Killing in the Name of...

marhig

So you advocate a drawn out death rather than just getting it over with? Why?
Jamie, I wonder what most people who are waiting on death row would prefer? They mostly fight to live!

I don't believe that it's right to take a life for any reason, God gave life and God takes life away. If we do it then it's murder.

I believe that the only time it's not murder is when it's accidental for example if I were say defending a child from a knife welding monster and I pushed him to try and protect the child and he hit his head and died then I would pray that God would forgive me.

But to purposely execute someone for whatever the reason, I believe is wrong before the living God.

marhig

1. Yes keep our faith, but we can keep our faith even when preventing a horrible act. Preventing certain acts do not reflect what some apoatles did who died because of their religion; not to allow a theif or rapist to kill them.

Allowing all actions by humans (who have free will) does not go against Jesus's teachings. If you truly think they do - then would that mean you disagree with having firefighters, police, and emergency responders?

2. I didnt say NEED. I said she can. Her intervention has helped many follow Jesus and respect life already. She may pray for us the same as a pastor may pray for their congregation. But there are various differences and thought of someone in heaven giving a hand in my prayers is rather comforting.
https://www.catholic.com/audio/cal/5707

3. Your images are weak exampled. Second image has a person kissing baby Jesus. First you see kneeling but is it just the statue or is this at Mass and the Sanctified Eucharist is out which all Catholics are to kneel or bow infront of? 4th pic I cant tell what that is, a hat? 3rd Are people kneeling near a statue. Where is it? what are they doing, praying perhaps? Are they on a pilgramage in which they navigate a path and pray near statues that are used to remind us of heroes and how we should act?
We should not assume a person's heart/soul ... or mind.

4. I agree, Jesus is the one true way as he is one true God. We can help each other and we may use various things to help us as well.

Hi randomvim,

You did ask me questions and I answered them to what I believe to be true.

1. I don't believe in killing anyone for any reason, I would defend others and I would try and protect myself from say an intruder in my home but not to the point of purposely killing them. If I was speaking about the things of God then I hope that I would take it, because that would be Satan in others trying to keep us quiet, and we are to overcome evil with good and suffer it. This is how Jesus overcame Satan, he took everything that Satan put him through and showed love in return, love is the key. I watched a film called hacksaw ridge, (it sounds awful but it's not what you think) it was a bit violent but I kept closing my eyes at those bits. Anyway, the story was amazing and is true, I was in tears, the man in it was so strong in God. I hope that God would strengthen me and I would be like him if I were in the same situation, he was a true man of God.

2 we will just have to agree to disagree regarding Mary, I don't think anything bad about her, she was a strong woman of God, you just have to hear her prayer to know that. I just believe that it's wrong to reverence Mary, and we are to pray to God alone.

3. Firstly let me say this, I don't believe that it's right to bow down to any images, that includes images of Mary, Christ Jesus or the cross. There is no need to do this and God says that it's wrong to do so, the way to worship God is to worship him in spirit and in truth and lay down our lives for others and do his will. Outward worship means nothing, we should worship God from our hearts through Jesus Christ.

But I wouldn't judge another because of their denomination, even though I don't agree with the teachings of many churches, I don't know the individual hearts of others. Jesus didn't say that we are to follow a denomination, he said "follow me" and I follow him. And he also said who is my, brother sister, or mother, but those who do the will of my father. And those are my brother's and sisters in God also, those who truly live by the will of God, regardless of denomination although reading some posts on here, it looks like some churches don't teach that their members are to obey God and live by his will, which I find unbelievable!

4 Jesus is the one true way yes, but there's only one true God and that's the father, and Jesus said this himself.

John 17

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know YOU the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom YOU have sent.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 17

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know YOU the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom YOU have sent.

another clear word of Jesus to discredit the trinity doctrine.

And Yes, RCC have too many pagan practice and faith.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
1. If a person is unable to changer their minds, why have a discussion?

2. Who would determine violations and necessary actions?

.3 I think a church would need to reflect before acting.
I don't know why some people act in such a way that belies their faith that people cannot change, but they do. Especially if they do not believe this, or if they don't think that they believe it, that is a mystery to me as to why they would act in such a way, that is identical to how people act who believe people cannot change.

There were a couple assumptions proposed in the OP, but as far as what is and what is not licit, isn't mentioned or considered.

Regarding reflection before action, that's what the thread is for.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
there's only one true God and that's the father, and Jesus said this himself.
John 17
another clear word of Jesus to discredit the trinity doctrine.
No it isn't, you idiot.
And Yes, RCC have too many pagan practice and faith.
No Catholics don't, you pinhead.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe that it's right to take a life for any reason, God gave life and God takes life away. If we do it then it's murder.

