Knight's Posts of the Year 2007

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight, as an Open Theist, can revisit this and change it. The present and future are not fatalistically fixed like the past is now.

I have heard Franklin Graham stand for the gospel when he is asked about Muslim, social, violence, etc. issues.

Joel Olsteen blew an opportunity to clarify his understanding of the gospel by displaying ignorance of Mormonism and thinking they may believe in Christ and could be saved like evangelicals are.

If a mechanics instructor is being interviewed about car repairs, should he use his minute opportunity to preach the gospel if he is a Christian or fulfill his commitment for the interview?

Mystery

I make this request: Being that this "award" was not done fairly and my position was incorrectly stated, I ask that it be removed as being #1. I believe it was simply picked by Knight because the debate got heated and offense was taken. In other words, it was "personal".

Knight, as an Open Theist, can revisit this and change it. The present and future are not fatalistically fixed like the past is now.

Both godrulz and I agree that nearly any post made by godrulz could easily replace yours at the #1 position.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well done ApologeticJedi!!!

Thanks Knight!

Happy New Year one and all!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Following-up on the last post. I believe my position was incorrectly stated. Therefore, the "award" was based on a flawed understanding. There were MANY other posts made by others that were truly deserving of this "award".

So, I have come to this decision. Many here do not like me, that I know. I disagree with some of the primary views of the founders & operators of this site. So that puts my at odds with "city hall".

I make this request: Being that this "award" was not done fairly and my position was incorrectly stated, I ask that it be removed as being #1. I believe it was simply picked by Knight because the debate got heated and offense was taken. In other words, it was "personal".

If you want me to leave TOL, I will. Simply state it. I ask that you reconsider this "award". In the end, I may simply choose to go on my own and delete my profile and not come back. That is the other possibility.

Grace & Peace

Pettrix,
With all of the grace and love I can muster, the truth is that you are one of the most unresponsive, prideful, half truth, under-handed, backbiting people I have ever encountered at TOL or elsewhere.

Trust me, many of your posts were probably in contention for the worst of the year and it would not be because you disagree -LOTS AND LOTS of people disagree with the management here and some of them even got into the top 50 best posts of the year!!! So you can stop trying to comfort yourself with that excuse.

Despite your trying to explain away what your said for the millionth time, we can all go and read what you actually wrote.:doh:

This should be a wake up call for you.
Brother, you need to take a step back and examine your behavior and your life.

Grace and Peace.:wave2:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Coming in at #2 is.....

:second:

#2. Poly mimics e4e

This is the kind of classic hilarious smack that has made Poly a TOL legend. It's short, it's sweet and in perfect TruthSmack style! Poly has e4e's spelling down to an art form. :)

:BRAVO:

:noway: Really???!! :eek:

::::poly steps up to the podium::::

:ahem:

You shouldn't have. You really shouldn't have! ::sniff:: (Somebody get me a hanky)

....but since you did I have a list of people I'd like to thank. :readthis:

First of all I'd like to thank Knight for making this site possible. He already knows what it means to me so I'll not go on. < insert mushy gushy details here >

I also want to thank my husband for supporting me in my tireless effort of smacking people upside the head. :kiss:

Others I would like to thank....

Turbo for helping Knight the way he does and for submitting all those cutie pie pictures of his kiddos.

The Sibbie and Mrs. Knight for having to put up with these guys.

All the awesome truthsmackers on this site who have given me the inspiration to sharpen my skills and always strive to be the best smacker I can be and all the little people who helped make this happen. :emarie:

And last but not least I'd like to thank e4e. Without him this would not be possible. :D

Real Sorceror

2nd WORST POST of 2007 WAS: :second:
Real Sorcerer validates rape and murder

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THIS YEARS WINNERS!!! :up:
Second Worst? Man, I can't even be the top of the bottom. :chuckle:

I know that was a horrible thing to say, but the moral relativist view is not a happy world view. Without universal absolutes put into place by an infallible being, there are certain cold truths that you have to face up to, and one of those is that no point of view is more inherently right than the next. The only thing stopping the mass murderers from ruling the world is the people who disagree with them, and as we've seen in the past (and even today) this has not always been the case.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I know that was a horrible thing to say, but the moral relativist view is not a happy world view. Without universal absolutes put into place by an infallible being, there are certain cold truths that you have to face up to, and one of those is that no point of view is more inherently right than the next. The only thing stopping the mass murderers from ruling the world is the people who disagree with them, and as we've seen in the past (and even today) this has not always been the case.
So sad that others cannot see this truth.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't get me wrong I strongly appreciate your consistency. It's just that any person who is in the position that their world-view makes them say something like that should seriously re-consider their world-view.

I do not believe that you actually think rape and murder can be valid.

Last edited:

Real Sorceror

Don't get me wrong I strongly appreciate your consistency. It's just that any person who is in the position that their world-view makes them say something like that should seriously re-consider their world-view.
I would, but I lack a convincing alternative. Having at least some moral absolutes would make everything easier, and take much of the burden of judgment off my shoulders. As for right now, I will have to continue learning and deciding what is right. TOL has helped me a lot with that. I'd especially like to thank Minerva for switching my stance and Abortion. Pro-choice? What was I thinking?
I do no believe that you actually think rape and murder can be valid.
And neither do I. Since I am not myself a rapist, I simply don't see how they can possibly justify their actions. However, since I believe that there is no inherent, infallible, absolute property that makes my thinking "true" regardless of circumstances, I must accept what is more or less a logical absurdity.

Jackson

Following-up on the last post. I believe my position was incorrectly stated. Therefore, the "award" was based on a flawed understanding. There were MANY other posts made by others that were truly deserving of this "award".

So, I have come to this decision. Many here do not like me, that I know. I disagree with some of the primary views of the founders & operators of this site. So that puts my at odds with "city hall".

If you want me to leave TOL, I will. Simply state it. I ask that you reconsider this "award". In the end, I may simply choose to go on my own and delete my profile and not come back. That is the other possibility.

Grace & Peace
I don't know. I disagree with alot of people here and I don't feel like I was ever, or ever will be at odds with city hall.

:guitar:

zoo22

What the Hell?

I didn't win Worst Post of the Year?

This is all politics, man...

I don't know about that... I think it came down to payment.

I'm pretty sure Pettrix and Real Sorcerer both paid dearly for their 1st & 2nd Worst Post of the Year titles.

Maybe not in cash, but surely in thrashings.

And I think it's a pretty distinctive title... To be responsible for a post that Knight considers so bad that it's the worst... But not quite bad enough that they'd be thrown out of TOL. Seems like a fine line to walk on. :chuckle: