are seldom stupid.....Well....Most aren't. :plain:

Time always does.

GFR7

I'm not sure I see the problem. Should people who commit adultery be able to stay annonymous? Do adulterers really have any business talking about "family values"? Should they even be in office?
Understood, and she is pointing out the hypocrisy. But is drawing from gossip the proper way to go about outing these people? And this seems counter to right to privacy......I don't know. She seems vengeful over the same sex marriage issue.

Christian Liberty

Understood, and she is pointing out the hypocrisy. But is drawing from gossip the proper way to go about outing these people? And this seems counter to right to privacy......I don't know. She seems vengeful over the same sex marriage issue.

You are probably right, but the hypocrisy here (assuming the lesbian woman isn't making stuff up) is insane.