I understand and I agree people are entitled to their opinion, but what about the Holy Spirit? Should we be guided by the opinion of the Holy Spirit?

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?" (Acts 5:3)​

It looks to me that set an example for us with regard to liberty and justice for all. In the name of justice a person can forfeit their liberty.

My opinion is that timely execution is much more merciful than a person forfeiting their liberty for years and years. I say move on.

It all works out for the best for those who love God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Do you think the hero of this video sinned, or do you think he was justified?
For those that think the 1911 is an antique. There is a reason it was used for 75 years as the standard side arm, and it still used at will by those that get to choose. The training standard the Army used was a 2 quick shots which will not be a tight group, but 6 to 8 inch dispersion. And with a bullet twice the mass of your average 9mm, there is no getting up.

And yeah, he trains as one should.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I wonder what most people who are waiting on death row would prefer? They mostly fight to live!

Is that because they don't realize how merciful death is?

Do you realize how merciful death is?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
justified, not Justified
Of course. This thread concerns the death penalty, which the hero of the video inflicted upon one of the criminals, and swiftly, and as Nick points out, he did it very well, from a best practices standpoint.

marhig

I understand and I agree people are entitled to their opinion, but what about the Holy Spirit? Should we be guided by the opinion of the Holy Spirit?

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?" (Acts 5:3)​

It looks to me that set an example for us with regard to liberty and justice for all. In the name of justice a person can forfeit their liberty.

My opinion is that timely execution is much more merciful than a person forfeiting their liberty for years and years. I say move on.

It all works out for the best for those who love God.

Who took Ananias' life?

marhig

No it isn't, you idiot.
No Catholics don't, you pinhead.

Nihilo can you tell me what John 17:3 means then please?

John 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know YOU the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom YOU have sent

marhig

Is that because they don't realize how merciful death is?

Do you realize how merciful death is?
I realise hour merciful death to self is.

But only God should take life, be gave it and only he has the right to take it again!

randomvim

Hi randomvim,

You did ask me questions and I answered them to what I believe to be true.

1. I don't believe in killing anyone for any reason, I would defend others and I would try and protect myself from say an intruder in my home but not to the point of purposely killing them. If I was speaking about the things of God then I hope that I would take it, because that would be Satan in others trying to keep us quiet, and we are to overcome evil with good and suffer it. This is how Jesus overcame Satan, he took everything that Satan put him through and showed love in return, love is the key. I watched a film called hacksaw ridge, (it sounds awful but it's not what you think) it was a bit violent but I kept closing my eyes at those bits. Anyway, the story was amazing and is true, I was in tears, the man in it was so strong in God. I hope that God would strengthen me and I would be like him if I were in the same situation, he was a true man of God.

2 we will just have to agree to disagree regarding Mary, I don't think anything bad about her, she was a strong woman of God, you just have to hear her prayer to know that. I just believe that it's wrong to reverence Mary, and we are to pray to God alone.

3. Firstly let me say this, I don't believe that it's right to bow down to any images, that includes images of Mary, Christ Jesus or the cross. There is no need to do this and God says that it's wrong to do so, the way to worship God is to worship him in spirit and in truth and lay down our lives for others and do his will. Outward worship means nothing, we should worship God from our hearts through Jesus Christ.

But I wouldn't judge another because of their denomination, even though I don't agree with the teachings of many churches, I don't know the individual hearts of others. Jesus didn't say that we are to follow a denomination, he said "follow me" and I follow him. And he also said who is my, brother sister, or mother, but those who do the will of my father. And those are my brother's and sisters in God also, those who truly live by the will of God, regardless of denomination although reading some posts on here, it looks like some churches don't teach that their members are to obey God and live by his will, which I find unbelievable!

4 Jesus is the one true way yes, but there's only one true God and that's the father, and Jesus said this himself.

John 17

1. Good luck with that. It is not easy to harm others and hard to do so to prevent them from damaging you further. I hope you never have to act on any scenario which would require your own physical action.

As for the movie, I will look into it. I know what you mean by not taking title for what one may think. Hamburger Hill was nothing literal for its title.

2. I am open to agreeing to disagree.

3. thank you for clarifying your position. I would be curious to the act - as to why and meaning - for bowing to a physical image.

As for your last statement. I hope I may present both God and Catholicism well. You seem to word your opinion in a fine manner.

4. This may be another agree to disagree, or at least on this thread. I follow trinity.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk