Knight, you look like a cigar smoking Las Vegas night club owner, change your image

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to make perfectly clear though for all you trigger happy yes men, I WAS ONLY JUDGING THE AVATAR! NOT THE MAN.

But the man put the avatar there. That is like saying you oppose the war against jihadists, but support soldiers. Or you support firefighters but oppose fighting fires.

Knight composited his avatar, you said it was evil. Inanimate objects are amoral. Only the intention behind it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I can't tell if this thread has trolling written all over it or if this newbie is really this breathless and sincere...

P.S. Since when did all of Vegas become the Strip?

bybee

:chuckle:chuckle:=vegascowboy;2641167]Well, hello there. :e4e: I almost missed this part of your post; my apologies. While you're here, sit a spell and have a biscuit or two by the fire.

I do now. :plain: I have never been all that good at reading tea leaves and crystal balls.

I am rather careful in that regard, thank you. With how many nightclub owners in Las Vegas are you acquainted? :idunno:

...and settled by Mormons...

It's a strange city. The majority of our education funds (public) comes directly from taxes on gambling.

I rarely go to the Strip. When I do it is to take my wife to supper at a nice restaurant or see a show (and oh maybe you didn't notice that there are shows in Vegas that involve no nudity) when we can afford to. On the occasions I am there, I have noticed the vehicles. There is a city outside of the Strip.

Folks live their lives in peace and Godly grace without ever going near the filth of the city, just as folks do in other cities.

Interesting slang. I do not, however, have a fish on my bumper. I have several NRA stickers.[/QUOTE]

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
the poster has never been to Vegas...
Why did he say that his baby "...was conceived in the [G]olden [N]ugget". Never mind that this is :shocked: more information than anyone ever wanted to know--why do you get on someone's case about a Vegas background in his avatar when the location was good enough for you to start a family? :squint:

Last edited:

Gsusis

Vegascowboy: are you familiar with the town of BABYLON and the pt when John was amazed. He got his pride rapped, I would say for being impressed with such a display. The Lord went on to proclaim judgement for what the city, and all it represented, had been up to behind closed doors.
Also "if the works had been done in Las Vegas had been done in Tyre and Sidon they would have repented long ago" but as we can see Las Vegas hasn't.
You want to have some night club owners home for some good ole hometown community have at it but are you actually saying that a person can sell drugs to an individual and have absolutely no responsibility for their demise? I don't see any dissimilarity. And you are beginning to not make any sense, you know that I am talking about "the strip" but you continue to defend it as if I am talking about the good folk that live on the outskirts; and, as you have said yourself, barely go into. So you must have some inkling of the "evil" that I have inferred from merely looking at that avatar.
And, finally, I wasn't talking to you I was reflecting on the leadership of this forum's avatar, so stop overgeneralizing and twisting everything I say. You know you actually could be missconscrewed (yes I made it up) to appear to be overcompensating with all your NRA talking larger than life Bill Elliott strolling down main street like you have some deep seeded need to gun somebody down but mamma wont let you, so project. But I won't because I don't know you and you are not "representing" theology online for all the world to see.
And for everybody else, again I said the avatar gave the image of . . . (read thread from begin). It was only later that I brought up appearance of evil, and that only to defend my opinion that we have to be careful (as leaders) what we present to the world. That is the last of the avatar rhetoric for me, if you truly want the truth, and not just something to tickle your ears with, then study up because there really is rejoicing in the truth.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[Y]ou are beginning to not make any sense, you know that I am talking about "the strip" but you continue to defend it as if I am talking about the good folk that live on the outskirts...
Tourists who visit the Strip are evil? :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Vegascowboy: are you familiar with the town of BABYLON and the pt when John was amazed. He got his pride rapped, I would say for being impressed with such a display. The Lord went on to proclaim judgement for what the city, and all it represented, had been up to behind closed doors.
Also "if the works had been done in Las Vegas had been done in Tyre and Sidon they would have repented long ago" but as we can see Las Vegas hasn't.
You want to have some night club owners home for some good ole hometown community have at it but are you actually saying that a person can sell drugs to an individual and have absolutely no responsibility for their demise? I don't see any dissimilarity. And you are beginning to not make any sense, you know that I am talking about "the strip" but you continue to defend it as if I am talking about the good folk that live on the outskirts; and, as you have said yourself, barely go into. So you must have some inkling of the "evil" that I have inferred from merely looking at that avatar.
And, finally, I wasn't talking to you I was reflecting on the leadership of this forum's avatar, so stop overgeneralizing and twisting everything I say. You know you actually could be missconscrewed (yes I made it up) to appear to be overcompensating with all your NRA talking larger than life Bill Elliott strolling down main street like you have some deep seeded need to gun somebody down but mamma wont let you, so project. But I won't because I don't know you and you are not "representing" theology online for all the world to see.
And for everybody else, again I said the avatar gave the image of . . . (read thread from begin). It was only later that I brought up appearance of evil, and that only to defend my opinion that we have to be careful (as leaders) what we present to the world. That is the last of the avatar rhetoric for me, if you truly want the truth, and not just something to tickle your ears with, then study up because there really is rejoicing in the truth.

