Lesbian Lawmaker Threatens to Out GOP Adulterers who oppose 'marriage equality'

GFR7

I don't think this is noble. :think:

Unless she has a keyhole she is peeping through, it's all based on gossip.

As an out lesbian, Alabama State Rep. Paticia Todd was probably not the most popular in the state legislature. She’s even less so now. In the wake of a federal court ruling last week striking down the state’s ban on same-sex marriage, Todd has decided to pull out all the stops to defend the ruling. In a posting on her Facebook page, Todd is threatening to tell the names of colleagues who oppose marriage equality while engaging in adultery.

“I will not stand by and allow legislators to talk about ‘family values’ when they have affairs, and I know of many who are and have,” Todd wrote. “I will call our elected officials who want to hide in the closet out.”

Just in case she wasn’t clear, Todd told the TimesDaily that “it is pretty well known that we have people in Montgomery who are or have had affairs.”

YH-Patricia-Todd.png

At a public event on Monday, Todd told followers that she was aware of the consequences. “Many of you know that I have thrown the gauntlet down to my elected peers that should they decide to go and spout family value that I’m going to call them out,” Todd said. “I’m willing to jeopardize my political campaign to do it. This is the fight of our life. This is why I ran for office.”

http://www.queerty.com/lesbian-lawm...ficials-opposed-to-marriage-equality-20150127

Granite

Hall of Fame
Right, and gossip's never stopped homophobes before.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. These people aren't used to having their own tactics used against them so maybe it's high time for that to change. Bust out the family values adulterers and closet cases. Oughta be a hoot.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh that's too bad. They wish to pretend they are all about family values ... 'cept when it comes to adultery.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's gossip. If she has acutal proof, maybe.....
I saw a short interview with her and she admitted that some of the stories are gossip. She said she would characterize those stories as gossip but would still pass them along.

GFR7

I saw a short interview with her and she admitted that some of the stories are gossip. She said she would characterize those stories as gossip but would still pass them along.
Well, then she's passing along gossip. Fine, I guess....

HisServant

I hope she has deep pockets to defend herself for libel... if she accuses the wrong person (like me).. I would go after her with both barrels.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
“I will not stand by and allow legislators to talk about ‘family values’ when they have affairs....

:thumb:

It's gossip. If she has acutal proof, maybe.....

proof would be essential, acutal or otherwise :)

note that none of this would be necessary if our society condemned all perversions and followed God's Word

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
She would not want it done to her. :AMR1:

Its ok by me, it will mean shes fair game. Its very well known that homosexuals are very promiscuous.

I cant wait also to see her sued for libel - which will happen as soon as she thinks shes outing someone based on someone elses gossip, so i hope shes real sure (evidence) against those she accuses.

At any rate that article just shows her to be a nasty nasty person who cares little for discretion. Hopefully people will take note, since discretion issues show she cant much be trusted with anything. She/it just outed itself.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...n a just world, she would be executed

as would adulterers

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times, and his days are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him (Ec 8:11–12).