Judging the Mitchell Report

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

an able Justice, mindful of the women
The women are 'the people.' And the Bill of Rights says that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,' and if the right of the people were not already infringed back in the early 1980s, perhaps none of this would have happened, and instead the future doctor would have justly shot and killed the future judge, being well regulated, meaning well armed, and knowing how to shoot. This is what might have happened in a nation respectful enough of the highest law in the land to enforce that law, until such a time as we lawfully amend it.

iow, if he follows his hand, and continues to defend the plain meaning, and the largely uniform authorized interpretation, of the Second Amendment, then Justice Kavanaugh can simultaneously better the lot of all women wrt rapists or murderers, and, by refusing to permit any laws that contravene the Second Amendment anymore, hold the Democrats' hands while they instead try to lawfully change the Constitution.

'Seems like a win-win for everybody around, and the only thing that it hinges upon is him following his hand wrt the Second Amendment. The right of the people to keep and bear all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, shall not be infringed. That's the law. But we can't carry (=bear) rifles, we can't carry concealed unless we're 'permitted' to (permit=infringe), and we can't own/possess (=keep) the weapons that are globally those most 'in common use.'

And that's all just some big-ticket infringements. There are tons and tons of others; they all contravene the Constitution, and as such they all constitute a raping of the Constitution, and I hope that Justice Kavanaugh can play the part of ironic hero, and rescue the Constitution from the corrupt lawmakers who are raping it, all at the expense, further ironically, of 'the women;' whose inalienable right to prepare themselves for war/just self-defense (cf. 'If you want peace, prepare for war'), is currently seriously infringed by Democrat laws.

Jerry Shugart

He may from this point forward be ranked as an able Justice, mindful of the women who will be observing his demeanor, desirous to demonstrate his commitment to their wellbeing and the oath he took shortly after assuming his office. Or, it may be that what we witnessed in response to challenge will be the cornerstone of Kavanaugh's future, if largely under the skin -- imperial, belligerent, partisan, and carrying a grudge like the cross of Calvary.

So you think that you can actually sit in judgment of this man, a man with a spotless record during twelve years on the United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit?

From what I can see about your comments I can only understand that you actually believe in "guilt by accusation"!

Just wait until it happens to you and then perhaps you will finally learn to separate fantasy from reality!

Now you are not connected to reality.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So you think that you can actually sit in judgment of this man
I was holding up the litmus he propounded and failed. I guess he shouldn't have authored one of them.

a man with a spotless record during twelve years on the United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit?
He was a solid judge, a few peculiar holdings notwithstanding. That's why I supported him.

From what I can see about your comments I can only understand that you actually believe in "guilt by accusation"!
That's because you must not have actually read them. Because if you did that doesn't follow.

Just wait until it happens to you and then perhaps you will finally learn to separate fantasy from reality!
Again, my lack of support wasn't over the allegation or his response to it.

Now you are not connected to reality.
Your political bias should be listed under Learning Disabilities. Seriously, when you talk about politics you just untether. No idea why.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The women are 'the people.' And the Bill of Rights says that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,'
And yet you can't own every sort of weapon legally. Or, there's a reasonable line to be drawn. The Court, I believe, made a mistake we're paying for on where they found that line. I believe I draw it where the Founders would be satisfied and that moving beyond that presents a clear and present danger to the people the right was meant to serve.

Jerry Shugart

I was holding up the litmus he propounded and failed.

Did you see any failure on his part during the past twelve years when he served as a Judge on one of the second highest courts in the USA?

Seriously, when you talk about politics you just untether. No idea why.

Seriously, when you talk about politics an accusation serves as proof!

And this from a person who was trained to be a lawyer!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
And yet you can't own every sort of weapon legally.
Not me. Women. Women can't own every sort of weapon legally. It's as if Democrats and others opposed to gun rights prefer that women remain as permanent underdogs to men, in their odds of being victims (usually of men).
Or, there's a reasonable line to be drawn. The Court, I believe, made a mistake we're paying for on where they found that line. I believe I draw it where the Founders would be satisfied and that moving beyond that presents a clear and present danger to the people the right was meant to serve.
It only presents a clear and present danger, as opposed to just a present danger without them, when there are real murderers and real rapists living among us, which there are. We all see the irony in that, especially wrt the Second Amendment's clear language.

iow, it's that murderers and rapists are real, that prima facie justifies the S. Ct.'s authorized interpretation of that law, at least verbally. If murderers and rapists were just figments, only appearing in novels and on television and in movies, then at least you'd have that to argue against expansive gun freedoms, corresponding to the inalienable gun rights that we all possess, and are enshrined in the Second's plain language.

But you don't even have that.

And also wrt 'the right was meant to serve' . . . there's something wrong in that word choice. The right is inalienable, not created, it is recognized, and affirmed in the Constitution, not granted, not like the right to a speedy trial, or the right to vote, or even the right to privacy. These are created, the right to keep and bear all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, is inalienable.

We have the right to defend our own lives, and, we have the inalienable right to defend innocent people. Things infringing this right, are any roadblocks, obstacles, speedbumps, etc., that interfere with how easy it is to obtain, procure, or take possession of all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, along with anything interfering with carrying them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you see any failure on his part during the past twelve years when he served as a Judge on one of the second highest courts in the USA?
This is the first time I've gotten to see him in the flesh speaking to any issue. I've spoken to why I was disappointed, though I hope the experience makes him a better jurist, having experienced what it is like from the other side of the bench.

Seriously, when you talk about politics an accusation serves as proof!
I literally said the accusation wasn't why I changed my mind about him, so what accusation can you be referring to?

lifeisgood

I have never voted in mid-term elections. Guilty as charged. I have changed my tune though.

Because of the 'you are guilty until you (accused) prove yourself innocent'. I have sons and a daughter, grandsons and granddaughters, and I do not ever wish for them (or for anyone else's) to ever be in such a position of being considered 'guilty' and they the 'accused' having to prove that they are innocent. What, do we believe that only boys/men will be placed in such a position of 'prove that you are not guilty'?

I have asked a few of my friends as my birthday gift to go and vote. Yes, I was born November 6. They also have never voted in mid-term elections.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Should be an interesting election. We'll see. I think this hearing will have an impact. Now what that impact is and what it says about us remains a mystery for a bit longer.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
So was I and on November 6 I will receive one of the best birhday gifts I have ever received--the Republicans will retain control of both the House and the Senate!

From your mouth to God's ear I hope. Trump has already literally saved this nation by saving the Supreme Court from the fascist mobs. He deserves everyone's support.