Killing in the Name of...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Which church teaches that the death penalty is warranted?

Also, Jesus never taught the death penalty, he taught against violence, when Peter cut the ear off by the sword, Jesus put it back on. And Paul said that our weapons of warfare are not carnal.

And there have been people who have been executed then they have been proven innocent afterwards.

I don't agree with the death penalty, for whatever the reason, I believe in life in prison for those deeds that others might see as deserving death. And when I say life, I mean life not just a few years and then out.

If someone is wicked to a child, then they shouldn't ever be realised. Thats punishment anyway, even knowing that they will never get out again.
There's something about following the popes' lead that non-Catholics just do not understand or "get." It frees you from ever have to listen again to raving fools like you who ignore those whom Jesus Himself appointed to teach us in matters of faith and in morals, and yes, the Catholic Church teaches that in cases where innocent people cannot be protected from them otherwise, capital punishment is warranted, and based on her teaching on self-defense she can be construed to be saying that we are morally required to kill those criminals against whom we cannot protect innocent people.

marhig

There's something about following the popes' lead that non-Catholics just do not understand or "get." It frees you from ever have to listen again to raving fools like you who ignore those whom Jesus Himself appointed to teach us in matters of faith and in morals, and yes, the Catholic Church teaches that in cases where innocent people cannot be protected from them otherwise, capital punishment is warranted, and based on her teaching on self-defense she can be construed to be saying that we are morally required to kill those criminals against whom we cannot protect innocent people.
Ah the Catholic church, yes they follow what suits them and they teach the false teaching of worshipping Mary and bowing down to idols, so I'm not surprised that they will teach that it's alright to murder another human being! Morally required to kill? That's definitely not what Jesus taught!

You call me an idiot, but can you show me where Jesus taught that we should kill anyone?

Last edited:

glassjester

Ah the Catholic church, yes they follow what suits them and they teach the false teaching of worshipping Mary and bowing down to idols,

Lies.

so I'm not surprised that they will teach that it's alright to murder another human being! Morally required to kill? That's definitely not what Jesus taught!

Killing in self-defense, or defense of an innocent is not murder.

You call me an idiot, but can you show me where Jesus taught that we should kill anyone?

Is it morally wrong to kill in defense of an innocent?

marhig

Lies.

Killing in self-defense, or defense of an innocent is not murder.

Is it morally wrong to kill in defense of an innocent?

For example, If I was defending a child and I tried to stop someone from attacking them as they were being attacked and they died as a result then no it's not.

If someone is attacking me personally, then I am to take it and not lash out back, suffer it and do good to them, we overcome evil with good.

And I am not to execute anybody or agree to execution God said thou shalt not kill. And Jesus taught against violence.

And I'm not a liar, the Catholic church has taught it's congregation to worship Mary, and to bow down to statues and God said we are not to do this. We worship God in spirit and in truth, not by worldly churches traditions and ordinances.

randomvim

For example, If I was defending a child and I tried to stop someone from attacking them as they were being attacked and they died as a result then no it's not.

If someone is attacking me personally, then I am to take it and not lash out back, suffer it and do good to them, we overcome evil with good.

And I am not to execute anybody or agree to execution God said thou shalt not kill. And Jesus taught against violence.

And I'm not a liar, the Catholic church has taught it's congregation to worship Mary, and to bow down to statues and God said we are not to do this. We worship God in spirit and in truth, not by worldly churches traditions and ordinances.

1. We can overcome evil with good, but preventing ones own death or death of another is condemned or wrong? hard to come by. small number of groups believe that.

2. Catholic church does not teach the worship of Mary. Catholics honor her and some adore her. She prays for us. Guides us to her son.
http://lifeteen.com/blog/catholics-worship-mary/
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/your-questions/church-teachings/mary-the-saints/

two links I found helpful in explaining Mary, but there is more to learn.

why would you think otherwise?

3. Catholics do not bow to statues. Could you provide an example of this?

4. Having every single person act a certain way is difficult. Various people can act against what is taught unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The death penalty is not a defensible construct of Christianity except on the grounds of turning others against God.

It's funny
Because
While you demonize the Church for killing heretics
You're off demanding death for everything else other than blasphemy

:plain:

marhig

1. We can overcome evil with good, but preventing ones own death or death of another is condemned or wrong? hard to come by. small number of groups believe that.

2. Catholic church does not teach the worship of Mary. Catholics honor her and some adore her. She prays for us. Guides us to her son.
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/your-questions/church-teachings/mary-the-saints/

4. Having every single person act a certain way is difficult. Various people can act against what is taught unfortunately.

