Laura Ingraham apologizes too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[FONT=&quot]"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts,” said Jack Abernethy[/FONT][FONT=&quot], co-president of the 21st Century Fox-owned cable outlet, in a statement. “We look forward to having Laura Ingram [/FONT][FONT=&quot]back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."[/FONT]

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
[FONT="]"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts,” said Jack Abernethy[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="], co-president of the 21st Century Fox-owned cable outlet, in a statement. “We look forward to having Laura Ingram [/FONT][FONT="]back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."[/FONT]

Good news.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Society as a whole mustn't get into the habit of catering to the whims of children. If we do, we're doomed. Doomed, not only by that, but all of the other LEFTIST agenda/goals, as well.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our GREAT President is sending the Cavalry to the border! I'll bet CNN and their ilk are having a conniption. I'm willing to bet that Barb and his ilk on TOL are having one, as well. :rotfl:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Far-left zealots like Barb and his ilk are either naive or complicit in concealing the fact that the 'minor restrictions' the LEFT is asking for now, is just the beginning.

Fifty years ago, those were the restrictions being advocated by the National Rifle Association. At one time, the NRA was run by sportsmen, who felt that ownership of a weapon was a responsibility as well as a right, and that irresponsible people could lose that right.

The NRA once believed in gun control and had a leader who pushed for it
In the early 1930s, with gangsters like John Dillinger mowing down his enemies with machine guns on the streets, Congress held hearings on a sweeping proposal to severely restrict firearm sales.

The testimony of one man — now all but forgotten — stood out.

“I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons,” said Karl T. Frederick, according to a transcript of the hearings. “I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

Frederick’s words were notable then, and especially now, because of who he was: the president of the National Rifle Association.

Today, in the wake of yet another horrific mass shooting, this time Parkland, Fla., it’s difficult to find any reference to Frederick on the NRA’s website, and it would be impossible to locate anyone connected with the organization who would say anything close to what Frederick did in confronting a crisis.

“The NRA throughout its history had been moderate on the issue of guns,” said Adam Winkler, a University of California at Los Angeles law school professor and author of “Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America.” “The NRA doesn’t play that role anymore. But Karl Frederick represents that older vision of its view on guns.”

In the late 1970s, upset that the NRA leadership was giving any quarter on gun laws, a more conservative faction of the group took over, including LaPierre. Today’s NRA leaders — and fierce gun rights advocates — are not fond of looking back on previous generations of the NRA.

In 2011, someone posted excerpts from Winkler’s writings about Frederick on Guns & Ammo magazine’s online discussion forum. The subject line: “You aren’t supposed to know this … ”

The first reply came 14 minutes later: “So?”

The next reply was more philosophical.

“Then was then,” it said. “Now is now.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...scuous-toting-of-guns/?utm_term=.1420f5c7b7e5

Lon

Ingraham was pretty dumb not to realize that the kid had a way to fight back. She seems to have regarded herself as bulletproof. Hogg, on the other hand, realized he didn't just have to take the abuse, and taught her some manners thereby.
:nono: I'm convinced your comments are politically driven. Even you don't think this boy is the poster boy for 'manners' nor really anything but poor emoting without thought. PERHAPS the poster boy for mindless emoting marches that we see from some of his generation. I just can't believe you see 'good' or 'noble' in this boy. He is neither. As far as the right, go ahead and call Laura Ingraham. She's not my representative either, but that isn't even your thread focus. It is on this boy as if you extol his virtues.

As Dr. Laura...
Wait, you were seriously trying to compare the intelligence level of a 17 year old with a doctorate level???

This can't be right....

I would think that some things transcend politics. And as I've pointed out before, there have been presidents with deplorable morals who have nevertheless done reasonably good jobs as president. A while back, I suggested that Trump might turn out to be such a case.
Obama had the where-with-all to unite parties and people, and didn't. He said "if you don't like it, beat us!" He remained silent in needed outspoken defense of police officers and conversely added his approval to violent and destructive protests as if that were of some virtue. You'd have thought he took lessons from Malcom X instead of Dr. Martin Luther King.

Part of this IS a difference between Democrat and Republican values else I'd not have a lot to harp on about Obama and you'd not have much to Trumpet about Trump. Back to this topic, it too looks like your politics is clouding your better judgment that I've seen in you over other issues. This kid really isn't worth this thread imho.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barb is told to say that clear backpacks, inside which weapons would be more visible than in opaque ones, is overreaction.

Yep. Won't do what you want it to do. It does have the virtue of screening other sorts of contraband, which is the real reason it's being done.

But taking guns from law-abiding citizens and violating the 2A is reasonable.

Donald Trump said so:
President Trump said Wednesday he favors taking guns away from people who might commit violence before going through legal due process in the courts, one of many startling comments he made in a rambling White House meeting designed to hash out school safety legislation with a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ess-second-white-house-gun-meeting/381145002/

But I think you guys have it wrong. Sure, we need to have laws making it harder for criminals and the mentally-ill to have firearms. But you guys are completely off base with "Take the guns first, go through due process second." That's not how it works.

