Katrina Damage

koban

PureX said:
I agree. Economic class prejudice is the most powerfully divisive force in America today. Racism comes into play regarding who gets forced into the lower economic classes, however.

:cow:

Morpheus

docrob57 said:
Did you happen to notice all of the pictures of Coast Guard people putting themselves in great danger to rescue some 3000+ poor black (primarily) people stranded on their rooftops and in their attics?
Yes I did. Those who were there engaging in rescue operation are to be commended. The problem is that they were ordered to pick them up from rooftops and sit them down in the middle of a highway or some other location where they were abandoned. They weren't taken out of danger, just moved. It wasn't the fault of the responders; it was higher than that. Most of those who volunteered or were ordered in became frustrated that theiy were so mismanaged.

docrob57

Zakath said:
Needle? I'd rather see them drowned... a bit more poetic justice. :mad:
:cheers:

I understand that there were a few survivors. They were found floating on their mattresses pressed up against the ceiling.

:mad:

Quasar1011

wickwoman said:
Blaming the President, liberals, or gays is counter productive. And, at this point, I think the only thing to blame is water.

Well, we could blame God.

Amos 3:6b (New International Version)

When disaster comes to a city,
has not the LORD caused it?

Gaviidae

docrob57 said:
Yeah gee, it's happened so many times before. Like . . . . . ?

New Orleans was leveled by hurricanes 4 times between 1718 and 1723. And was flooded in 1849 by another hurricane.

Army of One

Gaviidae said:
New Orleans was leveled by hurricanes 4 times between 1718 and 1723. And was flooded in 1849 by another hurricane.
4 times in 5 years?:shocked: That's not a very good track record.