1. That's what Jesus taught, and we are to suffer whatever is set before us and do Gods will and keep our faith, even if it means losing our life as Jesus did and as many of his apostles did, for example look at Stephen.

2. You don't need Mary guide you to Jesus, we just follow him, and through Jesus is the only way to God nothing is through Mary. And Jesus taught us to pray to the father direct, he said that we are to say "our father" he didn't tell us to pray to Mary or through Mary.

96cb7df49dd8414a945bc18e70431722.jpg

dabd2ae9f919da58eaf046e3201a9590.jpg

801fde70fe3c71f7ae18792f8dfdf482.jpg

7907fb7fbbb301463c5ea85ab8510863.jpg

4. If we truly follow Jesus then we will live by what he taught, and many can follow different ways, but the only true way is Jesus and his sheep hear his voice and they follow him.

balut55

Did Mary die? Then she is awaiting judgement. Can you show me in the Bible where God took her up like Elias.? She is no more important than me as I'm also a vehicle utilized to spread the gospel. Mary is only being used for the Islamic and Catholic and Satanic one world church. Chapter 19 of the Koran. I would expect to see a false apparition of her in September. Pope Francis says she is the woman in revelations 12. Lol The woman goes into labor in September.

As for turning the other cheek. In these times it's especially important. When they come to get me it will be impossible to fight. I will defend my property until then.

Our persecutors are swifter than the eagles of the heaven: they pursued us upon the mountains, they laid wait for us in the wilderness. Lamentations.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that they should be put away for their whole life and never let out again as they would be a danger to children.

So you advocate a drawn out death rather than just getting it over with? Why?

randomvim

1. That's what Jesus taught, and we are to suffer whatever is set before us and do Gods will and keep our faith, even if it means losing our life as Jesus did and as many of his apostles did, for example look at Stephen.

2. You don't need Mary guide you to Jesus, we just follow him, and through Jesus is the only way to God nothing is through Mary. And Jesus taught us to pray to the father direct, he said that we are to say "our father" he didn't tell us to pray to Mary or through Mary.

96cb7df49dd8414a945bc18e70431722.jpg

dabd2ae9f919da58eaf046e3201a9590.jpg

801fde70fe3c71f7ae18792f8dfdf482.jpg

7907fb7fbbb301463c5ea85ab8510863.jpg

4. If we truly follow Jesus then we will live by what he taught, and many can follow different ways, but the only true way is Jesus and his sheep hear his voice and they follow him.

1. Yes keep our faith, but we can keep our faith even when preventing a horrible act. Preventing certain acts do not reflect what some apoatles did who died because of their religion; not to allow a theif or rapist to kill them.

Allowing all actions by humans (who have free will) does not go against Jesus's teachings. If you truly think they do - then would that mean you disagree with having firefighters, police, and emergency responders?

2. I didnt say NEED. I said she can. Her intervention has helped many follow Jesus and respect life already. She may pray for us the same as a pastor may pray for their congregation. But there are various differences and thought of someone in heaven giving a hand in my prayers is rather comforting.
https://www.catholic.com/audio/cal/5707

3. Your images are weak exampled. Second image has a person kissing baby Jesus. First you see kneeling but is it just the statue or is this at Mass and the Sanctified Eucharist is out which all Catholics are to kneel or bow infront of? 4th pic I cant tell what that is, a hat? 3rd Are people kneeling near a statue. Where is it? what are they doing, praying perhaps? Are they on a pilgramage in which they navigate a path and pray near statues that are used to remind us of heroes and how we should act?
We should not assume a person's heart/soul ... or mind.

4. I agree, Jesus is the one true way as he is one true God. We can help each other and we may use various things to help us as well.

randomvim

Did Mary die? Then she is awaiting judgement. Can you show me in the Bible where God took her up like Elias.? She is no more important than me as I'm also a vehicle utilized to spread the gospel. Mary is only being used for the Islamic and Catholic and Satanic one world church. Chapter 19 of the Koran. I would expect to see a false apparition of her in September. Pope Francis says she is the woman in revelations 12. Lol The woman goes into labor in September.

As for turning the other cheek. In these times it's especially important. When they come to get me it will be impossible to fight. I will defend my property until then.

Our persecutors are swifter than the eagles of the heaven: they pursued us upon the mountains, they laid wait for us in the wilderness. Lamentations.

Looks like you have some other issued going on.

1. I dont need to show a biblical representation, but Elias can be used as example that Mary, who bore Jesus could have been assumed into heaven and had not died. Various other points are made to support the claim as well. I suggest book "Behold your Mother."