If you can't see that, I'm not sure how anyone could explain it to you.

glorydaz

Yep. Won't do what you want it to do. It does have the virtue of screening other sorts of contraband, which is the real reason it's being done.

Donald Trump said so:
President Trump said Wednesday he favors taking guns away from people who might commit violence before going through legal due process in the courts, one of many startling comments he made in a rambling White House meeting designed to hash out school safety legislation with a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ess-second-white-house-gun-meeting/381145002/

But I think you guys have it wrong. Sure, we need to have laws making it harder for criminals and the mentally-ill to have firearms. But you guys are completely off base with "Take the guns first, go through due process second." That's not how it works.

If you can't see that, I'm not sure how anyone could explain it to you.

I'm for lots of things that I know can't happen. I'd like to see all the nuts locked up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I saw the 'Old Meathead' himself, Rob Whiner going bonkers about the new Roseanne Barr show. If ya listen to that far-left loon, he seems to think if that show isn't immediately taken off the air, it'll be the end of civilization as we know it. He was actually, hysterical.

rexlunae

Barb is told to say that clear backpacks, inside which weapons would be more visible than in opaque ones, is overreaction.

It kinda demonstrates how the Second Amendment has come to rule all the others. Like free expression? Well, too bad, you're gonna carry the same clear backpack as everyone else, so that some people can carry guns. You want privacy? Too bad, same answer.

But taking guns from law-abiding citizens and violating the 2A is reasonable.

Problem is, a lot of people are law abiding, up until that one thing that changes everything. Kinda hard to tell the difference sometimes.

He's fake. An agendatroll.

"Agendatroll"? What's that? A guy with an agenda? Ooh, how scandalous.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Ingraham was pretty dumb not to realize that the kid had a way to fight back. She seems to have regarded herself as bulletproof. Hogg, on the other hand, realized he didn't just have to take the abuse, and taught her some manners thereby.

:nono: I'm convinced your comments are politically driven.

I'm just pointing out the facts. Dr. Laura admitted as much in her apology.

Even you don't think this boy is the poster boy for 'manners' nor really anything but poor emoting without thought. PERHAPS the poster boy for mindless emoting marches that we see from some of his generation.

Characterizing what these kids are doing as "mindless" is unquestionably politically driven.

I just can't believe you see 'good' or 'noble' in this boy.

I didn't say either. I pointed out that he outsmarted her when she tried to use her position to belittle him. She likes to bully people, but she picked on the wrong kid, this time.

He is neither. As far as the right, go ahead and call Laura Ingraham. She's not my representative either, but that isn't even your thread focus. It is on this boy as if you extol his virtues.

He stepped up and expressed his anger and grief about the consequences of letting mentally-ill people have guns. It would have been an admirable thing to do, even if he wasn't right. And Ingraham thought "I'm an adult, I have this media position from which I can attack his character and ridicule him." Big mistake.

Wait, you were seriously trying to compare the intelligence level of a 17 year old with a doctorate level???

This can't be right....

I suppose Dr. Laura was thinking that as reality started to set in. :shocked:

Obama had the where-with-all to unite parties and people, and didn't.

Hmm... let's take a look...
Obama approval rate... 57.2
Trump approval rate....41.8

Obama didn't bring everyone together. Just most of us. Trump didn't alienate and divide everyone. Just most of us. But this isn't a thread about how much better a person Obama is than Trump. It's about Dr. Laura trying to bully a 17-year-old kid and having that kid put her in her place.

Part of this IS a difference between Democrat and Republican values

If most republicans approved of Dr. Laura's behavior, she wouldn't have lost all those sponsors. It's a business decision, and the sponsors made it clear that there was no public support for her behavior.

else I'd not have a lot to harp on about Obama

See above. Doesn't seem like a very good tactic now, does it?

Back to this topic, it too looks like your politics is clouding your better judgment that I've seen in you over other issues.

This kid really isn't worth this thread imho.

That was pretty much the NRA's position. What's a few deaths, when there's money to be made? But it doesn't look like it was a workable one, this time.

Tinark

Not surprising a foul-mouthed little obnoxious brat is your pin-up boy for maturity.
Says a lot about how the left thinks.

In the era of Trump, your hollow criticism of his language exposes your hypocrisy. It's why the younger generation is leaving the evangelical movement and religion in general in droves. The fake morals and hypocrisy is clear as day.

Tinark

Pointing out facts about the kid is not abuse.
A lot of his info is not factual, and no one should have to be required to not oppose his faulty premise just because he's been through a tragedy.
A tragedy does not automatically make fiction a fact.

What wrong facts have you pointed out from his argument? All I see coming from you is immature insults and abuse directed toward him, and then in the same breath criticizing his language.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the era of Trump, your hollow criticism of his language exposes your hypocrisy. It's why the younger generation is leaving the evangelical movement and religion in general in droves. The fake morals and hypocrisy is clear as day.

You appear to have some deep seated anger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.