Just got a call from my nephew...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...saying, "We're on our way there." By we, he means he and his girlfriend. They're about four and a half hours from here. I talked him into staying in a hotel when they get here because they're not going to be here until around midnight and I don't want to sleep downstairs because it's too cold.

musterion

My parents said the same to me back when I was in college. I found out later it was because my feet stunk.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
...saying, "We're on our way there." By we, he means he and his girlfriend. They're about four and a half hours from here. I talked him into staying in a hotel when they get here because they're not going to be here until around midnight and I don't want to sleep downstairs because it's too cold.

hello enbenz, it is great to have family come by. not too long though, jk, how often do you see him ? enjoy the cold weather together - God Bless you and yours ! ! !

Truster

Such a caring and self sacrificing attitude to your own family. Makes me wonder what you are like with strangers.

I have a feeling I'm just about to find out.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Such a caring and self sacrificing attitude to your own family. Makes me wonder what you are like with strangers.

I have a feeling I'm just about to find out.

LOL! I didn't bother telling you guys that I have a dog that isn't good with strangers, either. If my nephew and his girlfriend came into the house after I was asleep, it is likely that his girlfriend would have been bitten by the dog.

And, up until about a month ago, my 23-year-old nephew has been living with me (without helping out with the bills or groceries) for about two years now. As much as I love him, it's time for him to start taking care of himself, especially since he brought his girlfriend home with him. She's from Maryland, where he went a month ago for a job interview. I've never met her. Believe it or not, they're lucky that I'm letting them stay with me even temporarily since I've never met her. They'll be staying with me until they save up enough money to get their own place.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hello enbenz, it is great to have family come by. not too long though, jk, how often do you see him ? enjoy the cold weather together - God Bless you and yours ! ! !

If you read my answer to Truster, you will see the answer to your question. :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My nephew and his girlfriend made it in this afternoon. About two hours after he called me last night, they had to stop in West Virginia due to weather conditions. And, their travel today was slow and dangerous. But, he wanted to come home. He'll probably be working within two weeks. His girlfriend may take a little longer to get a job because she doesn't want to work in the factories. My guess is that they'll be staying with me for about a month or month and a half to save up enough money to get their own place. At least they came back just in time for a warm up. They're predicting 40s and 50s for the next week or so.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As much as I love him, it's time for him to start taking care of himself, especially since he brought his girlfriend home with him. She's from Maryland, where he went a month ago for a job interview.

I see I can compile many posts on many different subjects from Truster on his idiot post of the day.

Truster

LOL! I didn't bother telling you guys that I have a dog that isn't good with strangers, either. If my nephew and his girlfriend came into the house after I was asleep, it is likely that his girlfriend would have been bitten by the dog.

And, up until about a month ago, my 23-year-old nephew has been living with me (without helping out with the bills or groceries) for about two years now. As much as I love him, it's time for him to start taking care of himself, especially since he brought his girlfriend home with him. She's from Maryland, where he went a month ago for a job interview. I've never met her. Believe it or not, they're lucky that I'm letting them stay with me even temporarily since I've never met her. They'll be staying with me until they save up enough money to get their own place.

Pet idolatry wins over the needs of humans yet again.