You really need a new/better hobby/shtick.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, sir, a slice of peach pie you are not. :nono: I suppose you could speak out of your need to get a rise (as you've previously mentioned has been your proclivity), but you shall not succeed with me, partner. I shall remain as patient as a desert sunset.

And you imply what with this comment? My household respects the Lord and we are secure in the fact that we have acknowledged and accepted Christ Jesus' work on the cross. Having a wife who has a terminal illness (and paying the great number of medical bills that go along with such an illness) and working everyday to provide for her and our children limits my ability to pick up and move to another location. The Spirit is alive and well in my home, even though it is in Las Vegas.

Ah...I see you are again vying for the tital of Captain McStereotype. You have here lumped all Las Vegans into a group of unrepentant sinners, and yet you speak later on...somewhere in this post...about avoiding overgeneralizations. :think: Fascinating.

You want to have some night club owners home for some good ole hometown community have at it but are you actually saying that a person can sell drugs to an individual and have absolutely no responsibility for their demise?

You really have no clue of anything about which you speak, do you? My asking you if you know any nightclub owners in Las Vegas got scrambled in your brain to my endorcement of drug sales and parties at my home? Again, fascinating. :jump:

I don't see any dissimilarity.

Obviously. Those glasses of yours must be of the thick and cloudy variety.

And you are beginning to not make any sense...

At least mine is a recent development. :plain:

...you know that I am talking about "the strip" but you continue to defend it as if I am talking about the good folk that live on the outskirts; and, as you have said yourself, barely go into.

Ah...the generalizations are back. I defended my going to a restaurant and suddenly I am engaged in and endorsing wicked behavior in your book.

So you must have some inkling of the "evil" that I have inferred from merely looking at that avatar.

Knight is a gentleman and a Christian. He is a great father and a defender of Christ's truth. You would do well to learn from him. I saw no evil in Knight's avatar.

Answer this for me: Does my not seeing evil by merely looking at his avatar endanger my salvation? Can you give to or take away a person's salvation?

And, finally, I wasn't talking to you I was reflecting on the leadership of this forum's avatar, so stop overgeneralizing and twisting everything I say.

There it is! I knew it was in here somewhere...

You know you actually could be missconscrewed (yes I made it up) to appear to be overcompensating with all your NRA talking larger than life Bill Elliott strolling down main street like you have some deep seeded need to gun somebody down but mamma wont let you, so project.

:loser: And you know what of my life, sir?

But I won't because I don't know you and you are not "representing" theology online for all the world to see.

And yet, you did. Fascination never runneth dry with you...

Carry on.

Last edited:

red cardinal

And you imply what with this comment? My household respects the Lord and we are secure in the fact that we have acknowledged and accepted Christ Jesus' work on the cross. Having a wife who has a terminal illness (and paying the great number of medical bills that go along with such an illness) and working everyday to provide for her and our children limits my ability to pick up and move to another location. The Spirit is alive and well in my home, even though it is in Las Vegas.

Ah...I see you are again vying for the tital of Captain McStereotype. You have here lumped all Las Vegans into a group of unrepentant sinners, and yet you speak later on...somewhere in this post...about avoiding overgeneralizations. :think: Fascinating.

I am in total agreement with you, and hope you don't mind if I interject a question to the "spiritually superior" --- but who is to say that Las Vegas is any more sinful than any other city in the entire world? I find all these allegations of "Babylon" for the city of one's choice as "evil" and under the "judgment of God" ..... is making my eyes glassy ......:dizzy:

zoo22

I am in total agreement with you, and hope you don't mind if I interject a question to the "spiritually superior" --- but who is to say that Las Vegas is any more sinful than any other city in the entire world? I find all these allegations of "Babylon" for the city of one's choice as "evil" and under the "judgment of God" ..... is making my eyes glassy ......:dizzy:

I find it odd when many Christians try to justify Vegas...There's a directed hatred of San Francisco. NYC and Los Angeles to a large extent. But Vegas seems to pose little problem.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it odd when many Christians try to justify Vegas...There's a directed hatred of San Francisco. NYC and Los Angeles to a large extent. But Vegas seems to pose little problem.

Mornin' zoo :wave:

Pray tell...who is trying to justify Vegas? My "justification" was in the fact that I live here and cannot (at this time, anyway) leave. The Spirit is alive and well in my home, and my salvation is secure no matter where I reside.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Guess no response then from Gsusis.......why is it I'm not surprised? Trollish people are thus...

Oh well, that leaves more biscuits for the rest of us.