2. Mary is not used for anything. She is honored. nothing wrong in that.

3. turn the other cheeck. but you just said you would defend your property? seems like a contradiction.

randomvim

So you advocate a drawn out death rather than just getting it over with? Why?
is that person getting tortured? Being able to atone for ones sins and ill actions is far better than us commiting some sin to damn ourselves.

balut55

The false apparition of Mary happened in Fatima Portugal. Fatima is Mohammed's daughters name. The Catholic Church now has a publication named just "Fatima" Fatima is the near sinless daughter of Mohammed.

Our lady Fatima

of Prophet Muhammad; Revolution Day; Oil Nationalization Day; Martyrdom of Fatima; Islamic Republic Day; Nature Day; Birthday of Imam A

Fatima holidays in Islamic culture.

Queen of heaven is revelations 12 according to Pope Francis interpretation.

Not. It's the mother Israel. Mother of man child.

12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

So Mary is in the wilderness for tribulations. Lol

balut55

VIII. QUEEN OF ALL CREATION

241. Mary, the Mother who cared for Jesus, now cares with maternal affection and pain for this wounded world. Just as her pierced heart mourned the death of Jesus, so now she grieves for the sufferings of the crucified poor and for the creatures of this world laid waste by human power. Completely transfigured, she now lives with Jesus, and all creatures sing of her fairness. She is the Woman, “clothed in the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars” (Rev 12:1). Carried up into heaven, she is the Mother and Queen of all creation. In her glorified body, together with the Risen Christ, part of creation has reached the fullness of its beauty. She treasures the entire life of Jesus in her heart (cf. Lk 2:19,51), and now understands the meaning of all things. Hence, we can ask her to enable us to look at this world with eyes of wisdom.

242. At her side in the Holy Family of Nazareth, stands the figure of Saint Joseph. Through his work and generous presence, he cared for and defended Mary and Jesus, delivering them from the violence of the unjust by bringing them to Egypt. The Gospel presents Joseph as a just man, hard-working and strong. But he also shows great tenderness, which is not a mark of the weak but of those who are genuinely strong, fully aware of reality and ready to love and serve in humility. That is why he was proclaimed custodian of the universal Church. He too can teach us how to show care; he can inspire us to work with generosity and tenderness in protecting this world which God has entrusted to us.

balut55

Eu flag has 12 stars. Hmmmm. The new Holy Roman Empire(not holy and Roman. German and unholy.

Germany received a head wound but it was healed in 1988.

randomvim

This concerns politics.

Let's take the stance for the sake of argument that after a certain age, a human being is physiologically incapable (that is, it is physically, logically impossible) of changing their mind.

Let's further take the stance that killing human beings in order to extinguish an antisocial faith is verboten. Whatever we think about moral offenses, we agree that killing in order to extinguish the motive faith that animates such antisocial behavior (which defines the faith as antisocial; its fruit), is off the table.
Spoiler
Let's not take these stances and judge the actions of the past, but only look at today and tomorrow; yesterday is a step along the journey, and we're trying to focus here on the present and on the future, if we can agree on this.
Given the above, how do we deal with people who only live because we have mercifully granted them their lives, because in another time, they would be condemned and killed, by us, humanity, in the hopes of extinguishing forever the motivating faith residing in a person above a certain age who commits antisocial crimes, even regularly.
Spoiler
I think the first takeaway from such conditions is that we are claiming responsibility for every crime that any of us commit. We won't kill, because we claim responsibility for the crime ourselves, we committed the necessary and sufficient conditions for the crime to occur. All that was needed was a hapless immoral person to come along and trip the tripwire that we constructed, in committing the necessary and sufficient conditions for the crime to occur, needing only a criminal to play the part of evil.

We admit that we are the reason evil lives. We have created the perfect climate for the criminal. We have prepared them personally to commit crimes, and we have prepared the conditions for crime, and then we arrest and prosecute the criminals.
The least we can do is not kill them, given what they had to deal with.
Spoiler
I personally believe that promiscuous people are worthy of execution. They are among those who only live because we let you live, instead of give you what you deserve, which is to be killed. Because the faith that tolerates, protects or engages in the promiscuous lifestyle should be killed. The only way to extinguish a cancerous idea like that is to kill those who believe in it, and quickly and mercilessly, because that faith is destructive of us all. Your right does not extend to a right to destroy us all; our necessity is to protect ourselves from your diseased notion of life, which is tantamount to tolerating excrement all around your livingquarters, never cleaning it up, and even asking people with a straight face, "What smell?"
What should we the Church do?

1. If a person is unable to changer their minds, why have a discussion?

2. Who would determine violations and necessary actions?

.3 I think a church would need to reflect before acting.