Knight's Pick 09-29-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very well said! :up:
I believe you. Here's a thought though, since you, being a reasonable and reasoning fellow, understand that you cannot assert an objectively true claim regarding the subject of God's existence and can only, at best (and I'd argue this isn't actually so) posit an idea of the likelihood of the proposition, ANY position you take on the matter will be one of faith/belief.

Even a statement of Agnosticism is one of faith as it assumes a standard of conduct in relation to the question that isn't mandated by anything other than the individuals valuation of approach and desire. In the absence of an absolute clarity or compulsion it is as defensible to simply choose or reject as it is to stand in deliberation withholding judgement.

In short, biological and mathematical facts aside, life is faith/belief and you have as much as any man. The rest is how and where you choose to exercise it. I for one don't believe the matter can be objectively settled or even that it's possible to establish objective criteria for determining a proof. If I'm right then the only experiment is the exercise of will toward that relation Knight speaks of and the results, subjective as they may be, are as close to proof as you or anyone will ever come.

Best of luck in whatever course you follow. :e4e:

:first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many thanks...:e4e: I didn't realize who it was for when I stopped in to see. :chuckle:

And wouldn't it be grand to see smiley on our side of the ledger? :poly: It's encouraging that he has put this much of himself into the effort and is giving the matter real consideration.

BabyChristian

Many thanks...:e4e: I didn't realize who it was for when I stopped in to see. :chuckle:

And wouldn't it be grand to see smiley on our side of the ledger? :poly: It's encouraging that he has put this much of himself into the effort and is giving the matter real consideration.

Congrats! You are quite the wordsmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.