Katrina Damage

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The looting part of this story is unbelievable.

So the question is, should they bother rebuilding New Orleans? It's just gonna happen again....and again....

drbrumley

Actually, I read Bush was blamed for this... how pathetic. The blame is on the liberals for the afermath disaster this has turned in to. two days before any food can get in. How pathetic.

GuySmiley

BillyBob said:
The looting part of this story is unbelievable.

So the question is, should they bother rebuilding New Orleans? It's just gonna happen again....and again....
Dont rebuild it, trade it to the liberals as a new wetland for their agreement that we can drill for oil in Alaska. Or make it a scuba park.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Y'know, it won't surprise me if Fred Phelps & Co. put up a big banner on their website saying "THE DED CATLICKS OF NU ORLENZ R N HELLLL!!!!!11"...

Army of One

Gerald said:
Y'know, it won't surprise me if Fred Phelps & Co. put up a big banner on their website saying "THE DED CATLICKS OF NU ORLENZ R N HELLLL!!!!!11"...
I wish I could look at your "prediction" as a joke, and just laugh about it. But I don't think such a statement would be beneath an idiot like Phelps. :nono:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Army of One said:
I wish I could look at your "prediction" as a joke, and just laugh about it. But I don't think such a statement would be beneath an idiot like Phelps. :nono:
You're right: it wasn't.

wickwoman

Blaming the President, liberals, or gays is counter productive. And, at this point, I think the only thing to blame is water. And we can't control that. It's just silly to start pointing the finger, that's connected to a hand that could pick up a shovel or something and start working to help.

The looters shooting up at the rescue helicopters and helicopters bringing supplies should be shot on site. They are causing bodies that could be helping get people off their roofs to be diverted to keeping the peace. It's pathetic and they don't deserve to live.

PureX

wickwoman said:
The looters shooting up at the rescue helicopters and helicopters bringing supplies should be shot on site. They are causing bodies that could be helping get people off their roofs to be diverted to keeping the peace. It's pathetic and they don't deserve to live.
Yeah, but it comes from a lifetime of rage and poverty. They are dying from lack of water and they see the emergency helicopters passing them over, time after time. It's horrible, but it's not that surprising.

beanieboy

wickwoman said:
Blaming the President, liberals, or gays is counter productive. And, at this point, I think the only thing to blame is water. And we can't control that. It's just silly to start pointing the finger, that's connected to a hand that could pick up a shovel or something and start working to help.

I find it kind of absurd to say that blaming Bush is pathetic, but blaming the liberals is not.

Seems to me that it was hurricane. These things happen.
What is truly sad is that people see this catastrophe, and blame someone for it, rather than trying to figure out how to help.

I, too, was angry at the looting, but then I saw some of the looters. A camera man said, "why did you just loot Walmart?" The man lifted his feet, which were barefoot, and said, "Look at me!! I have nothing!! I don't even have shoes! I have no money, no food, no shelter, and I walking all over with houses smashed all over, so I at least need shoes!"

Is it ok? No. But everything is taking a long time, they have no water, no power, it's hot, and so in desparation and frustration, many people not even knowing where their family is, have turned violent.

I think nature is to blame, and nothing else.
But it is now up to all of us to do something about it.

wickwoman

Purex, I can see looting for food and meds, suntan lotion, mosiquito repellant, but stealing stereos and tennis shoes? If a person has digressed so far in their life that they shoot at helicopters going to help the needy, there's not much hope of them every being a productive member of society. I understand you are trying to put yourself in the other guys shoes, but sometimes I just can't identify with that kind of mindset.

beanieboy

PureX said:
Yeah, but it comes from a lifetime of rage and poverty. They are dying from lack of water and they see the emergency helicopters passing them over, time after time. It's horrible, but it's not that surprising.

That's what I think happened - that they have been on top of their houses, trying to be rescued, and helicopter after helicopter has left without them, and angry, they shot at the helicopter.

It has been an extremely tramatic time - some people not knowing where their family is, or knowing that their friends have drowned or missing, there is no water, and they can't return to their homes for 2 months.

People change when they are in these kind of circumstances, and desparate.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
People change when they are in these kind of circumstances, and desparate.

I don't buy it. :nono:

These people are taking advantage of this circumstance to do something they WANT to do, not something they have to do.

beanieboy

Thompson said the situation is even more dire in New Orleans.

"There's no drinking water. The toilets are backed up. There's no power, no electricity and there's no telling when help will arrive," Thompson said. "If you're not from the South, you don't understand that once that levee breaks, you've got snakes, you've got alligators, you've got everything going through the city."

Thompson said it's gotten to the point where he can't watch the news without getting distraught.

"I turn on the TV and I have to turn it off because it's all bad news," Thompson said. "I really feel like I can't watch anymore."

The Rams Marshall Faulks said this:

Given the chaos he sympathizes with looters, saying they're just doing what's necessary.

"Everything is out and people are going into survivor mode," Faulk said. "They're calling it looting and I'm saying it's survival. What's a store with food in it if you don't have food? What's a store with fresh water if you don't have water?

"What do you do? What are you supposed to do?"

GuySmiley

beanieboy said:
That's what I think happened - that they have been on top of their houses, trying to be rescued, and helicopter after helicopter has left without them, and angry, they shot at the helicopter.
Anyone who shoots at the helicopters should be shot. Anyone carrying a TV should also be shot.